DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Reading the OP the front desk person didn't say the room would be ready "soon." They said the room was in the middle of being cleaned, and the OP interpreted that as being "soon."

I learned to pretty much just go and do what you had planned to do and let them send you the text, or use the phone to check on the room, no matter what they tell you.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
Sammie
DIS Veteran

The way I handle it when I check in, if they say it is actually ready, then good we go to the room.

If not I considered it not even near and go on about my business.

And yes they tell you what they think you want to hear but I agree, it would be better to just say we will text you when it is ready.

if I understand the situation from what the OP shared when she checked in they said it was being cleaned and they thought good we will just wait. That is when I would have just gone on to the pool and waited for the text.

When you go back and ask about it, they think you are getting upset which at first the OP wasn't, so they give you the spiel about it being soon. As to saying it is being cleaned, I don't think that means they are actually in your room right then, but it is on the list of rooms being cleaned.

Also they do random checks now by supervisors to the rooms and sometimes it is clean but not released to the front desk.

Last edited by Sammie; 07-29-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

In Dec '10 I learned the hard way to just go and do what we want to do, not to sit around and wait for the room to be ready. We learned that we ruined our OWN day by doing that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
The one time I was going to wait on the text/call, I was in the room for two hours before the text came through to my phone. When I called the front desk to ask why; they stated that the room just came available in their system and how was I able to get into the room. I informed them that I called around noon and was told the room was ready.
Remember that calling the "front desk" doesn't get you to the front desk in any way, shape, or form. Gets you to a call center that might not even be in Florida.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Beach Club front desk is incompetent. I never trust anything they say LOL!

Yes I had something like that... in my case the "room was being cleaned" turned out to be a big fat LIE since the current guests had not even begun to pack, they had actually extended their stay!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #20
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Remember that calling the "front desk" doesn't get you to the front desk in any way, shape, or form. Gets you to a call center that might not even be in Florida.
Not when I have the front desk number and call that directly.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #21
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
Not when I have the front desk number and call that directly.
Just a word of caution, the Front Desk number can also be answered by the call center who acts like they are the Front Desk.

We learned the hard way when we called WL to have a wheel chair standing by on our return from the hospital. The agent who acted like the Front Desk said that everything would be taken care of. Upon our arrival, no chair and the real Front Desk didn't know that we were coming. They then told us that the Front Desk calls are answered at a call center in Tampa.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #22
Indians24
Mouseketeer

Yes I had something like that... in my case the "room was being cleaned" turned out to be a big fat LIE since the current guests had not even begun to pack, they had actually extended their stay!

hahaha that is very funny. it's quite frustrating to waste quality time in disney! especially since we switched over to have access to SAB for a day. but oh well, it's not worth getting too upset over
Indians24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Heck,
We waited at Kidani's lounge area for our room to be available. We got there at around 10:30 after our cruise, checked in and they said we'll get a text. Ate at Sanaa and waited at the lounge. Asked the Front Desk around 2pm they said not yet. Asked again at 3:30 and not yet. They said no worries I'll get a text (didn't even check the computer). Finally at 4:30 I asked again and the lady at the FD said I should have received a text at 2pm....
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #24
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Heck,
We waited at Kidani's lounge area for our room to be available. We got there at around 10:30 after our cruise, checked in and they said we'll get a text. Ate at Sanaa and waited at the lounge. Asked the Front Desk around 2pm they said not yet. Asked again at 3:30 and not yet. They said no worries I'll get a text (didn't even check the computer). Finally at 4:30 I asked again and the lady at the FD said I should have received a text at 2pm....
Yeah, that's why I don't believe the texts either. We usually call the number provided on the card. In reality, we don't expect to get into the room before 4:00. We usually head to a park, and sometime between 4-5:00 we had back to the resort and assume we will be able to unpack. We usually do our grocery run if the room isn't ready yet.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #25
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I am not sure the texting is a good idea anyway. I know when I am attend large sporting events that have huge crowds using their phones at the same time, the texts are sometimes delayed by hours from the time they were sent.

If Disney is sending these texts out to thousands of guests at the same time, this could be happening there too.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

They should not lead you on like that. We move to BCV 1/2 way most every trip and always assume 4PM or later. Either hit SAB or a park for the afternoon, and have a backpack with some items.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #27
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

We usually get to Disney before check in and we learned the hard way to not wait for the room regardless of what they say. We have had CMs say it would be ready within the hour and it took hours. We have had other CMs tell us the room wouldn't be ready till the afternoon and we got a text within a half an hour.

Now we try not to wait for anything if we don't have to.

September 2007 - Animal Kingdom Resort (First (adult) trip to Disney, HHN)
June 2008 - Boardwalk Villas (Our first trip home)
May 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2009 - Beach Club Villas (MNSSHP, HHN, Food&Wine Festival)
May 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
December 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (First Disney Christmas)
December 2011 - Boardwalk Villas (Disney Christmas)
May 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Food & Wine, HHN)
PAcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

OP, I am with you, I would have been frustrated being told one thing, that implies it would be ready shortly, only to find out that is not the case. I appreciate you sharing your experience, it is a timely reminder for our trip to not "wait" on other people on my vacation, I'll do my thing and get there when I get there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: