Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #1666
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep

Say what's this now about no westerns?
On the Fantasy. St. Maarten port calendar lists the Fantasy there every week.

Grand Cayman port lists the Wonder every week, so Westerns would be there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #1667
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Again, there was a source on some of the new stuff (I don't consider all Easterns on the Fantasy exciting or "new"), but we need to use the public stuff to back it up so they don't get in trouble..... And who knows, it could all be wrong.
It is honorable that you are searching for backup for the information your source gave you to ensure that they do not get in trouble. Without that backup, the blame would surely lead quickly to only a few people. I think we all have seen what happens when DCL execs find out there has been a leak -- most recently with the Parrot Cay, Spa and Topsider's renovation renderings. Much more considerate than someone who simply repeats anything and everything they think they hear, passing it off as their own information, with no regard of who might be penalized by that information being published. Some people just want all the attention that goes with being "the first" to get the information out there. If they do that, they need to be willing to accept the criticism when it doesn't all pan out.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #1668
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Well if someone is leaking info from inside then they should be prepared to be punished. Dumb way to lose your job imo.
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #1669
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves

It is honorable that you are searching for backup for the information your source gave you to ensure that they do not get in trouble. Without that backup, the blame would surely lead quickly to only a few people. I think we all have seen what happens when DCL execs find out there has been a leak -- most recently with the Parrot Cay, Spa and Topsider's renovation renderings. Much more considerate than someone who simply repeats anything and everything they think they hear, passing it off as their own information, with no regard of who might be penalized by that information being published. Some people just want all the attention that goes with being "the first" to get the information out there. If they do that, they need to be willing to accept the criticism when it doesn't all pan out.
And THAT is precisely why it's still under wraps. Scott said if he doesn't get it posted before its officially released, so be it.

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #1670
mevans0000
Earning My Ears

Any speculation or word about Summer 2014 Alaska or Europe?
mevans0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #1671
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans0000
Any speculation or word about Summer 2014 Alaska or Europe?
With the 9-night Sitka on the DCL site map, Alaska is most likely a go in 2014

Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #1672
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD
But it'll be out in a few days right? Doesn't seem worth the work... But knowing him he probably liked it lol. I do NOT find port schedules entertaining lol
Oh he's an analyzing MACHINE. Past schedules, all kinds of stuff. You are right, he likes it. Today I got involved, too. Sucked me in like a vortex LOL

Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #1673
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97

Oh he's an analyzing MACHINE. Past schedules, all kinds of stuff. You are right, he likes it. Today I got involved, too. Sucked me in like a vortex LOL

Lol that's what I do all day at work so no way, Jose am I doing it in my precious free time
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #1674
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
No, we haven't all seen what happens. I did see the pics that were posted. Did someone lose their job for that?

I would never risk losing my job over something so stupid. I work in a hosp that has made flu shots mandatory. A coworker forged a note from her dr that she had one at their office. It was investigated and discovered she hadn't been seen there in 3 yrs. So a single mom making almost 6 figures loses her job 2 weeks before Christmas. I felt so bad but people will do risky things sometimes. I don't get it.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #1675
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2
No, we haven't all seen what happens. I did see the pics that were posted. Did someone lose their job for that?

I would never risk losing my job over something so stupid. I work in a hosp that has made flu shots mandatory. A coworker forged a note from her dr that she had one at their office. It was investigated and discovered she hadn't been seen there in 3 yrs. So a single mom making almost 6 figures loses her job 2 weeks before Christmas. I felt so bad but people will do risky things sometimes. I don't get it.
Yup I've seen ppl fired for bragging about seeing celebrities files. One even accessed one and discussed it on the radio. Sheesh!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #1676
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I was referring to the fact that within hours of the link being discovered and posted on the DIS boards, every single confidential link that was available previously had been taken down. DCL monitors this board, and likely others on the internet. Someone probaby got in a lot of trouble -- whether it included losing their job or not. The information was obviously not intended by Disney to be available online without restricted access.

BTW, that thread has the link to a blog that has screenshots of the renovations so you can check them out there.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #1677
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves

I was referring to the fact that within hours of the link being discovered and posted on the DIS boards, every single confidential link that was available previously had been taken down. DCL monitors this board, and likely others on the internet. Someone probaby got in a lot of trouble -- whether it included losing their job or not. The information was obviously not intended by Disney to be available online without restricted access.

BTW, that thread has the link to a blog that has screenshots of the renovations so you can check them out there.
I saw the pictures on the dry dock manufacturers website only - so perhaps it was someone on their side that got into trouble? Not someone from DCL?
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #1678
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
With the 9-night Sitka on the DCL site map, Alaska is most likely a go in 2014

Fingers crossed, as I may have to move my May '13 REPO to 2014.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #1679
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Fingers crossed, as I may have to move my May '13 REPO to 2014.
This is not directed toward you, exactly, but I kinda think this is why DCL is waiting to release these....they have too many Med cruises, Transatlantic, Panama Canal, this year's Alaska cruises where the PIF dates are/were in January...

Had they released the 2014 itineraries earlier...they probably would have seen more cancellations than is usual (whatever "usual" is)...
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #1680
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
This is not directed toward you, exactly, but I kinda think this is why DCL is waiting to release these....they have too many Med cruises, Transatlantic, Panama Canal, this year's Alaska cruises where the PIF dates are/were in January...

Had they released the 2014 itineraries earlier...they probably would have seen more cancellations than is usual (whatever "usual" is)...
I'm still holding onto the thread of hope that I will not have to cancel. I booked on opening day, January 2012, but because of finances, looks like my well planned out cruise will have to wait another year. When I booked, my paperwork said that PIF date was in January '13, but when I called to verify, I was told that the actual date was in March '13.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: