Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #571
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariellen102 View Post
Was it oct 18 the past two years? Or tues in oct?
It was the 18th last year and the 19th the year before, both on a Tuesday. I was just sure it was going to be on the 16th based on that.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #572
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4fun View Post
It was the 18th last year and the 19th the year before, both on a Tuesday. I was just sure it was going to be on the 16th based on that.
Just when we think we have Disney figured out.... They sure keep us on our toes!
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #573
mommyz
Mouseketeer

Disney hurry up already!!! I will be out of town last week of October and will have little access to phone/internet and want to get this done before I leave plus I have to coordinate with one other family.

btw how hard will it be to get two cat 10's that are connecting?

Disney cruise 3nt 9/03
Disney cruise 7nt 9/04 cancelled b/c hurricanes
RCL cruise 1/05
Disney cruise 7nt 3/05
Disneyland 5/05
Disney cruise 7nt 9/07
Disneyworld 11/09
Carnival cruise 7nt 4/2011
Disney cruise (Fantasy) 7nt 6/2012

mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #574
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

So what WAS the big announcement in NYC today?

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #575
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68
So what WAS the big announcement in NYC today?
It was about WDW and DL. They are doing a bunch of short promotions in 2013. Like special stuff for Valentines and July 4th. I am on my phone otherwise I would post the link to the Disney Parks Blog. It is kinda lame IMO.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #576
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
It was about WDW and DL. They are doing a bunch of short promotions in 2013. Like special stuff for Valentines and July 4th. I am on my phone otherwise I would post the link to the Disney Parks Blog. It is kinda lame IMO.
They took up Times Square for that?

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #577
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68

They took up Times Square for that?
There's a huge ice sculpture of the castle that coincided with the announcement they put in Times Square from what I read
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip! November 2014, Miami Western Caribbean October 2015 B2B Fantasy KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #578
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
but not to those who live on the west coast and have DL as their home park

I hadn't heard of this promo, we like to visit DL so i'm going to check it out but....

come on DCL, release the new schedule already.

Q for anybody: i'm not platinum (yet) how long of a head-start do those cruisers get to book before the rest of us?

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #579
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post

I hadn't heard of this promo, we like to visit DL so i'm going to check it out but....

Q for anybody: i'm not platinum (yet) how long of a head-start do those cruisers get to book before the rest of us?
There are promos for both DL and WDW.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #580
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow

A couple days (like two)
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #581
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...FY12Q2FBDM0393
It's DL and WDW according to the blog.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #582
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

It's a promotion that changes weekly. So 52 to differently focused themes. I think it's very creative.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #583
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post

I don't know how you can share your feelings on something you haven't heard of...
But here is the link to the Disney Blog
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/
Nothing that is going to get me to book a trip to WDW or DL. I'll keep my fall 2014 WDW/DCL plans.

Quote:
So, what can you expect with Limited Time Magic at Disney Parks when it begins in January? Heres an idea:

True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentines Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentines collectibles will be offered for the week.

Independence Week: Its red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party  for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.

Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the Original Boy Band and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disneys Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.

Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #584
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher

A couple days (like two)
Would they post here when it's up to book? My guess is tues since no one ha said they got it yet!
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #585
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariellen102 View Post
Would they post here when it's up to book? My guess is tues since no one ha said they got it yet!
You will find out when everyone else does. Gold and platinum are only told early when there are new itineraries. This time of year they only release fantasy and dream and no new changes are likely.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: