Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #61
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

172.6 - Hopefully this is just water weight due to *ahem* hormonal issues

I turned my run today into a walk for reasons to be discussed below. I walked 30 minutes with the stroller in the morning and then did a 20 minute bike ride and another 30 minute walk in the afternoon.

I've been having problems with my iliac crest/ iliac spine (where you put your hands when you put your hands on your hips - that bony part) for about six weeks. I went to an othopaedic doctor and physical therapy and massage therapy and got 4 different answers, but it didn't get better. Running made it worse, but I have a 10k on Thanksgiving that I am bound and determined to do.

As a last resort, I went to my chiropractor. Honestly, I kind of thought chiropractors were quacks. I only went to them so I could get a prescription for massage therapy for my upper back and neck tension. Well, I may have become a believer. I went in yesterday, unable to take a single step without twinges of pain and told him my story. He did some adjustments and as soon as he was done, it felt better. Really better. Immediately. He said no running for 24 hours but that I should be fine after that. So, the real test will be Sunday after my 7 mile run, but so far it feels 95% better! I have HOPE!! I was getting so frustrated and discouraged...

I have done well tracking this week, although I've had a couple of high point days due to halloween parties. But, I tracked and am still within my limits this week. Now, if the scale will just cooperate!
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #62
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Yaaaaayyyyyy for no more pain!

And awesome job for tracking all your points honestly!!!!

The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!
Minnie Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #63
SuperHappyFunTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Momma View Post
Yaaaaayyyyyy for no more pain!

And awesome job for tracking all your points honestly!!!!
Thanks!!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #64
SuperHappyFunTimes

I did a 70 minute bike ride today, appx 14.6 miles, 12.5mph. It's been about 6 weeks since my last long bike ride so it was a little exhausting, but once I got about 30 minutes in I got in the swing of it and it started feeling better.

I also took some sports beans with me since I knew I'd be out over an hour and had them around 35 minutes and 50 minutes in which really perked my energy level up.

I'm planning to do 7 miles tomorrow on a long slow run. Maybe 4 min run/2 min walk intervals, although I really should do it at a 2 min run/2 min walk interval to be conservative. Maybe I'll just see how I feel in the morning. Since the time is changing, it will be great to be able to get an earlier start tomorrow and not have to wait for the sun to come up at 7:30.

That bike ride did make me HUNGRY. I had some graham crackers and natural peanut butter. Probably more than I should have eaten, but I earned 14 points with the bike ride and I ate 12 points with the sports beans plus the snack, so I guess I'm still ahead.

I really wanted to get under 170 by my weigh in Monday, but that doesn't look likely right now. I guess I'll reset my sights to next week. As soon as I get under 170, I'm ordering a Garmin 10. Ooh, I love running gadgets!!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #65
SuperHappyFunTimes

I did a run/walk of 7 miles today in 1:16 (10:44 min/mile pace). Probably a little too fast for my "long slow run", but I finished! The loop I run at a local park is 75% dirt and limestone and 25% sidewalk. So, I decided to run the dirt and limestone segment and walk the sidewalk segment. It worked out pretty well. I took a pack of sports beans and stopped for some beans and water at 2 miles and 4 miles and that helped a lot too.

I do think the long bike ride on Saturday may have made the run on Sunday a little tougher. I definitely felt my hamstrings today while running...

My hip/ab/oblique/glute/hipflexor/whatever it is issue is a little tweaky but it held up pretty well. If it hurts again, I'll go back to the chiro. Hopefully it will just keep getting better and I can run again Tuesday. The weather is supposed to get a little cold and rainy on Tuesday so I'll have to keep an eye on it in case I need to move the run.

My toddler (almost 2) still is a terrible sleeper. He was doing a lot better last week, but the last few nights he has relapsed a bit and is more restless and wakes up every 3 hours or so. Of course, with the time change, he decided to get up at 4am today which was not fun! Being tired is definitely a trigger for me to make bad food and exercise decisions. So far so good though!

Looks like I'll finish the week with all my "weekly bonus" points since I earned so many exercise points this week. Now, I just need to see some great results on the scale tomorrow!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #66
Terapin
DIS Veteran

You are doing great! I'm really proud of you! That bike ride sounds like amazing exercise.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #67
SuperHappyFunTimes

I ran 3.1 miles in 28:30 today! That's a personal record for me!!! I only stopped once in the middle for a water fountain sip of water. I really wanted to keep going to 4 miles, but since it's the first time in 10 years that I've run the whole 3.1 miles, I decided to be MODERATE and SMART and stop at 3.1. I'm almost more proud of myself for not doing 4 miles than I am for running the whole 3 miles.

I went back to the chiropractor today to get my hip/pelvis adjusted again just because I still felt a little uneven, like one leg was longer than the other.

My 13 year old DS brought home straight A's, so we celebrated with cupcakes. I just had one and I tracked the points. I'm really trying to do Weight Watchers as a lifestyle change, which means I may not lose 2 lbs a week due to occasional treats and splurges, but I think I will be able to maintain whatever I do lose this way...

My next run is Thursday or Friday.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #68
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Awesome job! (on the single cupcake & point tracking as well as not over-doing the run)

Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #69
SuperHappyFunTimes

170.6 - Come on, just 0.7 lbs to my next reward!!!

I ran a little over 3 miles today without stopping. Yay, I kept it slow and steady at a comfortable pace and finished pretty strong. My left knee started tweaking at the end but it feels great now.

I've been struggling with getting HUNGRY the last few days. I'm tracking all my points, but I'm just HUNGRY. I know I need to bump up my veggie and fruit intake, I just need to focus on that. I always get stalled right before a milestone and getting under 170 is a big milestone for me (going from obese to overweight based on BMI).

I officially signed up for the Thanksgiving morning Turkey Trot 10k. I'm pretty nervous about it. A reasonable goal is to finish under 1:15, but I secretly want to finish close to one hour. I'm struggling with deciding which intervals to do for the race. I know I can do 6.2 miles with a 4 min run/ 2 min walk interval. I'm kind of wanting to try it at a 1 mile run/ 1 minute walk interval. I may shorten my long run of 8 miles Sunday down to 6.2 miles and try it at those intervals.

We're meeting the inlaws at an Italian restaurant for dinner and I've got to decide on dinner in advance. I've got almost all of my weekly points left, so I can splurge if I want to. I just want to make sure to decide on it in advance.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #70
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Hope the dinner with the in-laws went well. An Italian restaurant would be my downfall. I believe it is my all time favorite food --- next to chocolatey goodness

Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #71
SuperHappyFunTimes

I think I have some crazy physical and mental block about getting under 170. Maybe I shouldn't weigh myself at all for a week and see what happens (I'm a once a day weigh in girl).

I ran 6.2 miles today with much longer intervals than normal, I ran 10 minutes and walked 1 minute the whole way. I finished in 1:08, which is better than my official goal of under 1:10 for the Thanksgiving 10k, but worse than my secret goal of at or under one hour. Yes my secret goal is totally unrealistic, but that's just my crazy ego hard at work trying to get me injured...

The run went pretty well, I had my tired, ugh am I ever going to finish moments and my uncertain, worried that I won't be able to finish moments, and then there was the memorable moment at 5 miles where I had to dash to the potty. I've got what you might call a sensitive stomach which worries me for both the 10k and the half marathon. This is the first run I've had to make a pit stop during, which is a hopeful sign. I've read other places that some runners with similar constitutional issues will take Immodium the night before a race. I think a shot of Pepto will probably be strong enough for me, but I probably need to put it on my pre-race plan.

We had a nice dinner with the inlaws and met my sister in law's new boyfriend. I think this one is pretty serious. I like him a lot, he's from Chicago and I have this strange thing about thinking that people from the midwest in general and Chicago in particular are very nice. Both times I visited Chicago, everyone was super friendly and nice. I ended up getting a thin crust personal sized pizza with pesto and grilled chicken. I didn't eat any of the dinner rolls and I had water to drink. So, not an awesome choice, but not awful either.

Next run is Tuesday. Happy Veteran's day everyone! Thanks to all who have served and to those who are still serving.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #72
SuperHappyFunTimes

I have officially left obesity! And earned my Garmin 10 watch that I ordered last week . I know I'll probably bounce around up over the 170 mark for the next week or two, but it feels awesome to see that new number on the scale!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #73
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Congratulations April!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #74
SuperHappyFunTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Momma View Post
Congratulations April!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #75
SuperHappyFunTimes

So, I only saw weights in the 160's once so far, but I know I'm close to getting back. I've been starving this week, but trying to stick with healthy choices.

I did run 3 miles on Tuesday which was ok. I did it on the treadmill which was MISERABLE. I hate hate hate the treadmill. I'm having a twingey pain in the outside of my right foot. I'm guessing it's nothing but since my running partner is still in a boot due to her stress fracture in her foot I'm kind of paranoid. I bought some superfeet inserts and I skipped my run yesterday to be safe. I have a 10k on Thanksgiving morning which is really important to me and I'd hate to get injured before it.

So, I have to decide whether to do 3-4 miles tomorrow or not. Argh!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: