Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #841
deanimal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 619

I checked too and the itinerary map (but not the written itinerary) show the Galveston-Falmouth-Cayman-Cozumal-Galveston route for all the fall sailings for the Wonder. Something is definitely going on there!
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #842
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,148

Jamaica, Portugal, Denmark, Aruba...lot's of possible new itineraries, but at what cost?http://disneycruiselineblog.com/
__________________
Susiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #843
deanimal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Jamaica, Portugal, Denmark, Aruba...lot's of possible new itineraries, but at what cost?http://disneycruiselineblog.com/
wow, that's sooo interesting!

It seems pretty clear that the Fantasy and Dream will stay in Port Canaveral for 2014, so for me the big question is the two older ships. They can only be in two places, so which destination misses out in 2014; Alaska, New York or Europe? Since Europe is looking more likely, the evidence is pointing towards dropping one of the other two.
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #844
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,148

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanimal View Post
wow, that's sooo interesting!

It seems pretty clear that the Fantasy and Dream will stay in Port Canaveral for 2014, so for me the big question is the two older ships. They can only be in two places, so which destination misses out in 2014; Alaska, New York or Europe? Since Europe is looking more likely, the evidence is pointing towards dropping one of the other two.
Looks like those of us on the west coast lose out again. When will DCL learn that if they do a little advertising, maybe have a cruise and play package with Disneyland, the west coast itineraries would take off.
__________________
Susiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #845
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney
 
peterpan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Lunas, NM
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Looks like those of us on the west coast lose out again. When will DCL learn that if they do a little advertising, maybe have a cruise and play package with Disneyland, the west coast itineraries would take off.
It is very frustrating to me as well that those of us with relatively easy access to the west coast have so few DCL west coast options.
__________________



Cruises:
Past: Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Wonder (CTNowhere) 5/17/14; DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

peterpan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #846
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,148

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan47 View Post
It is very frustrating to me as well that those of us with relatively easy access to the west coast have so few DCL west coast options.
I've been on the Wonder twice, very easy access to LA, and on the Fantasy in August. From the West coast, it is so much more costly and time consuming to travel across the country for a cruise.
__________________
Susiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #847
chateau
DIS Veteran
 
chateau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 827

In that case they should keep a ship on four corners of the continental US.... we'd go to every one of 'em.
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #848
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan47 View Post
It is very frustrating to me as well that those of us with relatively easy access to the west coast have so few DCL west coast options.
People on the west coast have slim pickins' on any cruise line. There are a few Pacific Coastal cruises at the end of the Alaska cruise season, as well as roundtrip cruises to Hawaii out of LA or San Diego. Carnival and NCL still offer some Mexican Riviera cruises in 2013, but the other cruise lines have pulled out of there.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #849
TheGooFTroop
Earning My Ears
 
TheGooFTroop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chula Vista CA,
Posts: 49

Did Disney say they are going back to Hawaii in 2013 if you go to the link below it says Hawaii is a Exciting new destination for 2013 ?http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...ns/home-ports/
__________________
Robbie Jeanette Zachary Brooke



2005 7-Night Mexican Riviera 4th of July on Disney Magic
2008 15-Night 15-Night Panama Canal Westbound on Disny Magic
2012 15-Night Hawaii Cruise on Disney Wonder
.
TheGooFTroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #850
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooFTroop View Post
Did Disney say they are going back to Hawaii in 2013 if you go to the link below it says Hawaii is a Exciting new destination for 2013 ?http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...ns/home-ports/
Great pick up! This is what it says:

"Disney Cruise Line is sailing to exciting destinations in 2013—like Hawai‘i, the Caribbean, the Mediterranean and more!"
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #851
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooFTroop View Post
Did Disney say they are going back to Hawaii in 2013 if you go to the link below it says Hawaii is a Exciting new destination for 2013 ?http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...ns/home-ports/
There are no Hawaii cruises currently scheduled for 2013.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #852
TheGooFTroop
Earning My Ears
 
TheGooFTroop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chula Vista CA,
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
There are no Hawaii cruises currently scheduled for 2013.
That's what I thought but then when I read this I thought I might've missed something
__________________
Robbie Jeanette Zachary Brooke



2005 7-Night Mexican Riviera 4th of July on Disney Magic
2008 15-Night 15-Night Panama Canal Westbound on Disny Magic
2012 15-Night Hawaii Cruise on Disney Wonder
.
TheGooFTroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #853
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,700

So just a mistake on the website? If so, that's very misleading. Could they maybe add it in for the Wonder or Magic later? Yes, wishful, wistful, unrealistic thinking....I know.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #854
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
So just a mistake on the website? If so, that's very misleading. Could they maybe add it in for the Wonder or Magic later? Yes, wishful, wistful, unrealistic thinking....I know.
The October 2012 Hawaii cruise was a late addition. (By the way, how was your cruise?) Considering that DCL has been willing to change itineraries after they are available to book means it's possible that DCL could sail to Hawaii in 2013. However, at this time DCL has nothing scheduled for 2013.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #855
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

The October 2012 Hawaii cruise was a late addition. (By the way, how was your cruise?) Considering that DCL has been willing to change itineraries after they are available to book means it's possible that DCL could sail to Hawaii in 2013. However, at this time DCL has nothing scheduled for 2013.
Our cruise was fantastic! I'm ready to do it again. 8 sea days just was not enough. Loved the long cruise. I hope Disney does Hawaii again. The only downer was the homeschooling my kindergartener. Playdough, cutting, pasting, coloring, math, reading and his constant disgruntlement over it all because he'd rather be doing something else. Neither of us enjoyed the school work aspect that much but I'm so glad I had so many sea days to take care of it on. Was so glad for him to go back to school!
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: