DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #16
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
What about add-ons, while on board.
we are booked on the Fantasy in January. We just bought 210 points at SSR in October, 2011.
Don't want another 160 right now, but 50-100 would be good.....
If you add on while on a cruise, tell them the name of your guide and they will get credit for the sale.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #17
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdgeek View Post
If you add on while on a cruise, tell them the name of your guide and they will get credit for the sale.
They know who your Guide is, you shouldn't have to tell them. I was told by one of our Guides that they only get a partial commission for DCL and off site sales.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #18
DumboFan
Mouseketeer

Just bought on the Fantasy last week. We got $500 onboard credit, 18 VIP fast passes & $4050 credit toward the price which brought it down to $123.75 per point. Also got extra VIP passes since they made a mistake with the paperwork & we had to re-sign everything.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
EWL
In Pursuit of Enchanted Tiki Birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2
What about add-ons, while on board.
we are booked on the Fantasy in January. We just bought 210 points at SSR in October, 2011.
Don't want another 160 right now, but 50-100 would be good.....
We were just on the Dream and said we were curious about a small contract for 50 or so at VB and they were quite willing to look it up for us, no problem. Quoted $75 a point, but since we joined via resale last year and paid about that for our AKV points, we didn't see it as a great deal. They did keep insisting that the best deals are always offered on the ship. As incentives they had OBCs/gift cards of $500+ if you bought during the first few days of the 5 nt cruise, then just VIP fast passes after that. Think it was the same 160 point minimum for incentives. Also giving the 10 extra points.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #20
cz4ever
Imagineer-in-training

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL View Post
We were just on the Dream and said we were curious about a small contract for 50 or so at VB and they were quite willing to look it up for us, no problem. Quoted $75 a point, but since we joined via resale last year and paid about that for our AKV points, we didn't see it as a great deal. They did keep insisting that the best deals are always offered on the ship. As incentives they had OBCs/gift cards of $500+ if you bought during the first few days of the 5 nt cruise, then just VIP fast passes after that. Think it was the same 160 point minimum for incentives. Also giving the 10 extra points.
It does sound like the best DIRECT deals come when cruising on DCL, since they offer all of the normal incentives plus (often) toss in substantial shipboard credit and fast passes. So if you want to buy direct and are planning to cruise on DCL, you might as well take advantage. But those deals are highly unlikely to bring the price down close to resale.
cz4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumboFan View Post
Just bought on the Fantasy last week. We got $500 onboard credit, 18 VIP fast passes & $4050 credit toward the price which brought it down to $123.75 per point. Also got extra VIP passes since they made a mistake with the paperwork & we had to re-sign everything.
how did you get the $4k credit was it an incentive or did you negotiate . I wa under the impression they wont negotiate

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
DumboFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver

how did you get the $4k credit was it an incentive or did you negotiate . I wa under the impression they wont negotiate
It was part of the incentive. If you bought x points, $x back...changed at each point level. Can't remember what the actual breakdowns were & we haven't unpacked that suitcase yet.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumboFan View Post
It was part of the incentive. If you bought x points, $x back...changed at each point level. Can't remember what the actual breakdowns were & we haven't unpacked that suitcase yet.
Thats a nice deal .

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #24
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Good for you. We bought on the fantasy as well.
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

My parents bought DVC for us on the Wonder in July.

We picked the 220 level because it had a $2700 credit for the "20th anniversary special", and the same credit was for 330 and 440. The 160 credit was $1000-something. 220 was definitely best bang for our buck.

twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #26
LadyLvsTramp
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Purchased Aulani on DCL

We just purchased Aulani on Fantasy last week it was an unbelievable deal we elected to purchase 220 points and we were given 10 bonus points for each 100 purchased for the life of the contract so we have 240 total. We also got 100 developer points for our other home resort SSR to use before next year in the fall I think that is when they expire if not used. In addition to this we were offered $500.00 on board credit or a $500.00 visa which we elected so we could apply it to the first years dues which they prorated for 5 months but wow they gave us all the points for August this use year in Aulani. By next August we will have use of over 700 pts total for a wonderful vacation.
The only reservation I have is Aulani worth it anyone have any opinions I am still within my 10 day window and wondering if I should have gone with Animal Kingdom Lodge instead of Aulani. Hearing lots of different opinions on Aulani parking fees, extra tax when using points charged by state of Hawaii about $48.00 for a weeks stay, overcrowding and it is not even done. I had a difficult time researching the deal without internet on the cruise tried in port with free internet but not too successful. Any advice is appreciated I am trying to decide before the cancelation period even with a good deal which is the best property......
Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #27
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLvsTramp View Post
We just purchased Aulani on Fantasy last week it was an unbelievable deal we elected to purchase 220 points and we were given 10 bonus points for each 100 purchased for the life of the contract so we have 240 total. We also got 100 developer points for our other home resort SSR to use before next year in the fall I think that is when they expire if not used. In addition to this we were offered $500.00 on board credit or a $500.00 visa which we elected so we could apply it to the first years dues which they prorated for 5 months but wow they gave us all the points for August this use year in Aulani. By next August we will have use of over 700 pts total for a wonderful vacation.
The only reservation I have is Aulani worth it anyone have any opinions I am still within my 10 day window and wondering if I should have gone with Animal Kingdom Lodge instead of Aulani. Hearing lots of different opinions on Aulani parking fees, extra tax when using points charged by state of Hawaii about $48.00 for a weeks stay, overcrowding and it is not even done. I had a difficult time researching the deal without internet on the cruise tried in port with free internet but not too successful. Any advice is appreciated I am trying to decide before the cancelation period even with a good deal which is the best property......
Based on the incentives Disney is having big trouble selling Aulani.

Is it a good deal? Buying resale is the best deal but you need to do the numbers.

Is Aulani where you want to vacation each year because owners usually own where they love to stay? The dues, cost to get there and extra fees add up quickly plus all you get is one beautiful resort. At WDW there is so much more to see and do with four major theme parks and restaurants everywhere.

DVC/Disney is a luxury vacation and spending that kind of money, I want to stay where I want, when I want. The only way to guarantee that is to buy where you love to stay. We own points at 5 different resorts all at WDW.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #28
LadyLvsTramp
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thank you I needed the insite

I really appreciate your opinion I am leaning that way too because I do not think I will go to Hawaii very often and we have been to WDW many times. We also like to try different resorts and having points in different places makes that more possible even if you need to trade occasionally.
Anyone else have any words of wisdom all is appreciated!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #29
DisWitt
Fan of Disney 1.0 - aka Disneyland

LadyL- Aulani is wonderful. We bought site-unseen before it was built and went for the first time about a month post-opening. It was better than we hoped. And we return shortly and the kids are ecstatic to be going again. They'd go monthly if we had the points!

Naysayers are everywhere. I think the only resort that recently had great sales was BLT. Other than that, I don't hear people poo-pooing SSR which has languished in sales for years. Aulani is the same size and will be selling for years too. Plus, most of DVC's current owners are East of the Mississippi. Aulani is more for us Left-Coasters. Hawaii is to us what Ariba and the Caribbean is to the East.

Oh, and don't worry about parking at Aulani. It's free for owners. And the tax is totally incidental. Virtually any eat-out meal in Hawaii will dwarf that!

Aulani Owner since 7/2010
DisWitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #30
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLvsTramp View Post
I really appreciate your opinion I am leaning that way too because I do not think I will go to Hawaii very often and we have been to WDW many times. We also like to try different resorts and having points in different places makes that more possible even if you need to trade occasionally.
Anyone else have any words of wisdom all is appreciated!
We had added on at Aulani last year, on a cruise, right before they stopped selling for a while because of the issues they had with the state of Hawaii.

We have owned at OKW since 1993 and used to go to WDW all the time, living in the NYC area. Then we moved to AZ and started going to DLR instead since we can drive there. At first we used our OKW points to stay at GCH, before the villas were built. After they went up, we couldn't use points for the hotel, and the VGC are sometimes hard to book.

We knew we needed more points because our family was changing, and being sort of near the west coast, we decided Aulani made sense.

But, after really thinking about it, we realized what we really needed was points at VGC to get the 11 month window there. But it was after our 10 day period, so we decided to look resale for a VGC contract and then we'd sell Aulani.

Luckily for us, when Disney restarted sales at Aulani with the higher dues, even though they offered to subsidize prior purchasers like us for the difference, they also offered to buy back the contracts if we were not happy.

So we gave them back the points at Aualni and used that $$ for points at VGC, which we have already used 3 times in the past year there.

I agree with the fact that Aulani is certainly a beautiful looking resort, and we fully intend to go there in the near future. But that will be a special trip for us.

For us, going to DLR or WDW is a much more frequent trip, and having points where you want to vacation each year was important to us.

Hope it works out well for you.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: