Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #1381
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmtexas
is freezer large enough for uncrustables(nice to have for kids that decide they are hungry before bed) thinking of ordering some with our Garden Grocer order but they need to stay frozen
AOA Cars Suite
Yes I would say it would fit 6 or 8

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #1382
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

For those that have stayed, what is the standard check-out time?
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Disneyland - October 2014
Art of Animation - Dec 2015

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #1383
allidale
Earning My Ears

11am
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #1384
allidale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
In the cafeteria. They have a grab and go refrigerator.

Yes it is approximately 2 liters. I think the cost is between $3-4.
It is $2.99 for the 1/2 gallon of milk (bought one this week)
Old 09-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #1385
allidale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by candeeapril View Post
I have never ordered food from them before. do you just place it like a regular online order and have it shipped to aoa's address? thanks
Yes, that is what I did and it was delivered just fine for out stay this week.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #1386
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
If you enter at the end of the building you need your card, but if you enter in the center where the "main" building entrance is, you don't need it.
Thanks, I don't see why we would be in the other buildings but I was just wondering.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:18 AM   #1387
ilanakan
Mouseketeer

For those that stayed- is it possible to have late check out. And if not, can you leave luggage at hotel at safe room to continue the day and leave later for a late flight out?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #1388
Mr. Pig
I picked Monorail Coral so that it won't be lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanakan View Post
For those that stayed- is it possible to have late check out. And if not, can you leave luggage at hotel at safe room to continue the day and leave later for a late flight out?
You can ask for late check out. It is at the discretion of housekeeping. If it is really late you could be charged extra. I can't remember the times.

All the resorts have either bell service or luggage service where they will store your luggage in a secure area. Being a value resort AoA would have a luggage service where you can take your own bags and then pick them up at any time. Leave enough time before departure to pick up bags.
In between - Too many times to count
Old 09-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #1389
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree

If you enter at the end of the building you need your card, but if you enter in the center where the "main" building entrance is, you don't need it.
On that note, do you need your key to enter the pool area? Can you enter any area's pool depending which section you are staying in?
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #1390
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston

On that note, do you need your key to enter the pool area? Can you enter any area's pool depending which section you are staying in?
Each of the AoA pool areas are fenced and have a key entry system. You can use your AoA key from any section for all three.

That said, Josh from easywdw visited recently and saw the Big Blue pool gate propped open all during his report. He speculated perhaps it was to encourage traffic to the Drop Off pool bar, which also has some food items available.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 09-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #1391
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanakan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pig View Post
You can ask for late check out. It is at the discretion of housekeeping. If it is really late you could be charged extra. I can't remember the times.

All the resorts have either bell service or luggage service where they will store your luggage in a secure area. Being a value resort AoA would have a luggage service where you can take your own bags and then pick them up at any time. Leave enough time before departure to pick up bags.

last time we stayed at POP, Bell service came to get our luggage for us! (had a couple boxes and we were doing a split stay at AKL, just called and within 15 minutes he was there!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #1392
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

We have a late check out today at AoA for 1:00 pm- they told us that was the latest time possible

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 09-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #1393
ekidwell0001
Always thinking about DISNEY!

We are in our LM room right now! (Building 8) which is furthest from Animation Hall anywho, does anyone have any questions i can answer??? ive so much appreciated everyone on here and im trying to return the favor! Also one great thing somehow i missed, they now offer FREE Internet!! woohoo!

Me (Liz) DH (Dustin)

Engaged at WDW Sept. 14th 2010!!
Married 3-24-12!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #1394
PrincessMomofTwo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidwell0001 View Post
We are in our LM room right now! (Building 8) which is furthest from Animation Hall anywho, does anyone have any questions i can answer??? ive so much appreciated everyone on here and im trying to return the favor! Also one great thing somehow i missed, they now offer FREE Internet!! woohoo!
We'll be there at the end of the month. We are driving and I was wondering if it would make sense to drive and park near the bus stop when we want to take the bus to MK? Is there parking near the bus area? Just concerned about walking back at 10PM or later with very tired kids. I was also wondering how much of a wait there was to get a bus after park closings? Thanks! Hope you are having a great time!!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #1395
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidwell0001 View Post
LOL we just got home from building 8 which we lovingly referred to as "outer mongolia".

It's really not a bad walk. We had asked for building 7 but got building 8....turned out to be a good thing as building 7 is Ursula - ick!

FYI we wanted to steal the shower head - man was that a good shower!!! Seriously I think we're now looking to buy the same one for our house.

For those that asked - most of the time the pool gates were closed but sometimes you'd find one open. One time we only had one room key with us - I was going back to the room to get changed (Kali River Rapids) DD (already in bathing suit) and dh were going to the pool. I took the key and sent them along figuring (correctly ) they'd find an open gate or get someone to let them in.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: