Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #16
queendisney
DIS Veteran

glad you enjoyed it. We are planning on going again in December because I know that we missed some of it. I also need to do it without the camera stuck to my face.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #17
dfriia
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a photo on the broomstick that they can post? Going soon and very curious. Thanks, Debbie
dfriia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #18
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

I found out about this by accident today, and I'm thrilled. My daughter pretty much grew up with Harry Potter and is a tremendous fan. I've already posted the link on her Facebook page for her to look at. This looks like a wonderful trip. We've discussed several times about how much we would love to visit England, and this may be enough to get us there!

I'm torn between going in the summer and in waiting until Christmas (would love to see London during Christmas!). Would anybody care to weigh in on those choices? TIA!
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #19
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
I found out about this by accident today, and I'm thrilled. My daughter pretty much grew up with Harry Potter and is a tremendous fan. I've already posted the link on her Facebook page for her to look at. This looks like a wonderful trip. We've discussed several times about how much we would love to visit England, and this may be enough to get us there!

I'm torn between going in the summer and in waiting until Christmas (would love to see London during Christmas!). Would anybody care to weigh in on those choices? TIA!
It is a fabulous...We visited the 2nd time the Saturday before Christmas and it was just as good..it was all done out for Christmas so the great hall looked festive and they put snow down in some places.

Personally I would come to the UK in the Summer (we sometimes do get one!!) as London in the wet and cold isn't fun!'s (it looks nothing like those Dicken's pictures) Thats my only reason though. They do timed tickets for HP tour but we got in an hour before at Christmas. We arrived early because we thought we'd do the shop first then do the tour but while we were in the shop they put a call out to say that anybody could go in. Spent another 3 hours in there and again could have stayed a lot longer. Well worth a visit as is London.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfriia View Post
Does anyone have a photo on the broomstick that they can post? Going soon and very curious. Thanks, Debbie

This is my friends little boy on his broomstick....

Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #21
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
It is a fabulous...We visited the 2nd time the Saturday before Christmas and it was just as good..it was all done out for Christmas so the great hall looked festive and they put snow down in some places.

Personally I would come to the UK in the Summer (we sometimes do get one!!) as London in the wet and cold isn't fun!'s (it looks nothing like those Dicken's pictures) Thats my only reason though. They do timed tickets for HP tour but we got in an hour before at Christmas. We arrived early because we thought we'd do the shop first then do the tour but while we were in the shop they put a call out to say that anybody could go in. Spent another 3 hours in there and again could have stayed a lot longer. Well worth a visit as is London.
I was looking at places to stay in London (we usually rent something on VRBO.com when we travel since we like to have more room that a hotel room provides). It looks like a lot of the tourist type attractions would make the Kensington & Chelsea area a good place to stay. On the other hand, there are so many things we would like to see outside of London as well. It looks like I have a lot to research!

Thank you!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
This is my friends little boy on his broomstick....

My daughter is a 25 year old pharmacist, but I think she would be thrilled to have this picture! She bought a wand and scarf when we were at Islands of Adventure to see the HP attractions.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #23
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

My 23 year old daughter walked round IoA in her Gryffindor tie in 98 degree heat! Our Christmas present was a visit to Levesden in August, as we are in London anyway for a concert. Can't wait.

Pam
pampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #24
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat View Post
My 23 year old daughter walked round IoA in her Gryffindor tie in 98 degree heat! Our Christmas present was a visit to Levesden in August, as we are in London anyway for a concert. Can't wait.

Pam
We were there a couple of Christmases ago when it was unseasonably cold - which really fit right in with the "snow" on the rooftops. My daughter's scarf actually came in pretty handy during the cold weather (of course, we had to be there for the early opening!).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: