Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #1561
Team Renshaw
Earning My Ears

DCL Wonder Dry dock

We were just on the Wonder for Repositioning Panama Canal 12/9 , Heard some buzz of Dry dock in 2014. Major overhaul , we had a concierge room that was pretty banged up and our room steward was saying they were looking for the same wood grain to match the existing wood in those rooms but that manufacturer might not be in business after 10 plus years when the Wonder was originally built. Could mean a longer dry dock Looks like there scrambling with only three ships at the ready during that time.
Team Renshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #1562
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Another cruiser hoping for the NYC port!! We had two booked this past summer (B2Bs) but needed to cancel because we had just closed on a home. DH kept trying to insist that DD and I go but I couldn't justify leaving him home to tend to the animals (we moved to a farm). 2014 gives me time to get farm sitters in place.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #1563
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran

I also heard that when the smaller ships go into dry dock they will be adding the interactive art. This came from an activities cast member on the Dream.

Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #1564
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Still hoping (more like praying) that a ship is on the West Coast, at least part time. I'm booked on the May '13 repo out of LA but may have to cancel. Breaks my heart because I don't know when I'll have the chance to do a DCL cruise to/from LA again.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #1565
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
I couldn't remember. We met someone doing the Baltics, repo, then Med. I wanted to be that family
I did the Med, repo and then the Baltics. It was fantastic. If you get the chance, go for it.
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #1566
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Still hoping (more like praying) that a ship is on the West Coast, at least part time. I'm booked on the May '13 repo out of LA but may have to cancel. Breaks my heart because I don't know when I'll have the chance to do a DCL cruise to/from LA again.
Unless the situation in mexico improves DCl is likely only to be cruising to Alaska if they come to the west coast.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #1567
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Unless the situation in mexico improves DCl is likely only to be cruising to Alaska if they come to the west coast.
We can hope for Hawaii again!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #1568
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
We can hope for Hawaii again!
the only problem with that is it's a long cruise 14 days i think they may not be able to schedule one well they are there.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #1569
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan

They are still sailing to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Not sure what the difference is...

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
mom2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #1570
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aredhead View Post
They are still sailing to Cozumel and Costa Maya. Not sure what the difference is...
Very different! East coast Mexico, the Yucatan Peninsula, is what west coast Mexico was like 20-25 years ago!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #1571
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse

Very different! East coast Mexico, the Yucatan Peninsula, is what west coast Mexico was like 20-25 years ago!
Meaning?

Cabo was beautiful, clean and safe. I wish Disney would do a Catalina, SD, Cabio cruise. There'd be probably 2-3 sea days in there too. That would be a fun trip.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #1572
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Meaning?

Cabo was beautiful, clean and safe. I wish Disney would do a Catalina, SD, Cabio cruise. There'd be probably 2-3 sea days in there too. That would be a fun trip.
Totally agree, although I could live without Catalina. If they do that AND some marketing, along with promoting a cruise and play package with DLR, it should boost west coast sales. Families in the west want to cruise too, but the cost and time of flying is prohibiting. Again, what kind of marketing team do they have working on this stuff?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #1573
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Living here in Cali, I would rather fly 5+ hours to Florida and do a Carribean cruise than go to the MR. The problem with the MR is that it only has 2 ports. Where as the there are many more ports in the Carribean thus making it more appealing.

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #1574
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

I live here in California too. I think it depends on what a person is looking for. I personally don't have the cash for frequent air travel so the closer the better. Also, my favorite thing about a Disney cruise is being on the ship. The ports in Mexico and in the Caribbean (except for Castaway Cay) aren't that interesting to me. I'd just go to the beach but I can do that anywhere. So I'd love a local cruise. I would, however, pay to fly to take a Canada cruise, Alaska, the Mediterranean, etc. I'd love some interesting and different ports. That would be worth flying for.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #1575
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aredhead View Post
You're joking, right?

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: