Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #1741
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve
Ok - no comments on the 5n Bahamian Holiday cruise? I have a feeling they will do this with the Dream again. They pulled the 9n alaska link, but this one is still there - it links to the regular 5n.
I posted this on another thread as well.

If the Dream indeed switches up its departure dates from PC, the holidays would nicely fit on the 4-night rotation; Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years Day would all be sea days. Does that mean they wouldn't switch it up? No. There's ways hope.

The Magic could also be doing these out of Miami instead of two 10-day southern Caribbean holiday cruises as well.

It's always promising when you can find the links. We did some playing around with different cities in the address bar on the DCL site. We got some interesting reroutes & some "page not founds." When things reroute, it may be a clue!

I feel like this is a super advanced game of Midship Detective Agency!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #1742
FREEZIN
FREEZIN

Southern Caribbean would be a nice suprise.I'm onboard the Fantasy on the 16th.Decisions...Decisions...Book on the 12th and pay the extra deposit or take a chance and wait till the 16th when we're on board.
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #1743
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEZIN View Post
Southern Caribbean would be a nice suprise.I'm onboard the Fantasy on the 16th.Decisions...Decisions...Book on the 12th and pay the extra deposit or take a chance and wait till the 16th when we're on board.
You also get the OBC if you book on the 16th right? I'm in the same position as I need a 2 bedroom suite for the Alaska cruise. I would love the OBC and the 10% off, but not sure if I want to risk having the 2bdrm sold out.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #1744
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
You also get the OBC if you book on the 16th right? I'm in the same position as I need a 2 bedroom suite for the Alaska cruise. I would love the OBC and the 10% off, but not sure if I want to risk having the 2bdrm sold out.
I thought they didn't do the 10% off suites (altho I am not sure as I will never spend the $$$ on one, lol). Not sure about the OBC. Do you have a TA you can ask?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #1745
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD

I thought they didn't do the 10% off suites (altho I am not sure as I will never spend the $$$ on one, lol). Not sure about the OBC. Do you have a TA you can ask?
Nope. Discount on the fare or deposit with suites. You get to keep your OBB OBC though.

If you are traveling in the off season concierge can be doable. I couldn't do it during peak season though.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #1746
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I posted this on another thread as well.

If the Dream indeed switches up its departure dates from PC, the holidays would nicely fit on the 4-night rotation; Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years Day would all be sea days. Does that mean they wouldn't switch it up? No. There's ways hope.

The Magic could also be doing these out of Miami instead of two 10-day southern Caribbean holiday cruises as well.

It's always promising when you can find the links. We did some playing around with different cities in the address bar on the DCL site. We got some interesting reroutes & some "page not founds." When things reroute, it may be a clue!

I feel like this is a super advanced game of Midship Detective Agency!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanksgiving is straight forward as it's always a Thursday, therefore the Dream can easily switch to the 3n and 4n so it departs on Wednesday instead. But xmas/ny vary. There are no changes for 2013 (4-3-4-3), however, 2014 the days fall on a Thursday, therefore they would have to switch to the 3n and 4n schedule again.

But since that link is still there and in 2012 they switched the Dream to a 5n, this could happen.

Personally, and financially, I just hope it doesn't happen - I can do a 4n, but a 5n would stretch it - family is determined on spending xmas '14 on the Dream. Originally they wanted the Fantasy, and was able to talk them out.

We spend a few xmas at WDW in the parks so do know the 'packed routine' and don't mind it, but a cruise would be nicer...

Now, I just hope the OBB desk does indeed let me book on 2/12 even though I'm only Silver
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #1747
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Nope. Discount on the fare or deposit with suites. You get to keep your OBB OBC though.

If you are traveling in the off season concierge can be doable. I couldn't do it during peak season though.
That's what I thought. Oh well.

Oh yeah I have no doubt we *could* do it in some circumstances but, at this point in my life, I do not value it compared to the cost
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #1748
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post

I'm pretty sure July 4th Alaska cruise is peak. So just OBC and that may have a better offer with a TA.

OK..I need to book as soon as possible. I will price out connecting verandahs to see, but I have a feeling the 2 bedroom is less expensive.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #1749
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
We have our calendar for next school year out as well and they gave us the same calendar. It was mid week before Christmas and mid week after new year, this year. Next year, it is the full two weeks.

I tend to start checking in Oct for the next calendar. This year it was up earlier than usual. The funny thing is, I am really good about keeping up to date with the calendar, and in the end, I always end up pulling my kids out of school anyway.
I wish our school calendars came out that far in advance. We won't have next year's calendar until late April/early May (if we are lucky)
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #1750
dkfogt
Mouseketeer

Our schools will go back Jan 7, 2014 and I'm thinking a cruise that week would be really fun!
dkfogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #1751
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfogt View Post
Our schools will go back Jan 7, 2014 and I'm thinking a cruise that week would be really fun!
That's going to be our schedule too I'm sure. I have booked out of Galveston for the 27th and 31st as back to back 4 nights to start our 2014 with DCL
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
Old 02-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #1752
dkfogt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
That's going to be our schedule too I'm sure. I have booked out of Galveston for the 27th and 31st as back to back 4 nights to start our 2014 with DCL
Our first ever Disney cruise is coming up over Spring Break and already I'm obsessing over which one we will go on next! I am super disappointed to see them leave Galveston. I was hoping to do the 8 night next time because we miss out on Castaway Cay... now I have to factor airfare into the cost for DCL again

Last edited by dkfogt; 02-07-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: icky spelling
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #1753
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfogt View Post
Our first ever Disney cruise is coming up over Spring Break and already I'm obsessing over which one we will go on next! I am super disappointed to see them leave Galveston. I was hoping to do the 8 night next time because we miss out on Castaway Cay... now I have to factor airfare into the cost for DCL again
I wish they'd stay close too, but I understand why they aren't. They are pretty much here during school season, and Texas has pretty strict attendance laws. We would have taken multiple ones since they've been here, and I'd love the longer Bahamas one, but they are all during the school year.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #1754
dkfogt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I wish they'd stay close too, but I understand why they aren't. They are pretty much here during school season, and Texas has pretty strict attendance laws. We would have taken multiple ones since they've been here, and I'd love the longer Bahamas one, but they are all during the school year.
Yes! We would have jumped back on board again in June. My older girls just can't miss that much school. I took them out for 2-1/2 days during our WDW vacation last fall and it was painful.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #1755
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish our school calendars came out that far in advance. We won't have next year's calendar until late April/early May (if we are lucky)
I know I am very fortunate that they come out as early as they do. I did notice this year for President's Day, we had a 4 day weekend, they took that away next year. They also took away Good Friday, which is odd to me, but so be it. Easter falls April 20th 2014 and our school ear end May 21st or something like that. Too late in the 4th quarter I guess

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: