Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #511
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97

No. All 7-nighters. One week Grand Cayman, the next Jamaica. That's how he figured it with the GC calendar & the mystery ship on the Falmouth, Jamaica calendar.

Just speculation......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Speculation. True. We shall see.
One of these days!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #512
usrtyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Here's some detailed detective work:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2012...4-itineraries/

All speculation with regards to the port calendars of course!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So, if this is somewhat correct, it looks like there won't be a 8-night Bahamian Cruise out of Galveston on the Magic anymore in 2014? January - May? That was the one I was interested in booking.
usrtyz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #513
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I find it interesting he put the Wonder as straight 7 night sailings spring 2014. Given that it is absent from the Grand Cayman calendar every other week, I'd guess more of the 4night, 6 night and 8 night rotations like the Magic spring 2013.
I was selfishly hoping the Magic's schedule on the Grand Cayman port website hinted at a 6 night Western/8 night Bahama split from Galveston.

Our goal for 2014 is one night at WDW (my DDs want to see the 7 Dwarf Mine when it opens), followed by a cruise over Thanksgiving 2014. We could fly & do the Fantasy, but I was hoping for something other than the Western route, and it looks like that is what the Fantasy would be doing.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #514
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrtyz View Post
So, if this is somewhat correct, it looks like there won't be a 8-night Bahamian Cruise out of Galveston on the Magic anymore in 2014? January - May? That was the one I was interested in booking.
I don't think I would rule it out yet. I don't think they can do alternating 7 nights in the winter due to the Princess Cruise Ships in Galveston along with Carnival, and RCCL. I think there are port constraints unless they build the 3rd pier.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #515
usrtyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
I don't think I would rule it out yet. I don't think they can do alternating 7 nights in the winter due to the Princess Cruise Ships in Galveston along with Carnival, and RCCL. I think there are port constraints unless they build the 3rd pier.
I'm just not sure if I should book something on the Fantasy as the dates are going to open up soon? And the Magic dates probably won't until January. I'm just worried if I don't book something on the Fantasy thinking that I can get that 8-night in Galvaston that I'm going to end up paying a lot more. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing.
usrtyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #516
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrtyz View Post
I'm just not sure if I should book something on the Fantasy as the dates are going to open up soon? And the Magic dates probably won't until January. I'm just worried if I don't book something on the Fantasy thinking that I can get that 8-night in Galvaston that I'm going to end up paying a lot more. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing.
You can do what I'm planning to do which is book the Fantasy and then move it to the Galveston Cruise once the dates are announced if the schedule/price makes sense.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #517
chateau
DIS Veteran

Ok, for when these dates DO come out (for those of you that have been around ON OPENING DAY) what's the website like? I know they've been working on it, so it may not be the same, but does it tend to crash or give overload messages a lot, from everyone trying to book all at once?
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #518
nhgirl
Mouseketeer

Someone on Disboards got this email (below). I wonder if they will be making an announcement in Manhattan tomorrow.

Greetings Disney Vacation Club Members,

You're Invited!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Disney Parks will be in your neighborhood! Join your fellow Members and other Disney fans in Times Square, New York City for a nICE special event, which we invite you to enjoy!

A huge and magically chilling surprise will await you in the Times Square Pedestrian Plaza area on Broadway between 45th and 46th! You'll see Disney characters and experience some special delights the whole family can enjoy.

There is no need to R.S.V.P. Please just enjoy this special experience brought to you by Disney Parks.

We look forward to seeing you then.

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club
nhgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #519
silmarg
SIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgirl View Post
Someone on Disboards got this email (below). I wonder if they will be making an announcement in Manhattan tomorrow.

You're Invited!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Disney Parks will be in your neighborhood! Join your fellow Members and other Disney fans in Times Square, New York City for a nICE special event, which we invite you to enjoy!

A huge and magically chilling surprise will await you in the Times Square Pedestrian Plaza area on Broadway between 45th and 46th! You'll see Disney characters and experience some special delights the whole family can enjoy.

There is no need to R.S.V.P. Please just enjoy this special experience brought to you by Disney Parks.

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club
Yeah, I got that email as well (but I got it last week). Too bad I work downtown!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #520
nhgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming92701 View Post
Yes. Really like the older boats.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #521
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:

You're Invited!

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club
I believe this is connected to Disney's release of a movie - Tinkerbell maybe.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #522
nhgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
Yeah, I got that email as well (but I got it last week). Too bad I work downtown!
I would like to go but I would have to drive from NH.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #523
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You're Invited!

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club
The last time they did this they announced some new itineraries with one of them being the NYC port! Maybe that's what they plan to do? I can't figure out the "huge and magically chilly surprise" comment though I would LOVE for them to announce the itineraries a day ahead of opening up bookings. It would give everyone time to figure out what they really want!

I can't go, but I wonder if this will be podcast or anything?

Edited to add: Oh wait, I just realized this is a DVC announcement. I know NY has the highest DVC membership. So who knows

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #524
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
I believe this is connected to Disney's release of a movie - Tinkerbell maybe.
It could be the Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp, coming out this summer.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #525
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

If it was a movie release, what would that have to do with the vacation club?Maybe it is the release of more New York sailings.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: