Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #46
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Do you know if there is any lead time before official post or are the cabins just suddenly available one day

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #47
Cruella 66
DIS Veteran

Location: Two stars to the right and straight on until morning

Just wondering if anyone knows when DCL typically releases their cruise itineraries? I am looking for summer 2014. Thank you!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #48
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella 66 View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows when DCL typically releases their cruise itineraries? I am looking for summer 2014. Thank you!
I've merged your thread with another thread on the same subject that I found a couple pages back.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #49
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

I'd like to know too.
I would have loved the Pacific Coast cruise if it were not during the school year. I even booked one hoping our schools would give 3 days off for Jewish holidays like they did last time it fell on a Wed but this time they get just the Wed off so we cancelled. With ds in HS, it's just too much time to miss. It's the same reason we didn't jump on HI or PC crossing either.

I'd love another NYC sailing but hope they spice up the itinerary. The train was uber convenient but I know dh & kids don't want to go to Nassau again (or even stay on the ship) They like a cruise where there's interest in visiting the ports.
We loved Alaska but probably couldn't do that again until '14.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #50
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Do you know if there is any lead time before official post or are the cabins just suddenly available one day
It varies. If there's a new fantastic itinerary announced (like Hawaii was last year) it was leaked here on the DIS before being officially announced. People knew when DCL would begin accepting bookings, beginning with platinum and gold then silver then the newbies. Other times, when DCL is doing the same ol' same ol' the new listings just appear. yawn.

Since the Dream and Fantasy are committed to Port Canaveral for a couple more years, I expect their 2014 dates will just appear. We keep hoping for something new and fun for the Wonder and the Magic, but....
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:46 AM   #51
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

If you use a TA ask them to let you know as soon as the itineraries are released - it's another chance of finding out ASAP
Old 09-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #52
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scillycruisers
If you use a TA ask them to let you know as soon as the itineraries are released - it's another chance of finding out ASAP
Our TA already knows what 2 cruises to move our dummy dates to in 2014 - whatever the Fantasy is doing Mar 8-15 (spring break - yes our tentative school calendar has been released) and whatever date has an Eastern in Aug 2014 (Aug 2 or Aug 9th). She has our choice for stateroom as well. I imagine the Dream/Fantasy 2014 dates will "appear" since they aren't new.

She also knows I will drop everything & re-work all plans if DCL decides to visit any southern ports on one of the classic ships!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #53
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
It varies. If there's a new fantastic itinerary announced (like Hawaii was last year) it was leaked here on the DIS before being officially announced. People knew when DCL would begin accepting bookings, beginning with platinum and gold then silver then the newbies. Other times, when DCL is doing the same ol' same ol' the new listings just appear. yawn.

Since the Dream and Fantasy are committed to Port Canaveral for a couple more years, I expect their 2014 dates will just appear. We keep hoping for something new and fun for the Wonder and the Magic, but....
When DCL opened bookings to Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members in advance, they opened them to Silver CC members at the same time as the general public.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #54
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

I sure do wish NYC is back in 2014 we couldnt do it this year...and are doing a Bahamaian in 2013 so NYC would be grand....
Old 09-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #55
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

When DCL opened bookings to Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members in advance, they opened them to Silver CC members at the same time as the general public.
Sad but true.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #56
deanimal
DIS Veteran

We're really hoping for a L.A. to Vancouver repositioning cruise for May 2014.

We're doing a 4 day Bahamas cruise in Feb 2013, and I had a quick question about booking. If the dates come out before then, would it be best to book on opening day, and then if the prices are the same when we cruise, book again on board and then just cancel the original booking? I've noticed that the repositioning cruises haven't sold very quickly in past years, so I think there's a good chance that booking on board will give us the best price even if its been a few months since release date.

Of course, that's assuming that a) DCL is going to Alaska in 2014 b)there will be a California coastal repositioning cruise c) The Magic/Wonder itineraries for 2014 will be out by Feb 2013. Fingers crossed!
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #57
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanimal View Post
We're really hoping for a L.A. to Vancouver repositioning cruise for May 2014.

We're doing a 4 day Bahamas cruise in Feb 2013, and I had a quick question about booking. If the dates come out before then, would it be best to book on opening day, and then if the prices are the same when we cruise, book again on board and then just cancel the original booking? I've noticed that the repositioning cruises haven't sold very quickly in past years, so I think there's a good chance that booking on board will give us the best price even if its been a few months since release date.

Of course, that's assuming that a) DCL is going to Alaska in 2014 b)there will be a California coastal repositioning cruise c) The Magic/Wonder itineraries for 2014 will be out by Feb 2013. Fingers crossed!
You could do this if it will give you peace of mind but you'll be paying double the deposit amount. If it's worth it to you go for it. I have booked on land then re-shop it onboard many times. Sometimes I get a much better deal, other times I know before sailing that the price has already gone up so much that it's not worth trying to rebook it. It really depends on the sailing. The cruise that went up so much in price was a 3 nt cruise on the Dream, last Sept. Who would have thought that a 3nt cruise, mid Sept, peak hurricane season would have such demand 8 mos prior but it did.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #58
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
When the spring 2012 Hawaii cruise was announced last year we (mere silvers) had to wait a couple of days for platinum and gold. I was afraid we weren't going to get on. They sold out shortly after we booked, which was the first day silvers and the general public could book.

Then DCL opened bookings for the fall 2012 Hawaii cruise to everyone, and suddenly there were lots of rooms available on both cruises.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #59
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

DCL page is down...well at least on my computer. Could it be they are loading itineraries now???
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip!, WBPC Cruise, May 2015, KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #60
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
DCL page is down...well at least on my computer. Could it be they are loading itineraries now???
It's up for me

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: