Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
Bamadisdreamer
Earning My Ears

Ticket question

Hi, I hope I'm asking this in the right place. I've never posted here before but I lurk often and I've listened to all the podcasts so I know everyone here is very knowledgeable. That's why I'm hoping someone can help me.
My mother and stepfather planned a trip to WDW last year but never went (long story). They purchased their tickets thru undercover tourist but couldn't return them bc they signed them. Well now my husband, son and I are going and my mother is coming along. My stepfather has offered his ticket to us but we're worried about it since it's signed. I chatted online with someone and they said it would be fine. I then called Disney bc I wondered if there would be a problem adding days (4day park hopper, want to stay longer). The lady I spoke with said she doesn't think we'll be able to use it at all. I've never had my id checked at Disney but she said if they did check it they might confiscate the ticket. My mother will be there and they have the same last name so I don't know if that would help any or I just shouldn't risk it. He's never going to use the ticket I hate for it to go to waste. Does anyone have any experience using an unused ticket? Thanks so much!

Bamadisdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

If the ticket has never been used, you should have no problem using it. The first time you use the ticket, the person that goes through the turnstiles will have to give Disney the biometric finger scan. From there on out, only that person will be able to use the ticket.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. When you call a Disney number, unless you really know the person you are specifically calling you are getting a call center. These are in Orlando, Tampa, Utah, North Carolina, Kansas and Texas. Some of the people working at them have never been to WDW or DLR.

2. For at least ten months the people on the phones have said you cannot pick up package tickets early. Nobody has reported this actually happening. And there are CMs on this board who say it is not true.

3. For several years people at reservations have been saying that you cannot use a MNSSHP or MVMCP ticket to get into MK before 7:00. For many years the actual policy is you can get into MK with a Party ticket at 4:00.

4. If you ask a question on DisBoards (especially the TPA&S forum) and person gives a wrong answer there will be at least a half dozen people jumping in with the correct information.

5. An unused ticket is freely transferable, even if the ticket is signed.

6. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, especially Post #6, you can get a lot more information about upgrades. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Bamadisdreamer
Earning My Ears

Thank ya'll so much for your help, and the link.

Bamadisdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: