Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
tinkerbell313
DIS Veteran

We ate at CRT for breakfast in 2011. I have heard that they changed the menu recently.

With that said, I would pay out of pocket and not use dining credits. That would be a pricey use of credits.

Breakfast is great at CRT, pricey, but great. The food is fresh and there is plenty of it. I asked for another side of bacon and I think they gave me a pound of bacon.

But with that said, I would skip it. You are paying for the experience. And if you have experienced it already, then choose another place for breakfast.
tinkerbell313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #17
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I personally thought the breakfast was good. Of course, I will only eat the eggs/bacon/sausage, but we've never had a bad meal here. However, my DH loves the DxDP so we can "afford" it a little easier on the dining plan. If DH had to pay OOP, he might decide that he doesn't care for CRT.

We recently spent one day at MK before our cruise and my DH decided he does not like paying OOP for meals.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
OllieDannyandMe
DIS Veteran

I have read RAVE reviews since the new menu went into effect this summer. We are giving it a try.

The price does include BOTH picture and tip. For us, remembering that, plus seeing the new menu, put it into our must-do category for our trip in a couple of weeks. I can report back if you want. We plan to dine there for breakfast mid-August, if that helps.

p.s. I have noticed that All Ears is woefully behind on their menues and resort information lately. I have been noticing that for the last 6 months or so. Hope they get back on track soon!

OllieDannyandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #19
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieDannyandMe View Post
I have read RAVE reviews since the new menu went into effect this summer. We are giving it a try.

The price does include BOTH picture and tip. For us, remembering that, plus seeing the new menu, put it into our must-do category for our trip in a couple of weeks. I can report back if you want. We plan to dine there for breakfast mid-August, if that helps.

p.s. I have noticed that All Ears is woefully behind on their menues and resort information lately. I have been noticing that for the last 6 months or so. Hope they get back on track soon!
Thanks for the info about recent reviews! We've been there many times for lunch and dinner but we were not terribly impressed with the food. Our oldest is out of her princess phase but still has strong sentimental feelings for the princesses. I can't decide if we should go or not. I can't even decide if we should do the dining plan. Usually I plan a trip for a full 12 months in advance, but I only got the green light for this trip in June, so I am so behind on planning, and I just can't make up my mind about anything!

VP

p.s. Bummer about allears! They've always been my go-to place for menus!
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge October 2014 DISNEYLAND PARIS HALLOWEEN! Oh Mon Dieu!!!! Jan 2015 Just me and DH, Grand Floridian Villas April 2015 Aloha Aulani? May 2015 Flower and Garden Festival Grand Floridian Villas October 2015 Quick Halloween Weekend Polynesian

Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #20
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Because of the reviews of the new breakfast menu I have read lately, I did book my first breakfast for next month

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #21
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Hopefully, this new menu brings people around. I think this is such a special place and it deserves a better menu and reputation. I personally love eating here. There's just something about being in the castle, some place I always dreamed about being able to see the inside of.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #22
carmiedog
needs more kool-aid

We just tried it in June 2012 and it was a wonderful experience. Very worth it. All the food was very good. I had the quiche and loved it.

I just went with my daughter for a "once in a lifetime," we like it enough that next time we want to take the whole family.
carmiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #23
gracielou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmiedog View Post
We just tried it in June 2012 and it was a wonderful experience. Very worth it. All the food was very good. I had the quiche and loved it.

I just went with my daughter for a "once in a lifetime," we like it enough that next time we want to take the whole family.
I don't suppose it's still all you can eat with the new menu?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #24
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

i picked up an 8:05am ADR and am sooo excited!

the filet & eggs look scrumptious.

as does the lobster/crab crepes.

is it possible to get both?? it will be my birthday so maybe i can have both?

emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
carmiedog
needs more kool-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielou View Post
I don't suppose it's still all you can eat with the new menu?
I don't know if it's "all you can eat." But with the breads/pastries/fruit plus the plated-meal, there's more than enough to eat for the average person.
carmiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #26
gracielou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmiedog

I don't know if it's "all you can eat." But with the breads/pastries/fruit plus the plated-meal, there's more than enough to eat for the average person.
Thanks! We have this scheduled for DH's birthday as he's never eaten in the castle. While the new menu looks great, I just can't justify the over $50 per person price tag knowing he can't get a second helpings--he's one of those disgusting skinny people that can eat half his body weight and still lose pounds at WDW! Looks like we may be better off going back to CP.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
Steakgoddess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielou View Post
Thanks! We have this scheduled for DH's birthday as he's never eaten in the castle. While the new menu looks great, I just can't justify the over $50 per person price tag knowing he can't get a second helpings--he's one of those disgusting skinny people that can eat half his body weight and still lose pounds at WDW! Looks like we may be better off going back to CP.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/din...s-royal-table/

Disney's website says Breakfast is all you care to eat.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #28
gracielou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakgoddess

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/din...s-royal-table/

Disney's website says Breakfast is all you care to eat.
Thank you! This will make his day...and birthday!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #29
Eliza'sMom
Mouseketeer

I ate there last spring with the old menu and this spring with the new menu. I was not a huge fan last year -- I didn't think it was enough food or special enough too justify the price. We didn't plan to go back this year, but it was my daughter's one big request. The new menu was so much better. I had the lobster and crab crepes and they were delicious. The price is still insanely high for breakfast in my mind, but the value is much better.

Our Disney trips together:
October 2005: Honeymoon at CSR December 2006: Got a pin code we couldn't resist and headed to POFQ June 2007: Big family vacation off-site December 2007: Babymoon at POFQ December 2009: Ellie's first trip, our first trip as DVC members at BWV April 2010: Mike's 30th and Ellie's 2nd birthday celebration at Pop/AKV September/October 2010: BWV for MNSSHP and Harry Potter April 2011: A week at Jambo House before Ellie turns 3 May 2012: Back to AKV for baby's 1st trip to Disney! Nov/Dec 2012: Our first Disney cruise! Plus AOA, BLT and BWV -- whew! October 2013: Fall fun at Jambo House March/April 2014: Spring break at BWV/VWL January 2015: AOA and BLT
Eliza'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #30
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Ok, this is a silly question, but I'm guessing you order a particular "plate" and that's "all you care to eat." If there are three adults, can we all order a different one, and share, so we can try it all? And get refills of the favorites if needed?

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: