Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Saga of the Queen of Resort Changes~Two TRs in One *COMPLETED*

Welcome to my first attempt at a PTR!!!!

I normally get so busy ch-ch-changing, I am not booked in one place long enough to actually do a PTR.....with 11 days left hopefully my plans will stay intact


Now an introduction....

I will call this trip "The Anniversary Trip~Take 2"

My name is Jeanette, and I am a resort changer, a serious resort changer....I am married to a patient, wonderful DH, and we have 6 kiddos...this trip...it will just be the two of us!




We went to WDW for our anniversary in November, those are our pics from that trip....would you believe we have NO pictures of the two of us TOGETHER

So, just to clarify, I have been married TWICE, to the same fine fella....and yep you guessed it...one of those weddings took place in August~

August 11, 1994....

This trip we will celebrate our Anniversary & my Birthday too (August 19th~not giving up my age though)

We started planning our adventure in May (I think) My guess it was DHs way to get me to stop complaining that our family trip to WDW, had turned into a US/IoA trip Don't get me wrong I loved our trip...but I never got to the MK....
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*

Last edited by pas130; 12-13-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: updated title
pas130 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Where oh where will we stay

So the dates for the trip were easy...I only had one weekend in the whole summer that DH and I were both not working...and my DMIL had agreed to stay with our Crazy Crew, sooooooooo

August 9th to 12th! Good, done!


Now, the hard part....where to stay!

Let me tell ya, (my RC family knows the saga well), this short trip went EVERYWHERE, from WDW, Cape Cod, St. Pete's, Universal, Sea World, and back to WDW...oh, Cocoa Beach too I think...

I just can't make up my mind

My first booking...ugh, I think was ASMusic, I booked with the AP rate. You see, back in November DH & I watched Beauty and the Beast in our YC suite, so when I was on the WDW website and Music came up....it seemed like destiny....

Fast forward to our May trip, and the elusive bounceback...I changed to Pop Century...

Wait a minute, no my first booking was YC GV CL...then my DH said no CL, and I changed to Music, then we went on our trip...and I changed to Pop yes, that's it....definitely

From June until now, I have been through so many different changes, I can't even tell you...

Well, I can tell you which ones I remember at least.....

CBR King Room, WL CL, CR BLV CL, Poly CV CL, BC CL, GF RPC, and most recently a split with All Star Sports (for the 1st night) then GF RPC Deluxe King Room....

For those who aren't familiar with my November trip, I booked this elusive GF room, and upon arrival found out the room was overbooked, that's how we ended up at YC (they upgraded us to a 2 BR suite) so don't feel bad for me....

Where are we booked now......



A Honeymoon Room at the Wilderness Lodge (with the 35% BB rate )


Last edited by pas130; 08-15-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: added more details :)
pas130 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

So now the introduction is out of the way.....what now?

Try not to just wish the next 11 days away

As happy as I am with my resort choice, I can't stop myself from looking at other resorts...I have looked at BWI, POR....I am hopeless....this is perfect and I need to leave it alone....

I need help

So I have started booking ADRs, and changing ADRs, and I don't even want any ADRs...DH just wants CS, I suppose I just need stuff to change
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*

Last edited by pas130; 07-29-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: more info
pas130 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
mommys3
Disney Or Bust
 
mommys3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 531

Reading along! I can't say I've had a problem with changing resorts but ADRs are another story With less than a month out, I'm still not quite sure I'm 100% settled on where we are going to eat Hoping you stick with the WL and looking forward to your review/pictures...we have never stayed there but have visited on several occasions!
__________________
šošHelenšoš



All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
Reading along! I can't say I've had a problem with changing resorts but ADRs are another story With less than a month out, I'm still not quite sure I'm 100% settled on where we are going to eat Hoping you stick with the WL and looking forward to your review/pictures...we have never stayed there but have visited on several occasions!
Helen

You are Number 1!

amandaw has a fantastic thread for ADR changers, and she's a real sweetie! Have you seen it?

Trut be told this may be the LONGEST I've held a reservation EVER I think I can do it!!!! Glad you stopped by! Thanks
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
mommys3
Disney Or Bust
 
mommys3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 531

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
amandaw has a fantastic thread for ADR changers, and she's a real sweetie! Have you seen it?
I have not! Off to look for it
__________________
šošHelenšoš



All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
pld5
Dreaming of Disney
 
pld5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 395

Joining In

Honeymoon Suite at the WL? Sounds heavenly. Can't wait to hear all about it. Or wherever you end up staying.

I'm a month away from being able to make my ADR's and before even making them, I've changed my mind several times. DH hates being tied down to an ADR, but wants a sit down meal.
__________________
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags
 
JoBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Right here, of course
Posts: 7,784

PAS!!
OMG a PTR from you!! YAY!!!!!!!!

So fun to read along and hear of all of your changes.

I cannot wait to read about your adventures at the WL. I just told my DH this morning over Starbucks that I want to stay there once, just once and he said-- "And give up the Grand, are you crazy??"

I said "Well maybe...."



I am excited to read what you think, how you feel about it!

So glad you are doing a PTR!
__________________
JoBird is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #9
potc
yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me
 
potc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 142

Honeymoon suite at WL sounds amazing! I'm subscribing! Can't wait to read more
__________________
First trip without my family...just my Disney Fiance and I on our Disneymoon!
November 2012 at CBR & RPR!

Please check out my first ever PTR!


potc is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
tangled up
Earning My Ears
 
tangled up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Leicestershire UK
Posts: 62

Joining in wow just 11 days left, how amazing that must feel. Xx
__________________
tangled up is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary
 
stepdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,873

Jeanette I am here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Had to add those exclamation marks.... )

I promise to read along with you. Don't go....changing

I should have my PTR up some time tonight if I can work out the links and the photos.
__________________


June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
stepdisney is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Honeymoon Suite at the WL? Sounds heavenly. Can't wait to hear all about it. Or wherever you end up staying.

I'm a month away from being able to make my ADR's and before even making them, I've changed my mind several times. DH hates being tied down to an ADR, but wants a sit down meal.
that sounds like my DH! Wants a good steak, but doesn't want to plan ahead I saw you on the WL thread, I hope to give you an EXCELLENT review!!!! This may not be the best PTR ever, but we'll have fun trying, right????
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
PAS!!
OMG a PTR from you!! YAY!!!!!!!!

So fun to read along and hear of all of your changes.

I cannot wait to read about your adventures at the WL. I just told my DH this morning over Starbucks that I want to stay there once, just once and he said-- "And give up the Grand, are you crazy??"

I said "Well maybe...."



I am excited to read what you think, how you feel about it!

So glad you are doing a PTR!
So glad you found me, my Grand buddy The ONLY reason I gave up the GF this trip is the construction...I can deal, but don't wanna sour my better half

I am so excited to try the refurbished WL Honeymoon rooms. I requested a MK view (which 2 of 4 have the IPO confirmed) we'll see...whatever room we get will be fabulous I am sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by potc View Post
Honeymoon suite at WL sounds amazing! I'm subscribing! Can't wait to read more
I am SO excited, did I mention that before I hope to figure out some actual plans for my days ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangled up View Post
Joining in wow just 11 days left, how amazing that must feel. Xx
Yes, yes, yes, and I have made so many changes I have been locked out of the WDW website....I broke it Thanks for joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Jeanette I am here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Had to add those exclamation marks.... )

I promise to read along with you. Don't go....changing

I should have my PTR up some time tonight if I can work out the links and the photos.
Yay step ....You were my inspiration for a PTR

FWIW it took my 1 hour to figure out how to post the link in my signature, and I have forgotten already...so no Chapter links in the TR I am thinking

and I will be on the lookout for yours Could you imagine how complicated our reports would be if we posted all our ch-ch-changes...

And just for good measure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI for everyone Exclamation marks are welcome here, and are a good thing
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
I have not! Off to look for it
Let me know if you need the link Helen
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
Texas Hurricane
Disney_FANatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Humble, Texas
Posts: 13

Cool Resort changer_ also....

Hi, Greetings from Texas

Happy Birthday! Mine is August 12th and we are visiting for my 35th this year.

I just wanted to reply and let you know that you are not alone.

I too am a (overplanner) as I like to say. Or as you have stated a resort changer. (or it could be the LEO _lionness in us)

For me I just know what I like and some of the differant property categories. But also I try to get the best price that I can while keeping in the budget.

If I had it my way I would always spend the money for the deluxe resorts or the deluxe villas, but my husband-----no way. This year he gave me a BUDGET can you believe that--- and it was low. So I had to work out deals wherever without staying at a value resort ([COLOR="Red"]"I don't want to go back".

Nevertheless I had changed our hotel about 20 times since first booking back in February.

Good Luck to you!

We will be at Disney-exactly 10 days.
__________________
Me DH DD (6)


Summer of 87"- (1st trip) 10 yrs old- WDW- off property
Summer of 89" (2nd trip)-WDW- off property.
Summer of 92" (3rd trip)-WDW- off property.
Summer of 94" (4th trip)- WDW- ASM.
Winter of 95"- (5th trip) HS Drill team/Senior Trip- WDW- Off property.
An unwanted_Pause-Due to college-marriage-and having a child.
Summer of 2011- (6th trip)- DD 1st trip- BC
Summer of 2012- (7th trip)- DH 1st trip- WDW Dolphin
Summer of 2013- (8th trip)- Extended family trip- WDW Dolphin = Aunt Cousion (11) Cousion (21) CousionGF (18)
Texas Hurricane is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Hurricane View Post
Hi, Greetings from Texas

Happy Birthday! Mine is August 12th and we are visiting for my 35th this year.

I just wanted to reply and let you know that you are not alone.

I too am a (overplanner) as I like to say. Or as you have stated a resort changer. (or it could be the LEO _lionness in us)

For me I just know what I like and some of the differant property categories. But also I try to get the best price that I can while keeping in the budget.

If I had it my way I would always spend the money for the deluxe resorts or the deluxe villas, but my husband-----no way. This year he gave me a BUDGET can you believe that--- and it was low. So I had to work out deals wherever without staying at a value resort ([COLOR="Red"]"I don't want to go back".

Nevertheless I had changed our hotel about 20 times since first booking back in February.

Good Luck to you!

We will be at Disney-exactly 10 days.
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! and where are you staying????? That would be neato if we ran into each other (sorry I am a stuck in the 80s )

Only 20 changes, eh? There's a RC thread, you should stop by....nicest people EVER

For our May trip, I was given a budget as well...Started GF/Poly...ended up at Pop...we had a great trip, but booking 2 rooms is such a budget buster

I do think the "lioness" in us makes us a little OCD with the planning...and the wanting deluxe
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.