Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #331
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan

If you have the reservation # and you haven't used a TA, you can go into the reservation and "modify" it.
Thanks. This is our fourth cruise but first ghost reservation. I just want ti be ready when the time comes ti change to 2014 dates.
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #332
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know from past experience, what time of day, new dates are released?
mom4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #333
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4fun View Post
Does anyone know from past experience, what time of day, new dates are released?
Right around 8am EST.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #334
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
If you have the reservation # and you haven't used a TA, you can go into the reservation and "modify" it.
Just know that people have reported issues when trying to do this. On Opening Day, when speed is of the essence for best price/room, calling may be better...or may not. Your choice.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #335
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
Just know that people have reported issues when trying to do this. On Opening Day, when speed is of the essence for best price/room, calling may be better...or may not. Your choice.
Pre-travel agent, I actually would do both -- I would call and while on hold I would start booking online. Whichever got it done faster, is the one I took. Just note that if they do open it with gold/platinum first, I think you can only do those by phone because nothing will be available on line yet since it is not open to the public.

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #336
IWannaBeAMousketeer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
I was one of those people who had trouble doing this last year. I had a dummy date that I tried to modify and I would get all the way to adding my additional deposit and the site froze up on me. The worst part was that when I called DCL to do the modification over the phone, they couldn't make any changes either because my reservation was still locked up. It took at least an hour and repeated calls before DCL could make any changes while I sat there and watched the prices for my Spring Break cruise climb. This year I am just calling...that is a sure thing.
Jun 2011 - Dream 5 Night Double the CC
Nov 2011 - Dream 3 Night Mamas Cruise
Mar 2012 - Magic 6 Night Spring Break Western
Dec 2012 - Dream 3 Night Mamas the Sequel
IWannaBeAMousketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #337
usrtyz
Mouseketeer

What Would You Do?

I am patientally awaiting for the 2014 dates to open up. I have contacted Dreams Unlimited a month or so ago letting them know what cruise I was interested in. Dan says he will get me some prices as soon as the dates open up.

I want to book as soon as 2014 opens up so I stand a chance in getting the best rate. My concern is that I'm sure DU is going to be swamped on opening day. Can I book directly myself with Disney and move that reservation to DU and still get a onboard ship credit? I want to make sure I get what I want and book right away. What would you do?

This would be our first cruise and cost is an issue if we will be able to do a Disney Cruise or not. I was looking at a June 2014 7 Night Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. And most recently I am interested in a 8 Night Bahamian Cruise out of Galveston. That seems to be on the top of my list. I'm guessing January 2014 would be the cheapest. And it's probably cheaper to fly to Texas instead of Florida from Wisconsin.

Thanks!
usrtyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #338
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrtyz View Post
I am patientally awaiting for the 2014 dates to open up. I have contacted Dreams Unlimited a month or so ago letting them know what cruise I was interested in. Dan says he will get me some prices as soon as the dates open up.

I want to book as soon as 2014 opens up so I stand a chance in getting the best rate. My concern is that I'm sure DU is going to be swamped on opening day. Can I book directly myself with Disney and move that reservation to DU and still get a onboard ship credit? I want to make sure I get what I want and book right away. What would you do? Yes, travel agents will be swamped, but so will DCL. I would rather have the travel agent fight my battles for me.

This would be our first cruise and cost is an issue if we will be able to do a Disney Cruise or not. I was looking at a June 2014 7 Night Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. And most recently I am interested in a 8 Night Bahamian Cruise out of Galveston. That seems to be on the top of my list. I'm guessing January 2014 would be the cheapest. And it's probably cheaper to fly to Texas instead of Florida from Wisconsin. Cruises from Galveston haven't been selling very well, so it's doubtful the prices will rise very quickly on those. Western caribbean in June would be more popular because school will be out, but again, it's not a new itinerary so prices shouldn't jump as quickly as a brand new itinerary.

Thanks!
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #339
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I want to book as soon as 2014 opens up so I stand a chance in getting the best rate. My concern is that I'm sure DU is going to be swamped on opening day. Can I book directly myself with Disney and move that reservation to DU and still get a onboard ship credit? I want to make sure I get what I want and book right away. What would you do?
My Dreams Unlimited agent Kelsie did an excellent job on opening day last October 18. They can handle it!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #340
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

When the TAs have a waiting list and all those people want to book at the same minute on the same day, if there are no new itineraries, how do they decide whose trip gets booked first?
Old 10-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #341
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
When the TAs have a waiting list and all those people want to book at the same minute on the same day, if there are no new itineraries, how do they decide whose trip gets booked first?
Our DU agent Kelsie sent out an email asking what we were hoping to book. She indicated that, on opening day, she would work on requests in the order in which she had received them. Naturally, that prompted a quick response from me!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #342
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

If people have a TA making a reservation for them and they call to make a reservation themselves, they are actuallly causing the prices to go up prematurely because of the double bookings. Once the price goes up to the next tier, DCL doesn't drop them back down if resies are cancelled because of the double booking.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #343
newbydisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This would be our first cruise and cost is an issue if we will be able to do a Disney Cruise or not. I was looking at a June 2014 7 Night Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. And most recently I am interested in a 8 Night Bahamian Cruise out of Galveston. That seems to be on the top of my list. I'm guessing January 2014 would be the cheapest. And it's probably cheaper to fly to Texas instead of Florida from Wisconsin.

Thanks!
I think September is actually the cheapest and early October seems good as well. We cruised several years in a row in January and many times it was too cold...this year we cruised in September...we loved it!

Last edited by newbydisney; 10-10-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: left out a critical word
newbydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #344
kstategrad
Disney Fanatic!

On a scale of 1-10 how likely are we thinking that a NEW itinerary for the Fantasy will be included? I've already done the Eastern and Western, and I've been to the Bahamas more times than I care to count (I know the Fantasy doesn't do Bahamas...)

I would love to see some Southern Caribbean ports and hopefully a cruise longer than 7 days, on the Fantasy, in 2014.

I know the Fantasy will sail out of PC though, so idk how likely it is to get something new in '14.

Hoping!
kstategrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #345
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
If people have a TA making a reservation for them and they call to make a reservation themselves, they are actuallly causing the prices to go up prematurely because of the double bookings. Once the price goes up to the next tier, DCL doesn't drop them back down if resies are cancelled because of the double booking.
Exactly! Either book yourself (online or via phone) OR have a travel agent book for you - but don't double book!

Although you can book yourself and then transfer the reservation to a travel agent - they get less commission that way, and you may get a reduced onboard credit.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: