Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
mcr5298
DIS Veteran

Laundry Frustration

We are staying at BCV's for 16 nights. We usually book a studio room, since we are only a family of four. I appreciate that we are not charged for the laundry or dryer machines in the laundry room. However, it is very frustrating when they only have two washing machines and two dryers for the whole BCV resort. It is even more frustrating when one of those washing machines are broken. We also like booking a studio so we can have a longer trip. However, I might consider booking a one bedroom next time to have the use of a washer and dryer that come with the room.

Mary
mcr5298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
Subrbnmommy
DIS Veteran

We feel the same way. I am not interested in spending my vacation time waiting in line to do laundry.
But, I wouldn't mind spending $5 -$10 to use the machines. Next time I'm at the Boardwalk I was going to inquire if there was pay per use machines on the Inn side.

Disney Wonder, Magic, Dream and Fantasy
Subrbnmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

Doing laundry at Kidani isn't so bad--I have met some nice people and get a plasma TV to myself much of the time. There are usually 2 top load washers and one front loader (that smelled to high heaven) last year. I think there are 6 or 8 wall dryers.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

We want a longer trip next time so I have been considering having adding on just one night in a one bed for a night partway through my trip just so that I can get all my washing done. It uses extra points but it saves me waiting in line trying to catch a machine and is a lot less than having a 1-bed throughout the trip when there are only 3 of us.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Ansky
Mouseketeer

What really is crazy is that there have been similar threads on these boards complaining of the exact same thing at BCV. By the sounds of it, the washing machine has been broken there for well over a month. That seems a bit absurd to take that long to fix it/get a new one. We certanly won't hold our breath that it is fixed by next week when we are there.
Ansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr5298 View Post
We are staying at BCV's for 16 nights. We usually book a studio room, since we are only a family of four. I appreciate that we are not charged for the laundry or dryer machines in the laundry room. However, it is very frustrating when they only have two washing machines and two dryers for the whole BCV resort. It is even more frustrating when one of those washing machines are broken. (
STILL?!?!?!?! I complained in every way possible about that situation - to the front desk twice, to maintenance, to DVC member satisfaction. Totally unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansky View Post
What really is crazy is that there have been similar threads on these boards complaining of the exact same thing at BCV. By the sounds of it, the washing machine has been broken there for well over a month.
Yep - it was out when I was there over July 4 and another guest told me it had been broken for at least a week before that. I wound up going to the front desk after days of trying to get my laundry in - they gave me a roll of quarters to use the pay machines at BC, which is a hike form BCV, but at least we had clean clothes.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Keep sending emails to Member Satisfaction: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Our dues pay to keep the machines working and clean.

It really irritates me that DVC doesn't maintain our property like they should since we are paying them to do so.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
Ansky
Mouseketeer

A broken washing machine should never take a month and a half to fix. They aren't that expensive. I think if it is broken beyond repair it should be replaced immediately. It isn't rocket science. Has anyone been given a reason why it is not being fixed?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansky View Post
A broken washing machine should never take a month and a half to fix. They aren't that expensive. I think if it is broken beyond repair it should be replaced immediately. It isn't rocket science. Has anyone been given a reason why it is not being fixed?
I so agree that the machines should be fixed or replaced. If they are waiting on a part to be delivered then the machine should be replaced with a working machine and the broken one held behind the scenes for repair. And the front loaders should be cleaned to remove the odor. I think just running it empty with vinegar helps the smell.

Like disneynutz said I'd contact disney satisfaction to let them know this is unsatisfactory.

Maybe DVC was thinking DVC members would not stay in a studio long enough to do laundry. But that is not the case. We usually stay in a studio and our vacations usually run 10 to 12 nights. DVC really needs to rethink the number of washers in the laundry rooms. Now with stackable washer/dryers it quite possible to add extra washers, physically but piping will need to be added.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
Ansky
Mouseketeer

We just got back from staying at BCV for 7 nights. The first couple days the washing machine was still out of service. By mid week it was back in service. So as of 9/1 they were both working again. Just thought some people would like to know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: