Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #61
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Good choice on Via Napoli! We have eaten there a lot of times - pizzas are very yummy with a nice thin crust.
Try the Zeppole for dessert!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #62
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

We love doing WCC on our check-in day because it makes you feel like you're really 'there' and totally immerses you in the ambience. But, we usually are doing a split and coming from another resort so we can get there early for breakfast and then head to the MK.

Speaking of MK, CHH is always our first lunch at the MK (when we're coming from Boca Raton). Love the Anchors Aweigh and the music! I love walking into CHH and hearing the music and I love the dark, wood everywhere. I'm not crazy about their ordering system though with two lines on either side of one CM and then you have to wait for your food which at times can get rather chaotic. After we get our meals, we head upstairs to the table next to the window that overlooks IASW. Can't wait to be there on the 18th!

Can't wait to hear your take on Via Napoli!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #63
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I like both of your ADRs. I've heard so many good things about Via Napoli by many people on the boards. And WCC sounds like it will be right up your DH's alley!
Thanks Amanda...I texted DH from work last night, he's like Wow, you have too much time on your hands But he approves of both ADRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Count me in as a Via Napoli lover! Yummy! But you mustn't forget the Sangria too!!
OH SANGRIA It's unchangable now........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Good choice on Via Napoli! We have eaten there a lot of times - pizzas are very yummy with a nice thin crust.
Try the Zeppole for dessert!
Thanks Karin, DH and I went by last November, but the wait was so we just went snacked on. He liked the menu, which isn't very often for him ZEPPOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND SANGRIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We love doing WCC on our check-in day because it makes you feel like you're really 'there' and totally immerses you in the ambience. But, we usually are doing a split and coming from another resort so we can get there early for breakfast and then head to the MK.

Speaking of MK, CHH is always our first lunch at the MK (when we're coming from Boca Raton). Love the Anchors Aweigh and the music! I love walking into CHH and hearing the music and I love the dark, wood everywhere. I'm not crazy about their ordering system though with two lines on either side of one CM and then you have to wait for your food which at times can get rather chaotic. After we get our meals, we head upstairs to the table next to the window that overlooks IASW. Can't wait to be there on the 18th!

Can't wait to hear your take on Via Napoli!
I LOVE your reviews, I can imagine being there, and I've never been there I wasn't sure whether to book breakfasts or not. So I figure TS lunch and we can do CS dinner...maybe a breakfast on Day 1 ......
Old 08-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #64
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

WCC's lunch skillet is slightly different from the dinner skillet: No brisket or mashed potatoes but, there are roasted potatoes and it does cost less
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #65
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WCC's lunch skillet is slightly different from the dinner skillet: No brisket or mashed potatoes but, there are roasted potatoes and it does cost less
Do you think a late Breakfast might be yummier
Old 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #66
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Do you think a late Breakfast might be yummier
We prefer a late breakfast when we aren't eating CL. The breakfast there is one of my family's favorite. They just love biscuits and gravy on vacation. (The Greenbrier's is the best though).

I know you aren't there long so maybe on a longer trip you should do it with the kids - it's a hoot!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #67
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We prefer a late breakfast when we aren't eating CL. The breakfast there is one of my family's favorite. They just love biscuits and gravy on vacation. (The Greenbrier's is the best though).

I know you aren't there long so maybe on a longer trip you should do it with the kids - it's a hoot!
Hmmmmmmmm, maybe that's better with the kiddos for dinner....
Old 08-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #68
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Back and peeking in!

Food talk, my favourite! Can't wait to hear your report on Via Napoli. We always do a baguette from France. The bread does good at soaking up the Grey Goose Slushies and the Snakebites from the UK Pavilion. Pizza would work well in this situation too, methinks.

We did like CHH when we tried it before. Can't remember for the life of me what we ordered though. Also, we usually do a roasted chicken from Cosmic Rays since we share.

Quote:
How can you have sigs turned off? How do you keep up with your ticker and more importantly, how do you keep up with ours?!
I've Ad-blocked them in my browser since my Texas Instruments Scientific Calculator (posing as a netbook) runs the Dis Boards so pathetically slow with them on. I need to add more hamster wheels to this thing.

I rely on JC's lovely list and the RC thread to keep on top of what's going on. I'd be more lost than usual otherwise.

Quote:
I want to try Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbor House....Epcot, I remember seeing a pizza window, was that at Via Napoli's???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you found me!!!!! I remember that mornin so well! Breakfast for 2 at O'hana...table with a MK view right at the window..... dreamin of our GRAND check in after a magical night at the Poly......and Lilo hit on my DH
Lilo hit on your hubs?! That cheeky lil' bugger!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #69
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I haven't read more than your intro.... but HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT YOUR PTR??? You know I require a text about these things!! I was just checking the WL thread earlier and contemplating our anniversary night there instead of YC.... but I have time to RC that--I'm not even booked yet.

Well I'm going to catch up.... I guess I'll see by page 5 if you're still at WL. I hope so because I want a review!!!

I miss you bunches. I can't wait till we move and everything calms down. I hope I see you in September!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #70
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Yay for Via Napoli! One of the new restaurants we will be eating at for our trip...cannot wait to hear what you think about it

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 08-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #71
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

And YAY for one more week!!! (just noticed your ticker!)

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 08-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #72
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
:Love you And I just booked lunch at Via Napoli's for our Saturday Epcot day
I'm trying to see if I can add a lunch at Via Napolis myself ... pizza and sangria??? How can I not??

Quote:
Instead of drinking around WS I'll add desserts to the mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well ... you could do both!

Quote:
SO my ADRs for Via Napoli & WCC are a hit! I cancelled O'hana's (which will make a party of 2 happy) saving Friday night for some Dani time. Maybe we can do Pecos Bills & CHH.............................
Perfect!! And you know someone was last night to get that Ohana ressie!! And I like you having more Dani time!

You can add in Cosmic Rays and get their chicken/rib combo ... delicious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Count me in as a Via Napoli lover! Yummy! But you mustn't forget the Sangria too!!
Jenny ... my adult niece will LOVE this!! I'm checking Via Napoli today!

Quote:
Kook, wish i could fit WCC into our August timetable, just not happening, but I will remember this for next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I haven't read more than your intro.... but HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT YOUR PTR??? You know I require a text about these things!! I was just checking the WL thread earlier and contemplating our anniversary night there instead of YC.... but I have time to RC that--I'm not even booked yet.

I miss you bunches. I can't wait till we move and everything calms down. I hope I see you in September!
Luv ... if it makes you feel any better, I didn't get a text either ... someone forgot us... but hey it's okay, we still love her!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #73
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

This is why I love you, Janet!

Desserts and drinks, desserts and drinks, go Pas go, go Pas go!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #74
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Food talk, my favourite! Can't wait to hear your report on Via Napoli. We always do a baguette from France. The bread does good at soaking up the Grey Goose Slushies and the Snakebites from the UK Pavilion. Pizza would work well in this situation too, methinks.

We did like CHH when we tried it before. Can't remember for the life of me what we ordered though. Also, we usually do a roasted chicken from Cosmic Rays since we share.

Lilo hit on your hubs?! That cheeky lil' bugger!
Marie was pretty friendly as well (from Aristocats)...but he's all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH asked me to cancel WCC he said he wants breakfast instead...so now I have WCC breakfast booked at 10:50am!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for WS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post

Well I'm going to catch up.... I guess I'll see by page 5 if you're still at WL. I hope so because I want a review!!!

Miss you Deena! I am so sorry, I didn't want to bug you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
Yay for Via Napoli! One of the new restaurants we will be eating at for our trip...cannot wait to hear what you think about it
Pizza & Sangria, pizza & sangria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
And YAY for one more week!!! (just noticed your ticker!)
Thanks!!!! So jazzed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I'm trying to see if I can add a lunch at Via Napolis myself ... pizza and sangria??? How can I not??

Perfect!! And you know someone was last night to get that Ohana ressie!! And I like you having more Dani time!

You can add in Cosmic Rays and get their chicken/rib combo ... delicious!!
Pizza, sangria, dessert, slushie, more pizza on the BW

Did you book Via Napoli!!!!!

missoutandabout I love Janet too!!! She's awesome!!!! Maybe I should tell kook to warn the WL I may be all drunk & sugared up when I get back Saturday
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #75
pas130
DIS Veteran

I almost changed my resort tonight

I am a hot mess

So DH and I were texting back and forth...discussing ADRs...he want breakfast buffets, which kinda affects uh, all my plans

Long story short (too late) I booked Crystal Palace for Friday at 1030am, and ahem, 1900 Park Fare for Saturday 1030am....

Now's where it gets fuzzy...

It's been YEARS since we did 1900PF, so I needed to research to be sure they had DHs Mickey Waffles, oooh and I spotted French toast.

Then I thought, hmmmm, maybe we can do GF Cafe instead, then I started looking at RPC pictures....dialed 407-934-................

and hung up. NO! No changing back to GF, NO!

A split stay perhaps...............................

NO!

Poly Honeymoon room, just for one night......hmmmm..

NO! NO! NO!

Luckily, my friends, CRO is closed t minus 1 minute

Crisis averted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: