Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #1531
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You volunteered to take pictures in front of a building?
You can't deny that we spruced it up a bit. I'm like a one-man civic beautification project. ....wait, that didn't come out right.
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #1532
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have an excuse for missing the last update...I was sick all last week and heading to bed early so I could get better for my trip in three days.
I certainly hope you're feeling better now. One of the DISDad man laws is that you're not allowed to be sick at Disney World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love that you stayed on Disney property as long as you could. Beautiful pictures around Kidani. And, you are right, Jambo's gift shop is awesome!
None of us really wanted to re-enter the real world. And did you know that Jambo House is opening an annex of their gift shop in Delaware? On Christmas morning, our family room is going to basically have all of the same merchandise in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad you also got to go to DTD and spend the savings account (I'm fearful how high they jack the prices when we are there this week).
I hear they discount the prices during the holiday season.

Ok, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The comparison pictures...so happy, so sad. Here's hoping the little kids AND THE BIG KID get back there real soon.
Me too! I wish I knew when that was going to happen again. We have some ideas...I'll share them in my wrap-up chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
exactly what i was thinking when i saw that. mr olympian.
Has Glenn been tested for PED's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
This one here:

Dragon’s Breath

And thanks for the plug.
Ah, there it is. That was an awesome bonus feature (and my favorite). I just couldn't locate it quickly yesterday.

I anticipate giving you another shameless plug in the next chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You can't deny that we spruced it up a bit. I'm like a one-man civic beautification project. ....wait, that didn't come out right.
As a specimen, yes, you're intimidating.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #1533
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again
 
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Along the Nation Ford, SC
Posts: 5,614

Quote:
As a specimen, yes, you're intimidating.

Beauty and the Beast
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #1534
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Beauty and the Beast
+1
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #1536
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm probably getting close to the lie-guess deadline....what's your timing?
Let's try and wrap it up today. If I have time I might be able to do another update tomorrow or Friday.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #1537
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again
 
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Along the Nation Ford, SC
Posts: 5,614

There aren’t a lot of details that stand out as potential perjury in this update (and I haven’t seen too many serious guesses at it either). Most of this one seems perfectly plausible and that’s a problem, because it means the fib may be subtle indeed (or I’m just very dence). I liked the Zazu elevator reference as an extreme detail, but there is such, it is located in the end of the building y’all were staying in and it does lead down to the parking area. Verdict… red herring.

Another possibility was the off hand statement about hanging out in the “toy store” toward the end of the DTD excursion. It seemed an unnecessary addition, but it’s still both plausible and reasonable.

Hummmm...
I don’t like my chances, but I’m going with this one:

Quote:
For some reason, Darth Vader wasn't there to see us off.
I don’t know why I think this, but I say that y’all did in fact see that critter just before leaving Kadani
(now watch it be something related the type or price of the stuff y’all bought in the gift shops).
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #1538
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
There aren’t a lot of details that stand out as potential perjury in this update (and I haven’t seen too many serious guesses at it either). Most of this one seems perfectly plausible and that’s a problem, because it means the fib may be subtle indeed (or I’m just very dence). I liked the Zazu elevator reference as an extreme detail, but there is such, it is located in the end of the building y’all were staying in and it does lead down to the parking area. Verdict… red herring.

Another possibility was the off hand statement about hanging out in the “toy store” toward the end of the DTD excursion. It seemed an unnecessary addition, but it’s still both plausible and reasonable.

Hummmm...
I don’t like my chances, but I’m going with this one:


I don’t know why I think this, but I say that y’all did in fact see that critter just before leaving Kadani
(now watch it be something related the type or price of the stuff y’all bought in the gift shops).
The lie in this chapter is indeed more subtle (and yes, there's only one). I thought some of you might be able to deduce it based on some of the comments that have been directed at me in the past.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #1539
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,016

I think the lie has something to do with shopping at the Kidani and Jambo House gift shops. I believe that you did get some Generic Winter Holiday gifts there, but that one of you got them while the other took the kids around to do some animal viewing or something. Something's fishy in that section of the narrative.

By the way, I still crack up when I see those Arrival and Departure pictures. I think Sarah's look in that departure picture says a lot.
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #1540
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

for the lie im going to say that the kids did not shop in the pin traders, as i dont remember you saying that yo uguys did pin trading?

either that or that the animals did not go back for morning meal times, at least i dont think they do that.

if either is right use it as my final answer.
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #1541
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again
 
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Along the Nation Ford, SC
Posts: 5,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
The lie in this chapter is indeed more subtle (and yes, there's only one). I thought some of you might be able to deduce it based on some of the comments that have been directed at me in the past.
Yay… I didn’t like that first guess much anyway, sop I’ll let you talk me out of it again. But here’s one that actually troubled me when I first read it:


Quote:
It was the morning feeding time when the animals are called back to the pens for their main meals, so not too many were out and about.

There may not have been many out and about, but don’t they spread food around the savannah in an attempt to coax them out in the mornings rather then feeding them in their pens? (Or was it that the main meal was in the evening to call them in… either way that one raises a question or two in my opinion.) I’ve missed several of the lies by simply not going with my first instinct; let’s see if that serves me any better this time around
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #1542
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I think the lie has something to do with shopping at the Kidani and Jambo House gift shops. I believe that you did get some Generic Winter Holiday gifts there, but that one of you got them while the other took the kids around to do some animal viewing or something. Something's fishy in that section of the narrative.

By the way, I still crack up when I see those Arrival and Departure pictures. I think Sarah's look in that departure picture says a lot.
Well, I can say that some Generic Winter Holiday shopping was being done for the adults as well, and we may or may not have enlisted the kids to help with that while the other adult was getting stuff for the kids.

And as Sarah gets older and closer to being a teenager, I seem to be getting that look from her more and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
for the lie im going to say that the kids did not shop in the pin traders, as i dont remember you saying that yo uguys did pin trading?

either that or that the animals did not go back for morning meal times, at least i dont think they do that.

if either is right use it as my final answer.
We hadn't done pin trading before, but the kids took a big interest in the pins for the first time this year.

I thought I had mentioned the morning feeding time in another chapter. The CM's told us they don't force the animals to go in, but most of them have been trained to know when the grub is out at the main building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Yay… I didn’t like that first guess much anyway, sop I’ll let you talk me out of it again. But here’s one that actually troubled me when I first read it:

There may not have been many out and about, but don’t they spread food around the savannah in an attempt to coax them out in the mornings rather then feeding them in their pens? (Or was it that the main meal was in the evening to call them in… either way that one raises a question or two in my opinion.) I’ve missed several of the lies by simply not going with my first instinct; let’s see if that serves me any better this time around
See answer above.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #1543
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,587

This was a tough lie to spot, and indeed it went unnoticed. Given that most of you think I'm an idiot, I thought you might figure it out, but apparently you gave me too much credit.

Once the van was packed, we did not do the final "Idiot Check" of the room. As a result, I left 2 pairs of t-shirts and shorts in the drawer of the dresser in the bedroom. We realized this the next day and I had to make the Call of Shame to lost-n-found. Thankfully, the mousekeepers found it and Disney was gracious enough to mail me the clothes. They can't do anything about me being an idiot, though.

Up-to-date standings...

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 163
glennbo123 155
afwdwfan 90
FreezinRafiki 49
eandesmom 33
FauntleroyFAN07 16
MEK 15
vamassey1 12
MissLiz 11
JediJill 11
shan23877 7
Cinderella's Fella 6
marvali 6
Mrs. Knowitall 3
Wherem I Now 2
Poolrat 2
vdub322 1
JESSketeer 1
TarzansKat 1
PrincePluto 1
chloe770 1
Bridora 1
Flossbolna 1
scott2997 1
glaserjm 1
Connie96 1
Pixie Princess 1
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #1545
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again
 
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Along the Nation Ford, SC
Posts: 5,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Once the van was packed, we did not do the final "Idiot Check" of the room. As a result, I left 2 pairs of t-shirts and shorts in the drawer of the dresser in the bedroom. We realized this the next day and I had to make the Call of Shame to lost-n-found. Thankfully, the mousekeepers found it and Disney was gracious enough to mail me the clothes. They can't do anything about me being an idiot, though.

Tough one; don’t think I’d have ever picked that out…
I am also an idiot (certifiable and a card carrying member of the royal order), but years of hauling musical gear around for myself and various schools has taught me to always perform a final “Idiot Check”, so I just assume that everyone dose so.

As such, that detail didn’t stick out at all in my busted mind.
Never would thought to question it.

Oh well, on to St. Augie and Savannah then.
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline  
 

Tags
disdads, movie quotes, surprise trip, trip reports



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: