Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #76
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Well, I decided to hold off on any more running until the 10k on Thanksgiving morning. My foot is just a little achy and I'd rather not risk aggravating it before the race. I've just got to trust that my training is going to carry me through even with 10 days off. I'll probably be more nervous that I would have been if I'd been able to run this week, but I'll make it (hopefully!).

Eating on plan for Weight Watchers has been a challenge this week and I am concerned about the holidays. We're doing Thanksgiving at my house and some of the food will be healthy, but most of it won't. I've always celebrated with food and I don't think that's a habit I'll break easily. I think I'll try to only eat the minimum points next week on Monday through Wednesday so I'll be able to splurge on Thursday...

Since the scale's moving so slowly, I thought I'd share some of my non scale victories (NSV's).
- Having my jeans that used to be too tight to button become too loose to wear.
- Being able to go down the slide with my toddler at the playground without it being a tight fit.
- Not worrying about fitting on rollercoasters or airline seats anymore.
- Being able to shop in the regular section of clothing stores.
- Controlling my gestational diabetes with diet while pregnant and not having it after delivery and having good HA1C results.
- Improving my blood pressure so I don't need to start medicine.

I need to focus on more of those in the coming months as I try to lose the last 30 pounds or so. I know it will be slow going and I'll want to give up and soothe my anxiety and stress with junk food and sweets. I need to remember the benefits I earn by eating well and exercising. I want to be healthy and active for a long time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren (one day!) and my husband and family. A couple of moments of satisfaction from overindulging is NOT worth the pain, shame and health impacts of obesity. OK, now I just need to remember that!
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #77
SuperHappyFunTimes

I "forgot" to get on the scale this morning. I think I'm going to skip weighing myself until Monday.

I ran my first race in over a decade this morning. A local Turkey Trot 10k, mostly on trails. It was great!! I decided to run this like a training run, started out nice and slow, made sure to do my planned walk intervals (5 minute run/1 minute walk) and ran the last mile without walking. I felt strong and steady the whole way.

I finished with an official time or 1:07 which was under my goal of 1:10. My actual time was closer to 1:05, but the race only had a timing mat at the end, not at the start, so starting at the back of 500 people kind of penalized me. I'm still thrilled with the 1:07, especially considering how good I felt at the end, like I could have kept going for a few more miles if I needed to. And my mile times were faster the second half than the first half (negative intervals if you want the fancy pants running term) which was another goal I had.

I was so nervous about this run for a lot of reasons, but a big one was that I hadn't run in 10 days because I'm dealing with a tweaky glute/hip/iliac crest injury and a tweaky spot on my right foot (probably related). That hip is a little stiff, but not too bad. and my foot felt fine the whole time.

Eating isn't going quite as well. I knew the holidays would be a challenge. I ate lunch out every day this week, except today. I made ok choices, but not great. I did not track points yesterday or today. I decided I needed to eat extra yesterday to prepare for this morning's run which is just silly. I made TWO pies today. Two. Apple and peanut butter. From scratch. Mmmm. But I sent one home with my mom and the other I think I can control myself around, so I'm going to consider tomorrow to be a new day.

Tomorrow I will take a walk or bike ride AND I will track my points!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #78
SuperHappyFunTimes

Yeah, I'm not getting on the scale until Monday.

After three days of relatively bad food choices, I've hopped back on the wagon today. I've been eating well and tracked my points all day so far.

My right foot is still giving me some twinges so I'm afraid to run again soon. I really want to run tomorrow, but I'm terrified of getting sidelined with a stress fracture or worse that might take a couple of months to heal. So, I'm going to err on the side of caution and take a couple of weeks off. Just walking and biking and maybe some elliptical work. I'm also going to use this time off of running to get a good strength program started. Squats, lunges and core work!

I'm really proud of what I've lost so far, but I've still got a long way to go. My DH and mom took pictures at the finish of the 10k and I was disappointed in how big I still look. It's a good reminder of why I can't get too comfortable at this weight and why I need to focus on getting another thirty pounds off! I'd love to be proud of the photos at the Princess Half Marathon and not cringe.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #79
SuperHappyFunTimes

171.0 Not too bad considering

I took two weeks off of running after the Thanksgiving 10k because I was having some tenderness in my right foot and to try to heal my tweaky iliac crest problem. Apparently, when I take two weeks off of running I also have a lot more trouble sticking with the healthy eating plan.

I ran three miles on Friday night and it went pretty well. I ran faster than I meant to (5 minute run and 1 minute walk intervals) and it was pretty warm and humid for December, so I felt kind of nauseous after I finished. The good news is that my foot and hip felt ok.

I ran 6.2 miles today at 5 minute run and 1 minute walk intervals. Again, I ran faster than I intended to (1:07). I tried some new fuel for the long run, Cherry Blossom flavored Honey Stingers. They are AWESOME! Way better than the sports beans, I can eat them without water and they don't stick in my teeth. And, yay, my foot and hip feel ok. I figure if my foot problem was a pending stress fracture, running the 10k today would have made it hurt.

I also decided to change my princess costume for the Princess Half from Merida (I just couldn't find the right color running skirt anywhere) to Mulan. I got a yellow running skirt, light green top and a dark blue belly band (for pregnant ladies, but I figured it'd be comfortable to add to my running costume). It looks pretty close to her costume, but I have to admit that it is not very flattering right now. The yellow skirt is not very forgiving. Guess I need to get back on track with eating right. Not to whine, but it's really hard during the holidays for me... I've got to focus on getting some more weight off and toning up before the race so I don't hate the race pictures.

Is this where I admit that I just ate three oreos and two pieces of fried chicken? Guess I've got some mental work to do.

My goals this week:
1. Track my points every day, every bite!
2. Run three days.
3. Do strength training twice.
4. Drink at least six glasses of water before dinner each day.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #80
SuperHappyFunTimes

The holidays are just rough for dieting and eating well for me. I've given myself a pass to eat whatever I want until December 25. Starting on December 26, I'm back on the program. I am continuing to run and it's going pretty well.

I ran 8 miles on Tuesday at a 5 min run/1 min walk interval and it felt pretty good. My 4 mile run on Friday was a little rough, I think I must have still been recovering from Tuesday's long run. I did another 4 mile run today and it was awesome. I did it in just over 40 minutes, my pace was 10:07/mile, including the 1 minute walk intervals.

The Galloway training plan for the Princess Half has this weekend as a short long run (if that makes any sense), but next Sunday is 9.5 miles!

My Garmin 10 is helping me so much, being able to check my pace at any time really helps me push harder when I'm slacking and to slow down when I'm going too fast.

So, when I start back on the healthy eating plan on Wednesday, I have to figure out exactly what I want to do. Weight Watchers points probably, but focusing on whole foods as part of that with no refined carbs. I'm also giving up on diet sodas!

I'll try to post back in here after I start back on my plan on Wednesday. I hope everyone has a great holiday!!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #81
SuperHappyFunTimes

The day I started to eat right again (12/26), I came down with an awful cold I have named The Mayan Flu. Fever, sinus infection, chills, fatigue... It lasted for about a whole week. So my new rule was that I could eat whatever I wanted while I was on antibiotics but as soon as they were done, I was back on the wagon.

So, I started back on the eating clean and healthy plan on Friday and have done well so far. I ran 4 miles on Friday and 9.5 miles today. Today's run was interesting. I found a new park to run at. My old park was a 1/2 mile lap and I just couldn't imagine doing that lap 19 times. The new park has a nature trail that is about a 1.5 mile loop (or out and back) and then a paved trail that is a 2 mile out and back. The nature trail has a well maintained, wide trail and then you can either turn around and come back on that or you can loop back through some narrow, less maintained trails. I did that first and then on the second time (around mile 5), I was on my feet one minute and next thing I knew, I was face down in the dirt. I don't know what I tripped on but I fell hard. My legs were ok, but my right hand and arm are pretty sore. And I was very dirty! But, I got up and finished the run.

My legs and pelvis were pretty sore so I decided to try an ICE BATH. It was eye opening, that's for sure. I stayed in for 20 minutes. I kept looking at my watch, time was moving slow. But I think it did help a lot.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #82
Terapin
DIS Veteran

You are doing great! I love the costume idea!

I hope you are feeling better after your tumble.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #83
SuperHappyFunTimes

Thanks! Everything is better after the fall except my right upper arm (delt?) which still hurts two weeks later. I did manage an 11 mile run last Saturday, but had a lot of aches and pains in my pelvis again. The pain seems to move around and ended up in my glute/hamstring, so I have been foam rolling for a couple of days and am skipping my weekend run. I have a 15k next weekend, so I'll consider this break to be "tapering". My diet is going ok, but the weight loss is just not consistent. I still can't get past the 170 barrier. I keep getting down to 170.4 or so and then I go back up to 171 or 172. Argh!

I'm thinking about not weighing myself for two weeks (I am weighing daily now) to see if it's all psychological.

I'm thinking about starting an actual blog to make my journey more public and to motivate myself. If I do, I'll post the link here too so no one thinks I fell off the face of the earth.

FIVE weeks until the Princess Half!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #84
SuperHappyFunTimes

OK, I started my own blog at http://runthegreatwidesomewhere.blogspot.com/ . Feel free to follow my journey there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: