Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spart02 View Post
So if we would spend the extra money and stay at the Pan Pacific or Fairmont, are you saying it would be manageable to walk to the cruise terminal even with luggage? How close are they to the cruise terminal?
Both are easy walking distance. Pan Pacific is an elevator ride down. Literally

Fairmont is across the street from there..

We stayed at Sutton Place. Took a cab to port because of luggage, but walked there several times being a tourist.

When we go back, we will stay the several blocks closer to port because it is also close to Gastown (sp?)

There are threads on both Seattle and Vancouver that cover in depth all your questions.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #17
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG101 View Post
I'm bumping this thread as I also would like input as to where you stayed in Seattle (we're a family of 2 adults, 2 children), what hotels were nice and maybe provided free shuttle (I don't mind taking the light rail to the train station either). We're thinking we may need to fly into Seattle from LGB (Long Beach, CA), and take AMTRAK from Seattle to Vancouver.

I would really appreciate everyone's feedback since I'm booking our Alaska 2014
We stayed at The Inn at the Market which is literally right next to the Pike's Place Market. It was a bit pricey but fantastic. The service was top notch and the view was great and close to everything. We took the light rail into town ($2.50 a person) and found it quite easy. The hotel was about 2-3 blocks walk from the rail station but with wheeled suitcases it was not bad at all. The hotel had a courtesy (1st come, 1st served) town car. They took us to dinner one night and picked us up. I think they also had kitchenettes or rooms with more than 1 bedroom. We would definately stay there again.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
SG101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonPie View Post
We stayed at The Inn at the Market which is literally right next to the Pike's Place Market. It was a bit pricey but fantastic. The service was top notch and the view was great and close to everything. We took the light rail into town ($2.50 a person) and found it quite easy. The hotel was about 2-3 blocks walk from the rail station but with wheeled suitcases it was not bad at all. The hotel had a courtesy (1st come, 1st served) town car. They took us to dinner one night and picked us up. I think they also had kitchenettes or rooms with more than 1 bedroom. We would definately stay there again.
A bit pricey? Holy Moly....it's really pricey, but it looks so nice. I would love to stay there one day. Thanks for the info.
* Disney Wonder 7 Days Mexican Riviera April 2011
* Disney Fantasy 7 Days Western Caribbean Feb 2013
* Disney Wonder 7 Days Alaska June 2014 (We're finally Gold!!!)
* Disney Wonder 5 Days San Diego October 2015
SG101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=SG101;47509012]A bit pricey? Holy Moly....it's really priceyQUOTE]

This is how I am feeling about the hotels in Vancouver. With the 5 of us it is either 1 really expensive room or 2 kind of expensive rooms. I guess I have till September to decide what to do, that is when we cruise to Alaska.
We did stay at the Inn at the Market for out 24th anniversary so it was an adult get away not just a "need to stay someplace" kind of trip. They did give us a bottle of wine as an anniversary gift, one less I had to buy
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
jxd
Mouseketeer

After researching on cruise critic, here is our plan on a budget w/2 adults, 2 kids (11, 8):

Fly into SEA Friday night...very late arrival.
Stay @ HI Express SEA. (new hotel and above par for HIExp)
Cab to Amtrak next morning. Sky train is cheaper but not interested @ 6:00am.
Amtrak to Canada Place. Pick up rental car and spend 2 nights in Whistler.
Board ship on Monday.

Airport hotels are $100/night cheaper than hotels close to Amtrak. Marriott Courtyard is within walking distance to both Amtrak and Sky Train if you want a room close to tracks but more expensive than SEA hotels.
jxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #21
mickeyhereicome
Mouseketeer

We are staying in Seattle by the space needle at Maxwell hotel in May. Got it off Hotwire.com for $100 a night. They have a shuttle that goes 5 miles. In Vancouver we are staying at the Coast Coal hotel for $120 a night and it is a few blocks from the port. We are renting a one way minivan (7 passenger) and driving to Vancouver from Seattle. It was $180 for the day. It allows us to visit Olympic national park. We are planning on taking the train back. But someone posted they didn't enjoy it. That made me nervous.
mickeyhereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #22
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I too am going to Vancouver via amtrak and then bus on the way back. I am at hampton inn at seatack with AAA for $98. I too will take a cab or shuttle to amtrak and then the. $10 cab ride to pan pacific.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxd View Post
After researching on cruise critic, here is our plan on a budget w/2 adults, 2 kids (11, 8):

Fly into SEA Friday night...very late arrival.
Stay @ HI Express SEA. (new hotel and above par for HIExp)
Cab to Amtrak next morning. Sky train is cheaper but not interested @ 6:00am.
Amtrak to Canada Place. Pick up rental car and spend 2 nights in Whistler.
Board ship on Monday.

Airport hotels are $100/night cheaper than hotels close to Amtrak. Marriott Courtyard is within walking distance to both Amtrak and Sky Train if you want a room close to tracks but more expensive than SEA hotels.
FYI - Amtrak does not end at Canada Place. If you are picking up your rental car at Canada Place you will need to take a cab to get there.
Didn't want anyone to get confused by your post.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #24
jxd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
FYI - Amtrak does not end at Canada Place. If you are picking up your rental car at Canada Place you will need to take a cab to get there.
Didn't want anyone to get confused by your post.
You are correct...left that part out...thanks. Should be $5-$10 fare to Budget.

Also, Priceline is a great option for hotels if you are comfortable with their selections within your desired criteria.
jxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #25
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Amtrak Seattle to Vancouver

I have read several reports of those that have flown into Seattle and then took the Amtrak to Vancouver and most have said they paid around $30 one-way, with checked baggage.

Maybe I don't know how to read a train schedule, but the only seats I could find were one-way for $60 that accepted check baggage. All the $29 seats I saw had "no checked baggage" in the column in the right.

Am I missing something or maybe looking at the wrong schedule? I was looking at the Seattle King Street station.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

I just went back and looked again. I was looking at May 2013, just to look at prices. Could be that May is already considered as not booking early enough and the fares have risen. I then looked at Oct 2013 and I did see the $29 availability.

Guess that means that we will need to book really early for May 2014 if that is what we end up doing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: