Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #1696
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
This is not directed toward you, exactly, but I kinda think this is why DCL is waiting to release these....they have too many Med cruises, Transatlantic, Panama Canal, this year's Alaska cruises where the PIF dates are/were in January...

Had they released the 2014 itineraries earlier...they probably would have seen more cancellations than is usual (whatever "usual" is)...
The issue with this and the release date doesn't make sense though. The final payment for the 12nt European sailings for June 15, 2013 isn't due until February 15, 2013 which if the release date is Feb 12 to book for Plat/ Gold and Feb 13 for everyone else people can still cancel or change to 2014
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #1697
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I'm assuming you can't mention or link to the blog on the DIS. Can anyone give me a hint what to google do I can find it. I'm a newbie cruiser and want to know too!!
I don't know that it can't be linked. I will post the site's complete URL and see if it comes up. If it has been blocked it will show as ***s.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #1698
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Okay, I did hit the one being talked about, and it does appear that there is speculation for a WBTA. Since this one wouldn't involve being right after a drydock, maybe it will really happen?! Hope so. However, other than hoping, I won't get exited until it's something I could actually book.

What excites me is that there may be some new itineraries, and change ups to the same-old-same-old.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #1699
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

Scott's suggested EBTA itinerary has the Magic stopping only at Castaway Cay and Madeira - no Gibraltar. There's no reason why the ship can't stop in Gibraltar on May 29 and still finish in Barcelona on May 31, as that's what the Magic is doing on its 2013 TA cruise.

**Looking at his predictions for the Wonder, I don't see DCL doing a 2-night cruise to nowhere from Miami. Instead, I would guess a 14-nght Panama Canal cruise, a 7-night coastal repo, the 9-night Alaska cruise ending in Vancouver on a Sunday, and 7-night Alaska cruises sailing on Sundays. If DCL intends to sail from Vancouver on Mondays, I think they would extend either the PC cruise or the coastal repo by one day - rather than do a 2-night cruise from Miami.

***One more thought about the 9-night Alaska itinerary - after looking at a map and other itineraries of ships that stop there (such as HAL Oosterdam: http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-c...ineraryDetails): you don't need a sea day between Sitka and another Alaskan port. I think it's more likely there will be 2 sea days at the beginning of the cruise, followed by 5 consecutive days in port (including Tracy Arm). OR...maybe DCL plans to spend a whole day in Victoria on the 9-night cruise - with just one sea day at the beginning. That's what I first thought when I saw the list of ports with Sitka on it.
It wasn't on the Gibralter port calendar, so that's why it's left off his predictions.

Good thoughts, Nancy. I think that his thinking with the 2-cruise to no where was port space on the others plus past history - ill have to ask him later; I'm at work today.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #1700
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Hm nothing there very exciting to me.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #1701
dllocals
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
I just want to hear they are doing longer cruises. A week is too short!
Longer cruises that take us some where new! Something, anything.
dllocals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #1702
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Do you think the California Coast cruise will be offered 2014?
sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #1703
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
Do you think the California Coast cruise will be offered 2014?
I hope, I hope.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #1704
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

More thoughts on the 9-night Alaska cruise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
It wasn't on the Gibralter port calendar, so that's why it's left off his predictions.

Good thoughts, Nancy. I think that his thinking with the 2-cruise to no where was port space on the others plus past history - ill have to ask him later; I'm at work today.

I edited my original post once more as you were posting!

Here is another thought on the 9-night itinerary - based on my 14-night HAL Alaska cruise in 2011. After our day in Sitka, we had a sea day, then arrived in Victoria at noon and stayed until 11:00 p.m. The cruise ended the next morning. I think it would be very easy for DCL to fit Victoria into the 9-night cruise, and it would make it even more attractive:

Day 1 - Vancouver
Day 2 - sea day
Day 3 - Ketchikan
Day 4 - Tracy Arm
Day 5 - Juneau
Day 6 - Skagway
Day 7 - Sitka
Day 8 - sea day
Day 9 - Victoria
Day 10 - Vancouver

Whatever the order of Alaskan ports - with a full sea day on day 8, the ship can spend almost a full day in Victoria on Day 9.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #1705
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I edited my original post once more as you were posting!

Here is another thought on the 9-night itinerary - based on my 14-night HAL Alaska cruise in 2011. After our day in Sitka, we had a sea day, then arrived in Victoria at noon and stayed until 11:00 p.m. The cruise ended the next morning. I think it would be very easy for DCL to fit Victoria into the 9-night cruise, and it would make it even more attractive:

Day 1 - Vancouver
Day 2 - sea day
Day 3 - Ketchikan
Day 4 - Tracy Arm
Day 5 - Juneau
Day 6 - Skagway
Day 7 - Sitka
Day 8 - sea day
Day 9 - Victoria
Day 10 - Vancouver

Whatever the order of Alaskan ports - with a full sea day on day 8, the ship can spend almost a full day in Victoria on Day 9.
If they are going to Victoria, does that mean they will be sailing out of Seattle next year....? We had to bump Alaska off the itinerary this year, but I think we'd hold out hope for inside passage in 2015...
Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #1706
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
If they are going to Victoria, does that mean they will be sailing out of Seattle next year....? We had to bump Alaska off the itinerary this year, but I think we'd hold out hope for inside passage in 2015...
I think they will sail from Vancouver. With 2 additional days - they have time for an extra port, and could spend a long day in Victoria. However, they might sail to the west of Vancouver Island on the return as they go to Victoria and then Vancouver.

In 2012, DCL HAD to make a foreign port stop (Victoria) since the cruise was roundtrip from a US port (Seattle).
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #1707
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD
Hm nothing there very exciting to me.
If they offer a southern Caribbean on a classic ship, I'll take it (depending on price of course). Would be the best New Years ever for us!!!

Alaska & Europe aren't in the cards for us yet.....

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #1708
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If they offer a southern Caribbean on a classic ship, I'll take it (depending on price of course). Would be the best New Years ever for us!!!

Alaska & Europe aren't in the cards for us yet.....

I hear ya... 10 nights is hard for us... and NY pricing would be insane. I looked up the past Southern Itinerary and I'd be happier if they cut St Thomas (and CC?) to make it a 7-8 day. Also... if it leaves on NYE it will run past school vacations, right? Might be a tough sell...
Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #1709
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD

I hear ya... 10 nights is hard for us... and NY pricing would be insane. I looked up the past Southern Itinerary and I'd be happier if they cut St Thomas (and CC?) to make it a 7-8 day. Also... if it leaves on NYE it will run past school vacations, right? Might be a tough sell...
Perfect here though! Kids in our school get out right before Christmas and go back mid Jan. if love a 10 night NYE cruise!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #1710
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
There's a 9 night to Alaska showing on the DCL site map.

More info coming soon!

Quote:
With the 9-night Sitka on the DCL site map, Alaska is most likely a go in 2014

OK, so is it just me? I don't see any 9-night Alaska cruise or a port in Sitka on the DCL site map.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: