Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
Mom2Ben02
Our little souvenir from WDW was baby #2! :-)

If I wanted to receive birthday rewards for my hubby, would I need to get a card for him as well?

And, do we need to show proof of our birthdays? Want to make sure I bring my license if need be.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post
If I wanted to receive birthday rewards for my hubby, would I need to get a card for him as well?

And, do we need to show proof of our birthdays? Want to make sure I bring my license if need be.
yes you would have to get him a 25.00 membership as well.
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

I have the old card I got at Rainforest Cafe years ago. I get priority seating and a free appetizer each time I dine. Is this card no longer valid? We are going next May/June to Disney and my Birthday is in June (as is my Daughters). Could I sign me up and her up and then we would each get the $25 Welcome and $25 Birthday Next June and we could use them together at Yak & Yeti or TRex?? Not sure if that is allowed or if she can get one - she is only 11?
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
BonnieA
I don't need no stinkin tag

I had joined the Safari Club (rainforest cafe) some years back. They automatically upgraded me to the Landry Select club. At the time I only paid $15 for it. Good Deal.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #20
Fire14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieA View Post
I had joined the Safari Club (rainforest cafe) some years back. They automatically upgraded me to the Landry Select club. At the time I only paid $15 for it. Good Deal.
My old safari club card was changed into select club card and if I'm remembering correctly the safari club was no more as of march 2012.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #21
Fire14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnTH View Post
I have the old card I got at Rainforest Cafe years ago. I get priority seating and a free appetizer each time I dine. Is this card no longer valid? We are going next May/June to Disney and my Birthday is in June (as is my Daughters). Could I sign me up and her up and then we would each get the $25 Welcome and $25 Birthday Next June and we could use them together at Yak & Yeti or TRex?? Not sure if that is allowed or if she can get one - she is only 11?
From FAQ on landy's select club site:

I am under 16 years of age and have a Safari Club membership. Am I allowed to migrate to the Landry’s Select Club? In recognition of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and to further protect the privacy of minors online, the Landry's Select Club requires members to be at least 16 years of age to participate in the program. If a Safari Club account is held by an individual younger than this age requirement, the Landry's Select Club account will need to be registered to a member of the household that is over 16 years of age. If you have any questions, please have a parent or guardian contact our friendly Loyalty Program team at 866.995.6925 (option 2).
Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #22
Fire14

here is link to faq page for select club there is a safari club section futher down page. http://www.landrysselect.com/ClubFaqs.aspx#safari
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #23
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Well Darn. Thanks for the info. Still will be worth it to pay the $25 and get $50 to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
From FAQ on landy's select club site:

I am under 16 years of age and have a Safari Club membership. Am I allowed to migrate to the Landry’s Select Club? In recognition of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and to further protect the privacy of minors online, the Landry's Select Club requires members to be at least 16 years of age to participate in the program. If a Safari Club account is held by an individual younger than this age requirement, the Landry's Select Club account will need to be registered to a member of the household that is over 16 years of age. If you have any questions, please have a parent or guardian contact our friendly Loyalty Program team at 866.995.6925 (option 2).
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
rnorwo1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
points/rewards are valid for 12 months from issue date, bday rewards expire 15th of month after bday month.
Thanks!
rnorwo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #25
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
My bday reward still shows up on my acct online, even though it was in April. Anyone know if I can still use it? Does the welcome gift expire?
Quote:
In terms it says bday reward is in account first day of bday month and must be used by 15th of following month. My bday reward still shows in my account also so I guess I shall see next time I use my card.
My birthday was in April also, you can deactivate your credit, and then just activate it when you travel. I activated it last week and used the $25 birthday credit and my $25 gift card from Mypoints at the Chart House in Atlantic City, NJ.
We had a wonderful meal at the Chart House at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City, NJ on Thursday.
Michele

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #26
HoosierDaddy71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
My birthday was in April also, you can deactivate your credit, and then just activate it when you travel. I activated it last week and used the $25 birthday credit and my $25 gift card from Mypoints at the Chart House in Atlantic City, NJ.
We had a wonderful meal at the Chart House at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City, NJ on Thursday.
Michele
How do you do that? Do you call them up and ask them to deactivate it? DW and I both have our birthdays next month but won't be at Disney until end of October. If I could find a way to keep the birthday rewards, that would be great. TIA

Next trip - 10/2014 Universal/Beach/MNSSHP
Previous trips:
10/2013 - Silver Lake Resort
10/2012 - CBR
10/2010 - Vacation Villias at FW
11/1999 - Timeshare
7/1987 - Off site
HoosierDaddy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #27
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure_woman View Post
My b-day is in Feb. when will my b-day credit show up? Will be at dtd on jan 27 and would love to use it then!
I got my "your birthday credit is on your account" email yesterday, my birthday is 8/10. We'll be using the credit at T-rex in September!
The email states:

Birthday rewards will be automatically applied to the bill on your next visit unless you select to defer your reward. Simply visit your account online and select Defer reward. The deferral option will remain in place until the Enable Option is selected. Birthday Rewards expire on the 15th of the month following your birthday month; if you defer your Birthday Reward it will expire on the 15th if unused. Rewards are redeemable in $25 increments. Rewards may not be used for tax and gratuity and in some states alcohol purchases.
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 2/2015 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Do the birthday rewards drop off the account summary when they expire?
I converted my Safari card over to the Selecy card in December of 2011. My birthday was in January , but in my account summary still shows a $25.00 birthday credit in the balance. Will I be able to use it on my September trip or not/ So confused.
jgraney106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #29
flamom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post

i wasn't asked for my license when i used my birthday reward when i used it in June, the server just asked for the landry select card.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #30
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamom View Post
i wasn't asked for my license when i used my birthday reward when i used it in June, the server just asked for the landry select card.
I think since you can defer the bday reward it would mean that they do not ask for id - I doubt the card would show that much info to the server

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: