Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #361
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbop View Post
So what would be considered a popular date??

We are hoping to cruise for the 1st time in June 2014. We are a family of 6, so we will need 2 staterooms, which freaks us out... $$$ LOL

We are lost as to what we want to book. We considered a 5 day but would really like to do the Dream or Fantasy (esp) since they are the newer ships, in case we don't cruise again.
Pretty much any time kids are out of school is popular and more expensive. I would go as early in June as you can.

We have done both short and long cruises. I would recommend the 7 night over the 3/4 night hands down. Good luck!
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #362
eoliver921
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow

Pretty much any time kids are out of school is popular and more expensive. I would go as early in June as you can.

We have done both short and long cruises. I would recommend the 7 night over the 3/4 night hands down. Good luck!
Agreed! Our first (and only) Disney cruise was a 3 night and it was awful when it was over so quickly! We're looking to do a 7 night for Thanksgiving 2014. Can't believe we're planning for over 2 years away!
eoliver921 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #363
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I'm debating between spring break, Thankgiving or Alaska. We'll see what opens up. I might end up grabbing spring break now and then possibly moving to Thanksgiving or Alaska if they don't open those up now.

Spring Break - Fantasy or Galveston (if offered but likely for 2014). I wish I knew what was coming.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #364
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoliver921 View Post
Agreed! Our first (and only) Disney cruise was a 3 night and it was awful when it was over so quickly! We're looking to do a 7 night for Thanksgiving 2014. Can't believe we're planning for over 2 years away!
I have found Thanksgiving 7 night pricing to be better than summer pricing, but you have to grab it QUICKLY. On opening day a year ago, I was too slow and piddled around. Before I knew it, the cruise price was substantially higher.

J
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #365
eoliver921
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I have found Thanksgiving 7 night pricing to be better than summer pricing, but you have to grab it QUICKLY. On opening day a year ago, I was too slow and piddled around. Before I knew it, the cruise price was substantially higher.

J
I have a DU agent with all my info, said there were just a few ahead of me w her. I had considered calling myself at the same time, but earlier posts everyone said that wasn't a good idea, so now I guess I'll just let her handle it (?)
eoliver921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #366
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbop
So what would be considered a popular date??

We are hoping to cruise for the 1st time in June 2014. We are a family of 6, so we will need 2 staterooms, which freaks us out... $$$ LOL

We are lost as to what we want to book. We considered a 5 day but would really like to do the Dream or Fantasy (esp) since they are the newer ships, in case we don't cruise again.
We did a 7 night on the Magic as our first cruise and it was great. I am glad we did not hold back from choosing one of the longer cruises.

Popular cruises are likely to be anytime when kids are out of school, in any part of the country. I am on a Feb 2013 Fantasy cruise on the week including President's Day, and this is week when some schools have a winter vacation. It took some time but right now the rates are significantly higher as compared to opening day rates, and to the other three sailings in February.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #367
jaurban
DIS Veteran

If everyone calls at the same time as their TAs, essentially making two reservations for every one reservation really needed, it drives up the pricing.

Disneyland 1976 & 1979;WDW offsite 1987 & 1989
BC & AKL Dec. 2006;SSR Oct. 2007;VWL August 2008;VWL October 2009;Poly & Wonder April 2010, VGC May 2010, BLT August 2010, Magic Nov. 2010, Wonder March 2011 MR, VWL & Dream June 2011, VGC April 2012, P.C.C. 3.0 June 2012, BLT, the Dream and VWL July 2013
jaurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #368
Questforthemouse
Mouseketeer

2014 Sailings?

Anyone know when DCL is opening up the 2014 sailings? Don't the usually open up in October?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #369
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Past years have been Oct 20 give or take a day, so my bet is on 10/22
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #370
Questforthemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahacca View Post
Past years have been Oct 20 give or take a day, so my bet is on 10/22
Thanks. I guess it is wait and see
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #371
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post

J
Yes, we cruised the Magic TG 2008. We booked it asap and it was only $400 more than our usual 1st week of Nov. same cat.
oops that was with onboard booking discount though. Still, only $3900 for family of 4 in a cat 9C. I didn't even book it first day of release.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #372
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I think I've decided not to use a TA; I might transfer later. I just hate waiting when I can see exactly what I want on the website, and I'm stuck just waiting for the confirmation email. Who knows if what I want will still be there by the time the TA gets to me. I've got no status, it will be my first DCL cruise.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #373
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I think I've decided not to use a TA; I might transfer later. I just hate waiting when I can see exactly what I want on the website, and I'm stuck just waiting for the confirmation email. Who knows if what I want will still be there by the time the TA gets to me. I've got no status, it will be my first DCL cruise.
Here's hoping the website doesn't have a nervous breakdown from the volume.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #374
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

J
My favorite year was the year the system crashed. So I was waiting on the phone and website. Call finally goes through only to have the DCL representative answer (finally) and say "I'm sorry our computer system is down, is there any question I can answer that doesn't involve making or modifying a reservation?" And then politely getting me cleared off. I did eventually get in at one point while the computers were up.
Watching prices raise during the platinum and gold days via the DIS is fun as well.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #375
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Last night I added the rest of my family to my dummy date. Hoping it will be faster and easier to switch dates once the new ones come out...

Looking at Xmas 2014...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: