Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #181
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi Jeanette!

Checking in from Key West. Sorry about the hickups in your arrival, but your room looks awesome! Goodies look nice too!

Will comment more once we arrive at WDW, wifi here is a bit patchy.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 08-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #182
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Hi Jeanette!

Checking in from Key West. Sorry about the hickups in your arrival, but your room looks awesome! Goodies look nice too!

Will comment more once we arrive at WDW, wifi here is a bit patchy.
Hi Karin

Hope you are enjoying your paradise
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #183
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Typical way to start a vacation, eh? Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound...and wow, 53 days?! One can dream! Yay for the goodies can't wait to hear all about Day 2! We love breakfast at the Crystal Palace

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #184
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

53 days!! Absolutely!!!

You must have been exhausted by the time you finally got to the room! Can't wait to see pics of your view...and hear all about your first full day...and meeting a very special family!

Love the pics - especially of the lovebirds!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #185
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

following along
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #186
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
Typical way to start a vacation, eh? Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound...and wow, 53 days?! One can dream! Yay for the goodies can't wait to hear all about Day 2! We love breakfast at the Crystal Palace
Day 2 ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
53 days!! Absolutely!!!

You must have been exhausted by the time you finally got to the room! Can't wait to see pics of your view...and hear all about your first full day...and meeting a very special family!

Love the pics - especially of the lovebirds!
We did fall asleep by 4am...after DH and I ate up some goodies....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
following along
Welcome!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #187
pas130
DIS Veteran

Friday August 10th

Good morning!!!!!

After 4 hours of sleep....I jumped out of bed, threw on my robe...had to LOVE the robe...and ran to the balcony....of course I needed DH to help unlock it...I was too

Straight ahead I saw Space Mountain...which meant I got my request for a MK view

Now you will hear my ONLY gripe about the room...the tub

I am vertically challenged, and stepping into that tub it was a challenge...then the hot/cold....if you turn it all the way up its cold a 1/2 inch to the left hot, but too much cold....does that make sense? We would come to find out later the knobs for the tub...just as perplexing...

The shower itself was fine...once I found the perfect temperature

Then off to the lounge for coffee, WOW! They knew who we were (I think KOOK tipped them off...then with the Anniversary buttons..gave us away) , SO nice!!! Everyone is so friendly!!! No time for food though...didn't want to fill up before Crystal Palace!!!!

So after a quick walk to the boat, and a 1 minute wait for the boat....we were off to MK.....here's where DH started to mention what a shame they were building up GF...

We get to Crystal Palace at 950am, and we were immediately seated......DH ran up for his Mickey waffles, and as I sat there I realized...there's no kids here, I can actually get my food...so off to the omelette station, which had a surprisingly short wait....

Up next.....a beautiful Princess
Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #188
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

This is SO exciting!! More more!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #189
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I love the room! Sorry it was so hard getting to your "Happy Place". Knowing Spanish is an enormous plus when visiting Florida. My DDil who we traveled with (Jason's wife) was able to communicate our needs so Many times at the airport and WDW

So glad you got the MK view

I about spit out my coffee when I read the 53 Days they had me staying a month once but I noticed it on the Disney site and Called right away

I agree with your DH about GF. It will still be my Drean resort but spoiled now just a little bit

I waited too long to change my park days but as of now I have an ADR for CRT our last day but keep looking for a CP. Breakfast in the Castle is a tad overpriced $42.99pp

Can not wait to hear more about your trip!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #190
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I love the room! Sorry it was so hard getting to your "Happy Place". Knowing Spanish is an enormous plus when visiting Florida. My DDil who we traveled with (Jason's wife) was able to communicate our needs so Many times at the airport and WDW

So glad you got the MK view

I about spit out my coffee when I read the 53 Days they had me staying a month once but I noticed it on the Disney site and Called right away

I agree with your DH about GF. It will still be my Drean resort but spoiled now just a little bit

I waited too long to change my park days but as of now I have an ADR for CRT our last day but keep looking for a CP. Breakfast in the Castle is a tad overpriced $42.99pp

Can not wait to hear more about your trip!
Crystal Palace will open up!!!!!

I kept the KTTW cards that have those dates....what a bargain 53 days for $1100
Old 08-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #191
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad y'all finally made it to WL!

53 days?!? Wouldn't that be nice?

Your room looks really nice & that's great that you had snacks & such waiting!

Crystal Palace sounds like a great way to start the day! Especially when you can just get your food & only worry about yourself.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #192
pas130
DIS Veteran

Continuing Day 2...

So I finished my bacon, tomato, and cheddar omelette...YUMMY...and decided to check out some Puffed French Toast....

As I am on line I glanced behind me and saw a family who seemed familiar....A very cute Princess with a beautiful Mama holding her...and a charming young man.....could this be my Sis from the Dis....

Seriously Dani & I were both at Crystal Palace...AND only 2 tables away We were finishing up and they got started....but No Worries we made plans for the Tambu Lounge at 5pm!!!!!!

Our waitress brought a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary...very sweet!

As DH & I discussed where to go next.....the Grand Floridian came up....

Here's a synopsis....

DH: Why did you change our reservation?
Me: Silent, but giving him that...are you seriously asking ME that? look
DH: We are going to the Grand Floridian now and you are going to get it out of your system
Me: It will never be out of my system.....the room will be more amazing than any room ever!
DH: Not our HM
Me: It IS a HM
DH: It is NOT the Wilderness Lodge, I want another day at WL
Me: I understand, whatever...
DH: Let's just go there and then you tell me if you still want to stay there....remember, you'll probably get a view of those 2 cranes...and no Space Mountain view...
Me: Not nice. I am sorry, I really want a taste of the big building
DH: It's not quiet, it's not cozy, but if that's what you want, fine. I love you, always and forever, wherever we stay is fine
Me: silent again, but really feeling guilty for changing
DH: How much was the room at GF?
Me: I got a discount
DH: That's not what I asked.
Me: It's paid for, and it was only a little more....
DH: Right
Me: Fine let's go, but I don't want to change

So we were off to GF...onto the monorail we go.....

We get inside the height of breakfast I think....it was busy...ugh he was right...so we strolled the stores and out to the balcony....

I had tears rolling down my cheeks, this is NOT a Grand vibe today...I felt an "I told you so" coming.....

Instead I got a hug, I can't believe you are crying....relax, it will be fine, now go sit by the piano and think about what you want to do....

Really, he knew I would change it...BUT a roadblock. The WL HM rooms were booked for tomorrow night. That's OK, not a bad gig to be "stuck at RPC" IMHO

But I was texting with the Lodgalicious Queen Kook...and she suggested I ask the WL CL CMs for help....DH promptly grabbed my hand and back to the Lodge we went.....boat to boat...easy peasy...too easy...

So I crawl sheepishly off the elevator to one of the CMs and explain my dilemma, he smiled and made a phone call......his smile got bigger....

Jason:We can keep you in your HM suite for tommorrow night, and cancel GF, which room type did you have?

A deluxe King in the Main building....

Jason:WOW, are you sure you want to cancel that?

Yes, we love it here, it is glorious, and it has a great vibe, I change my mind a lot, and I should've never changed this....

Will you need more money for the room, or will it stay two reservations?

Jason: The manager isn't here, but we will take care of everything, you will probably get a big refund, now go enjoy the pool!

I turned to DH, who said...big refund, hmmm, I'm shocked

I walked away thanking them ALL!!!!

3 steps away, I started jumping up & down and saying YAY!!! I am sure I looked ridiculous, but I didn't care....

We went to get changed for the pool....

The pool was glorious, this is the first time DH & I went swimming together EVER

Then we toured FW a bit....

When we got back, all was set, Jason and Mike were at the desk, Mike just smiled, and Jason Thanked us for picking the WL over the Grand, and said Wow and Thank you several times...I was thankful! And I let them know how pleased I was with everything, the pool, the room, them....EVERYTHING

Jason is my new hero...well after Kook of course

Now it was time to meet sis at the Poly....

Old 08-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #193
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this story!! Your DH is a keeper for SURE!! (as are you!).

So happy everything turned out so well...and how nice to see Dani at CP! Pretty amazing! Looking forward to the Tambu Lounge!

There is something about the Lodge - every CM we chatted with was wonderful...and when a small issue arose, I don't think any resort has ever responded so positively...and far beyond expectation!

Fabulous resort!

Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #194
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Yay! I'm so glad y'all finally made it to WL!

53 days?!? Wouldn't that be nice?

Your room looks really nice & that's great that you had snacks & such waiting!

Crystal Palace sounds like a great way to start the day! Especially when you can just get your food & only worry about yourself.
I forgot I didn't have to wait at the table for DH to come back
Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #195
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE this story!! Your DH is a keeper for SURE!! (as are you!).
I guess I'll keep my DH

He is so funny, it's great to hear him excited to bring the kids to WL,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: