Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Jeanette!

Hey, I'm FIRST .... on page 3 ....

for your first every PTR!! I think the WL honeymoon suite is perfect for you and DH(so no changing perfection! ). I'm so excited that you both will have this time together which I know you both need very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I don't talk about DS20 much....probably because we are both stubborn, he lives with his DGF.Sadly we don't have much of a relationship these days. But he is my son, and I will always love him, even if he's not a nice person
How can he not have some kindness/niceness in him?? He's a part of you.

Quote:
Moral of the story...DON'T LET THE KIDDOS GROW UP
If only ...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #32
pas130
DIS Veteran

The Queen of Pop is in the HOUSE!!!! (AKA my BFF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Jeanette!

for your first every PTR!! I think the WL honeymoon suite is perfect for you and DH(so no changing perfection! ). I'm so excited that you both will have this time together which I know you both need very much.

How can he not have some kindness/niceness in him?? He's a part of you.

If only ...
Hi Janet!!! Glad you found me, I never announced I was doing a PTR...I just needed a place to talk and talk and talk about my fabulous trip so I don't change anything

And I am working on some potion to keep the kiddos little. Perhaps I will ask Tink or Peter Pan when I am at MK

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #33
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Sounds like a perfect first day to me--- MK!!

I know that it's going to be perfect--- the Honeymoon suite. How lovely and fitting for y'all! And I tell ya, if you can't stay in the GF--- I think that this might be the best for you!

Sorry about your oldest DS.
IDK why they have to get all grown up and act like they are in control of themselves. Don't they know that we will always control every aspect of their lives due to us bearing the sole title of Mother??

Dealing with my oldest 17 yr old DD...... grrrrr.
It's enough to make you want to pull your hair out.

Hang in there--- the WL awaits in 10 short days!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #34
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Sounds like a perfect first day to me--- MK!!

I know that it's going to be perfect--- the Honeymoon suite. How lovely and fitting for y'all! And I tell ya, if you can't stay in the GF--- I think that this might be the best for you!

Sorry about your oldest DS.
IDK why they have to get all grown up and act like they are in control of themselves. Don't they know that we will always control every aspect of their lives due to us bearing the sole title of Mother??

Dealing with my oldest 17 yr old DD...... grrrrr.
It's enough to make you want to pull your hair out.

Hang in there--- the WL awaits in 10 short days!!!!
I am SO excited, and I just can't hide it (uh oh sorry for the Pointer Sisters reference )

I joke with DH he has a new Mommy now, his DGF is significantly older and "Mommys him" Alas, he is an adult, and didn't like my rules.....so he took the alternative

My only wish is that my other kiddos say close to me, close at heart. I love them so Yes, I believe something weird happens when the double digits hit...hang in there, I hear it gets better after the mid 20s

For today.....researching which CS to eat at

Old 07-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #35
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

My old Pediatrician told my mom that if you can raise them past 24 you both will live thru it.

I only have one boy-- the middle child- age 13-- and I know it just breaks your heart to see them pull away and make their own way.

Okay enough about sad stuff.

What CS in what parks are you looking at and do you want unsolicited advice?? I *may* have been to a few.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #36
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Pas, love the PTR! Fun to see all your plans in one spot and follow along - looking forward to hearing more!

Quote:

I have a theory, which has been proven true many times, that after a certain number of changes....the WDW website no longer lets me look at my reservation online. No countdown..NADA
[/COLOR]
Another +1 from me on that theory! I was up early this morning to book ADRs for January. At first, I couldn't pull up my reservations (although it did say that I'll be at BWI in one day - uh, that was from last August and I've stayed at BC, POFQ and YC since then!) So I could only book my 180 day ADR on January 26. Then my reservation popped up, so I booked Le Cellier for later in the week. Then nothing, so I called to make the rest. Later this morning, all those ADRs and my October ADRs popped up. Then nothing. It's my own fault. Good thing you have your ticker to countdown, even if the WDW website won't join you!

Quote:
I don't talk about DS20 much....probably because we are both stubborn, he lives with his DGF.Sadly we don't have much of a relationship these days. But he is my son, and I will always love him, even if he's not a nice person
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 07-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #37
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Jeanette I was so surprised to read on RC thread that you had started a PTR that I ran over here to read and forgot o post on the RC thread

MM and now you at WL I do think I want to go back there again now

Your first day plans sound great especially meeting up with Dani

I hope you get one of the rooms with the MK view.

Son's moving in with GF's is so hard, but he is still young and I hope your relationship grows closer

Now where do you plan to eat during your trip?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #38
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Janet!!! Glad you found me, I never announced I was doing a PTR...I just needed a place to talk and talk and talk about my fabulous trip so I don't change anything
Okay we'll help you resist the itch to switch!!

Quote:
And I am working on some potion to keep the kiddos little. Perhaps I will ask Tink or Peter Pan when I am at MK
YES!! It's not too late for Sam ... and maybe there's some special for age reversal for our DS's!

now on to FOOD ... whereabouts are you looking for some good eats??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #39
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up!
Jeanette, the Disney site is the same for me ... on and off - it is a pain.
Love your day 1 plans by the way!
Oh, and we arrive on the 11th - I must have gotten something wrong ... I guess you are leaving on the 12th.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 07-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #40
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I saw you mentioned a PTR in over on the RC thread and since I have sigs turned off, I had to come on a hunt to find your thread!

Love the pics of you two!

Quote:
now on to FOOD ... whereabouts are you looking for some good eats??
I'm with Janet...

Oh and before I forget: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #41
amandaw
DIS Veteran

How did I not know about this PTR?

Better late than never, right?

I'm so happy y'all get another get away with just the two of y'all! You definitely deserve it!

And for getting to MK on your 1st full day!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:19 AM   #42
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Good morning, Jeanette the Magnificent!

It won't be long now until you leave for the happiest place on earth

Quote:

My old Pediatrician told my mom that if you can raise them past 24 you both will live thru it.
PAST 24???!!! Nobody told me this. So cruel to say this to someone with a DD13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I saw you mentioned a PTR in over on the RC thread and since I have sigs turned off, I had to come on a hunt to find your thread!

I love that photo, too. You can just imagine how exciting it was to sit there just the two of them (I say imagine, since that's all I can do)

How can you have sigs turned off? How do you keep up with your ticker and more importantly, how do you keep up with ours?!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #43
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Tuesday Morning Greetings, Jeanette!! (and all!)

Haven't been on the DIS lately so delighted I happened to read mention of a PTR!! by our Queen!! Very exciting!

All caught up...and cannot wait for pics from the WL!!

Old 07-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #44
pas130
DIS Veteran

Good morning friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

I only have one boy-- the middle child- age 13-- and I know it just breaks your heart to see them pull away and make their own way.

Okay enough about sad stuff.

What CS in what parks are you looking at and do you want unsolicited advice?? I *may* have been to a few.
Ok so that means 4 more years with him....but my youngest is 3 ugh

The last of the sappy stuff....when he was 17 we had our last WDW trip, he was a kid again....it's like WDW melted away all the drama, and he laughed, smiled, hugged...these are the memories I choose to remember

Of COURSE I want advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far, my plans will be mostly MK & Epcot, a quick stop at HS for TSM/SW

I want to try Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbor House....Epcot, I remember seeing a pizza window, was that at Via Napoli's???

DH is a plain jane, meat & potatoes guy. So I also figured we would try Trail's End...I really wanted to do at least 1 ADR, and I hung onto O'hana's...but that night I want to do the campfire & Wishes at Poly with Dani (disneydreain247) DH would be happy with a Lapu Lapu for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Pas, love the PTR! Fun to see all your plans in one spot and follow along - looking forward to hearing more!

Another +1 from me on that theory! I was up early this morning to book ADRs for January. At first, I couldn't pull up my reservations (although it did say that I'll be at BWI in one day - uh, that was from last August and I've stayed at BC, POFQ and YC since then!) So I could only book my 180 day ADR on January 26. Then my reservation popped up, so I booked Le Cellier for later in the week. Then nothing, so I called to make the rest. Later this morning, all those ADRs and my October ADRs popped up. Then nothing. It's my own fault. Good thing you have your ticker to countdown, even if the WDW website won't join you!
I know right????? I wanted to change to a WL ticker BUT I see progress!!!!!! I can see my ADRs but nothing else. And when I call, I can't even get a confirmation on the automated system.....straight to a CM for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette I was so surprised to read on RC thread that you had started a PTR that I ran over here to read and forgot o post on the RC thread

MM and now you at WL I do think I want to go back there again now

Your first day plans sound great especially meeting up with Dani

I hope you get one of the rooms with the MK view.

Son's moving in with GF's is so hard, but he is still young and I hope your relationship grows closer

Now where do you plan to eat during your trip?
Oh, BW!!! You reminded me of the BW!!! We definitely want to stop down there one night!!!! ALL this stuff and only 3 days

Where do the other 2 rooms face I wonder....VWL...kook? I like the idea we kinda have our own space in the hallway there....romantic...is horrible that 1 of the many reasons I haven't changed is to get pics for kook shhhhh, don't tell DH that (he probably already knows)

BTW tough pick between BWI and WL for December....but your DH's heart is still at BWI first, right???????

Quote:
Okay we'll help you resist the itch to switch!!

YES!! It's not too late for Sam ... and maybe there's some special for age reversal for our DS's!
Totally not to late for Sam!!!!!!!!!!!

This PTR is totally therapeutic....no itching/waffling/etc.. since I started it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up!
Jeanette, the Disney site is the same for me ... on and off - it is a pain.

Love your day 1 plans by the way!
Oh, and we arrive on the 11th - I must have gotten something wrong ... I guess you are leaving on the 12th.
Yay!!! I will PM you my cell!!!!!!

Wonder how we "crack the code" and fix the WDW website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Oh and before I forget: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you found me!!!!! I remember that mornin so well! Breakfast for 2 at O'hana...table with a MK view right at the window..... dreamin of our GRAND check in after a magical night at the Poly......and Lilo hit on my DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
How did I not know about this PTR?
Bad publicity on my part

Welcome Amanda!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Good morning, Jeanette the Magnificent!

It won't be long now until you leave for the happiest place on earth

PAST 24???!!! Nobody told me this. So cruel to say this to someone with a DD13:

I love that photo, too. You can just imagine how exciting it was to sit there just the two of them (I say imagine, since that's all I can do
Kookalicious you are more than 1/2 way there...only 11 yrs to go! And one day you and DH will get your couples' trip!!!!

DH thinks Gramma will go nuts with the kiddos and this will be our last trip alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Tuesday Morning Greetings, Jeanette!! (and all!)

Haven't been on the DIS lately so delighted I happened to read mention of a PTR!! by our Queen!! Very exciting!

All caught up...and cannot wait for pics from the WL!!
Hi Christine I cannot wait to get there....

OK....I'm ready for CS suggestions...................

Old 07-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #45
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Good Morning Jeanette!

We tried CHH in March and I can definately recommend it! We like Yorkshire County Fish Shop in UK /Epcot

Boardwalk Pizza is good and sitting at a table on the Boardwalk is priceless, we enjoyed it so much we did it twice in March

Bob still wants the BW, I brought up GF but he said no and we passed on the BLV @ CR even though he did eventually say "do what you want" well geez how could I change then without feeling selfish
Don't tell but I still keep checking for availability @ CR & BLT TPV

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: