Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #556
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

I just LOVE Maddie's "If I have to"!! WL is pretty darn charming when decorated for the holidays (even more so with 2 adorables in front of the tree), but guess not the right kind of charm for Bree and Maddie. I prefer the Villas to the Lodge (the Christmas decorations felt homier and it is cozier), but I LOVE the lake views that can be had from some of the Courtyard rooms in the Lodge. It is definitely a December resort for me....whereas Poly is an all year resort and GF is Spring/Summer...totally get the girls preferences.

Personally, I would go to CR and get the boat to WL, but then you know I'd go out of my for an MK resort water launch ride!

Love the update!!

Aw...sweet Peanut...she is not to be ours after all. The Rescue organization is asking an adoption fee/donation of $325 and I would have to fly to Milwaukee to pick her up. I've been involved in rescue since 1998 and have never heard of such a high adoption fee for even an extra adorable toothless 8yr old on eye meds...not that she isn't worth every penny...usually rescues have a lower "donation" for older doglets, especially with any health issue. So, I was happy I didn't allow myself to get too attached.

In the meantime - I wrote to the rescue org where I adopted my precious Gracie and our sweet Rosie...well... a 6 yr old, 6 lb darling little boy just came in over the weekend! Cynthia has been calling him Gus-Gus because he is so cute and reminds her of Gus in Cinderella!! Could this be one of those meant to be moments???

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 11-28-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #557
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I just LOVE Maddie's "If I have to"!! WL is pretty darn charming when decorated for the holidays (even more so with 2 adorables in front of the tree), but guess not the right kind of charm for Bree and Maddie. I prefer the Villas to the Lodge (the Christmas decorations felt homier and it is cozier), but I LOVE the lake views that can be had from some of the Courtyard rooms in the Lodge. It is definitely a December resort for me....whereas Poly is an all year resort and GF is Spring/Summer...totally get the girls preferences.

Personally, I would go to CR and get the boat to WL, but then you know I'd go out of my for an MK resort water launch ride!

Love the update!!

Aw...sweet Peanut...she is not to be ours after all. The Rescue organization is asking an adoption fee/donation of $325 and I would have to fly to Milwaukee to pick her up. I've been involved in rescue since 1998 and have never heard of such a high adoption fee for even an extra adorable toothless 8yr old on eye meds...not that she isn't worth every penny...usually rescues have a lower "donation" for older doglets, especially with any health issue. So, I was happy I didn't allow myself to get too attached.

In the meantime - I wrote to the rescue org where I adopted my precious Gracie and our sweet Rosie...well... a 6 yr old, 6 lb darling little boy just came in over the weekend! Cynthia has been calling him Gus-Gus because he is so cute and reminds her of Gus in Cinderella!! Could this be one of those meant to be moments???
Oh yes this IS a meant to be moment!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #558
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm with Maddie..."If I have to"....although I'd probably put up a big stink about it (just not my cup of tea).

I do love that picture of Maddie and Bree by the tree....it is a beautiful tree and your girls enhance it.

Too bad about the long wait for a bus.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #559
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Cute picture of the girls by the tree! I love how opinionated they are about the resorts!

As for the bus....
Old 11-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #560
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Love the update!!

You'd have to fly to get a rescue

Gus sounds meant to be!!!

The boat to WL is fantastic...get it's just not Maddie's cup of tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Oh yes this IS a meant to be moment!!!
A Disney doggie How's your knee Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm with Maddie..."If I have to"....although I'd probably put up a big stink about it (just not my cup of tea).

I do love that picture of Maddie and Bree by the tree....it is a beautiful tree and your girls enhance it.

Too bad about the long wait for a bus.
We don't have luck with that WL to MK bus... and I never want to leave to go to the boat since I feel the bus would come the minute I walk away I wish I had more cooperation with the girls getting pics taken, but they are pretty darn cute aren't they

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Cute picture of the girls by the tree! I love how opinionated they are about the resorts!

As for the bus....
They are too much! It's hard to predict what they like....

Pop~YES
GF~YES
Poly~YES
CR~NO
POR~Maybe
WL~split decision
BWI~NO
YC/BC~YES

And it's all subject to change of course
Old 11-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #561
Janet B
DIS Veteran

TGIF All!

Christine: Seems like Gus is meant to be!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
JanetB: sending you a
Thanks Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Glad to see you BFF!! Wish you had been there too!!! The girls want to add Deena to our family! Bree said she is SOOOOOO Nice and SOOOOOO pretty. She is!!! And I know they will love you too!!!
Well, I know I already love the princesses (and princes)

Quote:
When I work there I will be friendly...promise
Oh, THAT'S when I'll stay at the POLY!

Quote:
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkRed"]After enjoying some cocoa/coffee (for me) and a second breakfast...the girls were ready to hit MK, since I didn't buy park tickets..and we had ADRs for lunch at GF Cafe...it was time to go see some resorts!!

So since I didn't have a camera, I used my phone for pics...I did sent some pix messages out...but I deleted them since I needed space for more pics...

WL was decorated beautifully, it makes the Lodge feel small and cozy! The tree was beautiful!!!

Kate plopped into a chair, kicked up her feet, and ate her Gingerbread cookie from CR...

Maddie and Bree posed for a pic

I asked the girls how they would like staying there...Kate gave the
Bree said Poly, Maddie said "If I have to "

Pas, here are some pix I posted on the RC thread ...

AT IOA ....

AT THE GF ....

Oh, I may be ahead of your TR on this pix .... but it can always be moved ....

Quote:
They are too much! It's hard to predict what they like....
Pop~YES
GF~YES
Poly~YES
CR~NO
POR~Maybe
WL~split decision
BWI~NO
YC/BC~YES

Gee, I love the resort you listed first ... And princesses have a right to change.... much like their queen momma ....

Quote:
And it's all subject to change of course

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 11-30-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #562
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Well, I know I already love the princesses (and princes)

Gee, I love the resort you listed first ... And princesses have a right to change.... much like their queen momma ....
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the pics BFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus you and Kook have a gift of editting them to look so great!!

All good, you are right on time

We love you too!!!! Especially me!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #563
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #564
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Ditto!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #565
pas130
DIS Veteran

Home sweet home

Lunch at GF Cafe!!

I was SO glad to be on the boat to the Grand

We were cutting it very close to our ADR time (thanks to a very long wait for a bus at WL) So we headed straight for lunch..

This was my first time eating at the GF Cafe, hubs and I almost ate there, but he decided against it I swear GF is like his kryptonite why doesn't he like it there, we had a great stay....ugh...

Sorry, back to lunch, we were seated immediately by the window

This place is lovely, we did see some workers in hard hats from time to time...but nothing crazy...the girls all circled their choices and it was appetizer, entree, dessert, the server loved how they ordered...very cute!!

It was a good deal for a TS meal IMO..I had the GF burger YUMMY!!! The chef came out and was talking to the guests, it was a fantastic meal...to be followed by a visit to the lobby of course!!!

Now, WL lobby was amazing, so I can only compare by saying GF takes my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They were still constructing the Gingerbread house

I sent this pic to DH who replied "Kate had too much sugar"...and you'll see shortly he was SO right...Maddie was upset there wasn't any gingerbread for sale..but they were giving out samples, and the CM was overly generous to her She liked this much better than CR..."It was crunchy like a cookie, not soft and chewy Mommy" It had dark chocolate on the back..very sure that helped!!!

We sat in the lobby enjoying it all ! It wasn't too crowded either...

then we walked the grounds...The courtyard pool was all blocked off, the water play area surprisingly did not impress my girls who said, the Polynesian pool is prettier....I cannot wait for the GF construction to be completed!!! I need my Grand to come back!!

While at the GF, the text came that our room was ready (2ish) so we chose to hop the monorail since we were chilly on the boat.....we stopped mid trip twice, and it took quite awhile to get back to the Poly
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #566
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Ditto!
Your wish is my command friends
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #567
KatMark
DIS Veteran

If I could ONLY get my DH to walk into the GF. Granted, I don't want to stay there either, but I've heard such great things about the Grand Floridian Cafe and would really like to try it.

I love the picture of the adorable PAS girls in front of the Christmas tree at the GF.

The monoaril...you either love it or hate it. I currently hate it as we have been stuck on it for 15 minutes or more our last three trips. I now avoid it if at all possible.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #568
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I could ONLY get my DH to walk into the GF. Granted, I don't want to stay there either, but I've heard such great things about the Grand Floridian Cafe and would really like to try it.

I love the picture of the adorable PAS girls in front of the Christmas tree at the GF.

The monoaril...you either love it or hate it. I currently hate it as we have been stuck on it for 15 minutes or more our last three trips. I now avoid it if at all possible.
We stayed there in 2011, the CMs were fantastic, room and pool great!! But a neighbor banged on the wall around 9ish (wanting us to be quiet) My kiddos weren't that loud...but you know....and that did NOT sit right with him at all. Plus he doesn't like the smell...

The girls were so in love with the lobby, I gave up getting Maddie to look at the camera....

And as much as I LOVE the monorail, I prefer the boats since the monorail has been down or delayed more often than not....we were stuck and the girls were not happy

Tell Mark he really doesn't have to go in the GF...not really...hop the boat from MK and the back entrance brings you right to the Cafe
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #569
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed there in 2011, the CMs were fantastic, room and pool great!! But a neighbor banged on the wall around 9ish (wanting us to be quiet) My kiddos weren't that loud...but you know....and that did NOT sit right with him at all. Plus he doesn't like the smell...

The girls were so in love with the lobby, I gave up getting Maddie to look at the camera....

And as much as I LOVE the monorail, I prefer the boats since the monorail has been down or delayed more often than not....we were stuck and the girls were not happy

Tell Mark he really doesn't have to go in the GF...not really...hop the boat from MK and the back entrance brings you right to the Cafe
Funny you mention the smell. When we stopped by the lobby this weekend, DH and DS both immediately said how they HATED the smell and couldn't wait to get of there.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #570
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks to JungleCruiser I now love the GF Cafe. Last trip it was the best breakfast I've had at WDW .... in fact I like it so much I went again!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: