Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #1321
disneymom88
Mouseketeer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather View Post

The desserts seemed to be lacking in comparison to other resorts. Just eh. Cupcakes, all the same basically, and one flavor of cheesecake. They had a sampler pack of mini cupcakes and cheesecake bites. No chocolate cake, no chocolate eared mickey mouse rice crispie on a stick...so sad!
So, just to confirm, you can't get gelatto as dessert??? (I mean with DDP)

Past Trips:
Aug. 2002 first time, off-site; May 2006 gradnite!!; March 2009 1st time onsite (POP) w/ DH & DS 1st trip; Nov-Dec. 2009 ASMo celebrating DS 2nd birthday!!; April-May 2010 AKV First time stayin deluxe! treating parents Nov 2010ASMu for our first F&W Festival; Oct 2012 AoA first MNSSHP and F&W Festival DD 1st time; Oct 2013 BLT F&W Festival
Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #1322
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Best Resort yet! We were at WDW last week. We arrived on Sunday and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside; even got the room I requested. Rooms were spacious, grounds were lovely, everyone was very nice. But it was serene. And fancy. And utterly boring. I can imagine how some people would enjoy it but it just wasn't our cup of tea. We stayed 3 nights, trying to make the most of our stay but I woke up Wednesday morning and headed to the front desk begging to be moved to a more "colorful" resort. Previously, we've stayed at Movies and loved our stays at POP. But I wanted to try AoA and they put us in a Cars Family Suite!

Oh my gosh it was amazing! So bright! So colorful! So clever! So absolutely Disney! It really saved our vacation! Already booked Finding Nemo for April. No Bounce-back offers, though.

I loved our evening strolls over the Generation Gap Bridge to POP as well, being able to go to a different food court is great.

No cell phone service in the room and the wifi was hit or miss but that's not the end of the world.

I LOVE AOA!!!
What Cars Bldg were you in? No Cell Service? I requested Bldg one for our trip coming up, how was the walk to the bus stop, path all the way? length? also was the bus stop covered? Thanks Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 Art Of Animation-Nemo Suite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #1323
momof3ds
Mouseketeer

We liked the cupcakes.

But, yes, you can get the gelatto as a dessert on the dining plan. You get your dinner and the cashier stamps your receipt. You have to come back within 45 minutes (I think) to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom88 View Post
So, just to confirm, you can't get gelatto as dessert??? (I mean with DDP)

We were in building 3. Nope, there was no cell service in the room and around the resort, it was spotty. Wifi was unreliable in the room. Outside by the pool, it was a different wi-fi router (2 different names) and it was much better.

Really, those buildings should each get their own wifi routers, or at least each section.

The path to the bus stop has a path. It didn't take us that long to walk. The bus stops are all covered.

What Cars Bldg were you in? No Cell Service? I requested Bldg one for our trip coming up, how was the walk to the bus stop, path all the way? length? also was the bus stop covered? Thanks Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #1324
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofmickey View Post
We are renting a full sized crib for our stay in a Nemo suite. Anyone know if the nightstands or bed are movable in suites. Trying to figure out best spot for crib in master bedroom area.
There was room for us to fit a double stroller (and then some) between the nightstand and the bathroom door wall (if that makes sense...) without us folding the stroller down, so you could easily put the crib there. The bathroom door opens in, so if it juts out a little it shoudn't be too much of an issue. I honestly don't know if the nightstands were movable.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #1325
DW2010
DIS Veteran

eeek, we arrive at AoA Monday! I sure hope we don't have a dirty bathroom though!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #1326
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

We were in Bldg 1 (Tow Mater), 4th floor, Room 1806. Wi-Fi was unreliable and cell phone service in the rooms was obsolete. The walk to Animation Hall and the bus stops was nice; it's a scenic little walk down Route 66. It's actually painted like a 2 lane road and there are cars characters to see along the way. If anything, I'd request a ground floor room next time just because I hate waiting for the elevator. Did I mention that it's the best resort ever? : )

Monica
Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #1327
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Monica

Last edited by HappyGal; 09-26-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #1328
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW2010 View Post
eeek, we arrive at AoA Monday! I sure hope we don't have a dirty bathroom though!
Our room was spotless and the Mousekeepers were great! Don't worry, you are going to LOVE it!

Monica
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #1329
allidale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshreed View Post
We are staying in a LK suite in November. We've asked for a view of the courtyard but want to know for those that have stayed. Any preference on which floor to stay on? Top floor?
We're here right now in LK, room 0811. This is a top floor room that faces the courtyard. No noise issues from inside the hotel but if you want total quiet before 10:30pm I'd request one that isn't along the courtyard. Reason being is that they show the nightly movie there at 8:30pm and also lots of screaming loud kids playing around the boneyard play area at night.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #1330
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
We were in Bldg 1 (Tow Mater), 4th floor, Room 1806. Wi-Fi was unreliable and cell phone service in the rooms was obsolete. The walk to Animation Hall and the bus stops was nice; it's a scenic little walk down Route 66. It's actually painted like a 2 lane road and there are cars characters to see along the way. If anything, I'd request a ground floor room next time just because I hate waiting for the elevator. Did I mention that it's the best resort ever? : )
Thanks we requested top floor and bldg 1 but the cell service issue really bothers me, was anyone complaining, wonder if they are they planning to improve it
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 Art Of Animation-Nemo Suite
Old 09-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #1331
allidale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Food was Greasy?!
Can you expound on that please?
Also, did you notice if LM corner rooms had windows on 2 sides like they do at Pop & All Stars?
Just replying about the food. We're here right now and I have to say that the food we've gotten here is among our favorite out of all the quick service dining anywhere so far. No grease complaints, fries were definitely not greasy, son's pizza didn't look greasy and he ate it all and he's picky. Chicken burger was wonderful, same for surf and surf burger. The only thing we haven't liked is the coleslaw. Very picky daughter liked the tandori chicken kid's meal. We ventured over to Pop tonight for dinner and actually came back to AoA to eat. And we haven't found a lack of selection in desserts, 4 mini variety pack of cheesecakes, one big cheesecake, a lot of different cupcakes, mini pack of cupcakes, brownie bites, mickey chocolate ganache, gelato, "everything" brownie, many other items that I can't recall off the top of my head. Yes it's not of great a selection as some places but it's way better than most places I can think of.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #1332
mickeye
DIS Veteran

My trip has been planed for a very long time (3 years) and now I'm just under 8 weeks. A beloved family member has been fighting cancer for a long time now, but after the Dr. put her on a new Chemo med. about two months ago she has improved tremendously and has looked and felt wonderful. Her bad tests results have turned around and the last tests were so improved it was amazing. Then we got a phone call only several days ago that the Drs at the center have DC'd all of her treatments and put her on hospice and gave her 4-8 weeks to live. We were totally blindsided. Our trip is now just under 8 weeks. It certainly puts the question of the trip up in the air. Yesterday a call came saying that she had passed away. We are in total shock. The trip is certainly safe from a family funeral now, but my head is spinning. I feel like all of the magic is gone. I don't have any interest in finishing the craft projects I've been working on for our trip and I'm just not able to think straight. When I think of being in 'The Happiest Place on Earth' I think of all of the things I'd see that I would have wanted to buy as gifts for her. I don't know how much pixie dust there could be to get me through this.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #1333
Sunshinepixie27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
My trip has been planed for a very long time (3 years) and now I'm just under 8 weeks. A beloved family member has been fighting cancer for a long time now, but after the Dr. put her on a new Chemo med. about two months ago she has improved tremendously and has looked and felt wonderful. Her bad tests results have turned around and the last tests were so improved it was amazing. Then we got a phone call only several days ago that the Drs at the center have DC'd all of her treatments and put her on hospice and gave her 4-8 weeks to live. We were totally blindsided. Our trip is now just under 8 weeks. It certainly puts the question of the trip up in the air. Yesterday a call came saying that she had passed away. We are in total shock. The trip is certainly safe from a family funeral now, but my head is spinning. I feel like all of the magic is gone. I don't have any interest in finishing the craft projects I've been working on for our trip and I'm just not able to think straight. When I think of being in 'The Happiest Place on Earth' I think of all of the things I'd see that I would have wanted to buy as gifts for her. I don't know how much pixie dust there could be to get me through this.
In 2011 my girlfriends and I planned a trip to Disney in February for my birthday. My father traveled often and always had free airline tickets. We were not very close and I had not talked with him in a while. I emailed him to see if he had any tickets to spare. He called me shortly after that and told me he had been diag with Pancreatic Cancer. That was the last time I talked to him. He died 6 weeks later. It was less than 2 weeks before our trip. I still went on the trip and am very glad that I did. I took some time to stop and enjoy Disney in an entirely new way and thanked God for my friends. Instead of thinking of gifts for her, perhaps you could find something to remember her. I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #1334
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Well, actually there won't be any room for the crib in the master bedroom..it's tight in there even for our 2 suitcases. There is plenty of room in the main part of the suite, I think that will have to be where it goes. The night stands only move a dab, not much tho..
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #1335
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
I lost a good friend to cancer a couple of months ago and it does seem to suck all of the joy out of life. TIme will heal some of this for your family. Don't push things, they will get better on their own and i think you will be able to celebrate a trip with your family in her honor. Many hugs to you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: