Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #31
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Red face

I got my Landry card because I was a Charthouse Club member, which I think Landry's took over several years ago. Just fyi there is a (free) Landry Selects smartphone app which you can track your credits and all that info.
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Plumeria9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #32
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

I had completely forgotten that we got the card in february, just got an email reminding me to use the $25 and I come here and see this thread. My birthday is in september, so, we will have $50 for our upcoming trip!! How cool is that?

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #33
TandEsMommy
Mouseketeer

To the poster who asked about using multiple Landry's cards, I called RFC at DTD to ask if my brother and I could both use our rewards since we were splitting the check. The hostess said it was limited to one per table. I don't see that anywhere in the T&C or on the card, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the risk. YMMV.
TandEsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #34
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

I just signed up DH to for the Landry's card last week, since his Birthday is today so he can get the Birthday Rewards.

Going to sign myself up later as we are going in June to Disney and my Birthday is in June. So, the plan was to eat at T-Rex on one card and Yak & Yeti on another card.

So, I went in to defer my DH's Birthday Reward but it looks like now that I can defer it but it will still expire the following month on the 15th. So, I guess that didn't do me much good. Can anyone confirm that this is true now??
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #35
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnTH View Post
So, I went in to defer my DH's Birthday Reward but it looks like now that I can defer it but it will still expire the following month on the 15th. So, I guess that didn't do me much good. Can anyone confirm that this is true now??
That's what the FAQs say. Earned rewards can be deferred (and have an expiration date of a year out), but the other ones either don't change their expiration date or cannot be deferred at all. And it seems like "deferred" just means "don't use on this visit".

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #36
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
That's what the FAQs say. Earned rewards can be deferred (and have an expiration date of a year out), but the other ones either don't change their expiration date or cannot be deferred at all. And it seems like "deferred" just means "don't use on this visit".
That's how I read it too. So, deferring doesn't really do much in this case. Guess I'm going to have to make a trip to Mall of America and go to Bubba Gump's or Rainforest to use this then.
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #37
nanalisa
DIS Veteran

How does the priority seating work? I'm assuming I would still need an ADR for Yak and Yeti, right?

91 off prop; 92 CBR; 93 DL; 95 DL & WL; 96 WL; 97 CSR & WL; 98 (Nov) DL; 99 CBR, Poly & BC; 01 AKL & Contemp; 02 (Jan) WL; 02 POR & Poly; 03 AKL; 05 POFQ, WL & SSR; 06 (July) Boardwalk & Contemporary; 07 (Oct) AKL; 09 (August) ASMU & WL; 10 (Oct) POR; 11 (Dec) POR; 13 (Jan) POR; 14 (July) CSR
nanalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #38
Suz D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
ok I am about to buy my landry club card online but I was just wondering a few things before I do it. 1) Will my 25.00 welcome be on there when I get it in the mail? 2) How does the priority seating work? Do I need an ADR? Am I able to just walk in and get the next available seat? Anyone know? 3) will I ever incur another fee? TIA!!!!
When I first read this I thought it said LAUNDRY club card. Priority seating to do your laundry? Okay, I officially need to slow down when I read. Thanks for the laugh!
Suz D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #39
BonnieA
I don't need no stinkin tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanalisa View Post
How does the priority seating work? I'm assuming I would still need an ADR for Yak and Yeti, right?
Nope, we just walked into Yak and yeti with the landry's card.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #40
kellia
DIS Veteran

Can you use your $25 from bday or getting the card at Yak and Yetti?
kellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #41
DawnM
Dawn

We are using ours this weekend. Dh's b-day is October and since we typically come in November, I made sure it was in HIS name and with his birthday.

Does the card get you a free appetizer like Safari Club did after we use the initial $25 credit? I loved the Safari Club and always used an appetizer as one of our meals.

I also have .99 kids' meal tickets but only one of my kids qualifies anymore!

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #42
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanalisa View Post
We just walked up to the podium and showed the hostess my card. It was a busy night and we got sat within 10 minutes. I noticed our slip said VIP and the seater and the waitress both made a big deal that we had the card. We used both the sign up bonus and the bday reward and had a manager come out and thanked us for coming in - server said that is what they do when you have a Landry's card
tzeitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #43
dznyacct
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the $25 birthday credit can be used for merchandise in the stores rather than the restaurants? Thanks
Old 11-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #44
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznyacct View Post
Does anyone know if the $25 birthday credit can be used for merchandise in the stores rather than the restaurants? Thanks
That FAQ link Fire14 posted is really informative - but, only at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #45
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

?....does the b-day bonus go right on the card? We are leaving end of Jan and my b-day is in Feb. I want to make sure I don't have to print anything out. We're going to T-Rex.

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999
FT CM - May 2000-Dec 2001 (AKL, BC, Poly)
ASMo 11/03 ASMo 11/06 AS Sp/Mo 8/08 ASMo 1/9 ASMu 8/09 ASMu 8/11 ASMu 1/13

DL/DCA
CM - Dec 2000-Feb 2001 (Grand Opening of DCA)
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/29/11
adventure_woman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: