Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #1306
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessand2princes View Post
OK, so I have sat and read through all 87 pages, and didn't find the answer to my question, my apologies if I just missed it though. Does anyone who has stayed in a LM room know if a twin size (or smaller) air mattress would fit anywhere in the room? We currently have a LM room reserved, but I'm getting worried it may not be big enough....
When are you going? I am heading there in 2 weeks I can check it out for you. I have a son who is autistic and that is the ONLY way he will sleep in a hotel so this is common for us. YOu can check out the pictures and kinda see from them. I know we have used an air mattress at pop and all the all stars in between the beds..
Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #1307
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
So do I, actually. Very much so. I'm a bit in mourning for the NHL right now, though.

Brah I feel your pain!! After suffering through a long summer of baseball I just need some NHL hockey for crying out loud.

We're trying to decide between AoA and ASMo for January. We visited AoA this past June and everything looks so fresh and new which is inviting. But the one thing I like about the All-Stars is your room door leads directly outside.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #1308
gigi729
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
I did not see one anywhere when we were there last week. We went to Big Blue pool several times and didn't see anyone doing it around pool area.
Thanks for the response!!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #1309
BuzzandWoodyMom
You've Got a Friend in Me :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Mmmm. When I made my reservation for 2 LK suites, I asked for connecting and was told they would try but could not guarantee it. I don't know if CM knew there if were connecting rooms or not.
None of the family suites have connecting rooms.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #1310
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Brah I feel your pain!! After suffering through a long summer of baseball I just need some NHL hockey for crying out loud.

We're trying to decide between AoA and ASMo for January. We visited AoA this past June and everything looks so fresh and new which is inviting. But the one thing I like about the All-Stars is your room door leads directly outside.
The LM rooms lead directly outside. Would you be staying in a suite?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #1311
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Just arrived early this morning and these are my thoughts after a full day.
We are in LM building 7, lakeside, connecting double bed rooms. We are on the left-hand side of the "l-", if you are facing the lake, if that makes sense.

It is approx. 550 steps from Landscape of Flavors to the mid-entrance of Tritan, building 9, or Ursula, building 7. I am 5'9" and I was walking with a casual stride. So, a little over a 1/4 of a mile, if 1000 steps usually equals a half mile.
It was a fairly long haul with a full tray of take-out from LOF. The resort seems so expansive compared to the other value resorts. Lots of open space, but we liked it, but the walk after only a day is seeming longer.

There was NO pomp and circumstance upon our arrival. LOL No cookies, no lemonade, not even stickers, no big "HOWDY!". Just kind of boring. We are used to having a mildly big "to-do" when we arrive and to have nada was a little disheartening, especially after being so excited. Missed that part of it for my kids, but hey, maybe the CMs are all worn out from all the grand openings they've had?
My 3yo has yet to receive one sticker after 12 hours. LOL On other trips, he would have collected quite the stash already. Perhaps they are on a sticker ration?

The online check-in line had quite a few people in line, but the regular check-in had 2 people waiting.

We had 2 rooms and one of them was ready at 10am. The connecting room came available right as we walked into the other room.

The theming in the room is incredible. My kids LOVE it, even my 9yo boy.
The bedspreads are like cardboard. They look awesome, really awesome, but they are so stiff, you can hardly fold them down to the bottom of the bed.
Unfortunately, our bathroom wasn't that clean. There were/are still, 4(2-4 inch) hairs in the tub that do not belong to us. Eep! And the tub wall has visible soap lines and stains. After only 10 days, that seems a little odd. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's the type of tile that is causing it or if it's just not getting cleaned well and the dark blue color is really letting it show. It very noticeable. Icky.

Quote:
OK, so I have sat and read through all 87 pages, and didn't find the answer to my question, my apologies if I just missed it though. Does anyone who has stayed in a LM room know if a twin size (or smaller) air mattress would fit anywhere in the room? We currently have a LM room reserved, but I'm getting worried it may not be big enough....
Quote:
Subbing. We are staying in a LM room Jan 13-21 (myself, husband, 6yo daughter and 2yo twin boys). TRying to figure out if we will all fit in the room (thinking maybe if we bring a child size blow up bed?) or if we need to upgrade to POR. Hoping for discounts to be released for that time to make decisions a little easier. OK, off to read through this whole thread to see if anyone has posted already about fitting a blow up bed already...
*The only place for a blow-up mattress, toddler or twin(tight squeeze, but could fit) is in front of the outside door and window. There is literally nowhere else it can fit. We put my 3yo's toddler aerobed there and we lean it against the bathroom wall and bed during the day so it is completely out of the way. It doesn't bother us to have the outside door blocked because we had two rooms and only used one door at night.

*The pack n play cannot fit in the "sink" room outside the bathroom without semi-blocking the bathroom sink. It has to go parallel to the sink because the sink counter is about 2 inches too deep, which is a real bummer.
You can push the chairs under the table and slide the table toward the dresser and put the pack n play there against the wall.
If you don't have connecting rooms, you could put it against the connecting door.
We put ours in the "sink" room and just let it partially block access to the sink. The kids are small and can still squeeze in to use the sink with the pack n play there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDisney View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before. For those that have stayed in the LM side, which building 7 or 9 is closer to the main reception? On the map it doesn't look much different. I would like to request a ground floor room on the east side of either buildings. I have a 4 year old so would like to be closer to the bus stop, etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
They are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Does anyone know--
Do corner rooms in LM section have windows on 2 sides like at All Stars & Pop?
No, the corner rooms only have one window.

The food is really yummy so far. I love, love, love the make your salad and the make your own pasta bar. Awesome fresh and really good.

The desserts seemed to be lacking in comparison to other resorts. Just eh. Cupcakes, all the same basically, and one flavor of cheesecake. They had a sampler pack of mini cupcakes and cheesecake bites. No chocolate cake, no chocolate eared mickey mouse rice crispie on a stick...so sad!

The kids LOVE the pool. It is very big and colorful! Though, tonight while we were swimming they came and taped off the nemo pop-up water pad and were ripping up the floor. Really hoping it will be usable tomorrow. The kids were really looking forward to it.

All in all, we really like it. It fits in well with the other value resorts. The theming is great and bright. It is very spacious.
I'll add pics of the pack n play in the "sink" room and the toddler aerobed on the floor tomorrow evening.

Just so excited to be here. If the resort is sold out, you can't tell. It doesn't seem crowded or super busy. It's so nice.

ETA: We have Sprint and the cell service and wifi seem fine. My Sprint has 3 out of 5 lines and my wifi has 2 out of 3 lines sitting on the bed furthest from the door.
It is quiet where we are. I haven't heard people at all. I did however just here a very noticeable toilet flush. I heard it earlier today, too. It's not bothersome, but recognizable.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ Dd(1)

Last edited by MistressMerryweather; 09-26-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #1312
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candeeapril View Post
Do the windows open in the suites?
We stayed in the Finding Nemo Suite and our window open. I remember I opened it once when it was beginning to rain and I stuck my hand out to see how hard it was raining...so no screens! We were on the first floor though, so I don't know if it is the same on all the floors.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #1313
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather View Post
The kids LOVE the pool. It is very big and colorful! Though, tonight while we were swimming they came and taped off the nemo pop-up water pad and were ripping up the floor. Really hoping it will be usable tomorrow. The kids were really looking forward to it.

Oh, I wonder why they are doing that! I hope it is fixed soon - my kids just adored the splash area.

I'm sorry to hear your room wasn't that clean. Our 2 suites were kept very well clean when we were there - we didn't have a single problem. Of course that was just before LM opened. I wonder if that is part of the problem.

We loved the Art of Animation (and I already miss being at WDW!)
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1314
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
We are in LM building 7, lakeside, connecting double bed rooms. We are on the left-hand side of the "l-", if you are facing the lake, if that makes sense.

It is approx. 550 steps from Landscape of Flavors to the mid-entrance of Tritan, building 9, or Ursula, building 7. I am 5'9" and I was walking with a casual stride. So, a little over a 1/4 of a mile, if 1000 steps usually equals a half mile.
It was a fairly long haul with a full tray of take-out from LOF. The resort seems so expansive compared to the other value resorts. Lots of open space, but we liked it, but the walk after only a day is seeming longer.

There was NO pomp and circumstance upon our arrival. LOL No cookies, no lemonade, not even stickers, no big "HOWDY!". Just kind of boring. We are used to having a mildly big "to-do" when we arrive and to have nada was a little disheartening, especially after being so excited. Missed that part of it for my kids, but hey, maybe the CMs are all worn out from all the grand openings they've had?
My 3yo has yet to receive one sticker after 12 hours. LOL On other trips, he would have collected quite the stash already. Perhaps they are on a sticker ration?

The online check-in line had quite a few people in line, but the regular check-in had 2 people waiting.

We had 2 rooms and one of them was ready at 10am. The connecting room came available right as we walked into the other room.

The bedspreads are like cardboard. They look awesome, really awesome, but they are so stiff, you can hardly fold them down to the bottom of the bed.
Unfortunately, our bathroom wasn't that clean. There were/are still, 4(2-4 inch) hairs in the tub that do not belong to us. Eep! And the tub wall has visible soap lines and stains. After only 10 days, that seems a little odd. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's the type of tile that is causing it or if it's just not getting cleaned well and the dark blue color is really letting it show. It very noticeable. Icky.

*The only place for a blow-up mattress, toddler or twin(tight squeeze, but could fit) is in front of the outside door and window. There is literally nowhere else it can fit. We put my 3yo's toddler aerobed there and we lean it against the bathroom wall and bed during the day so it is completely out of the way. It doesn't bother us to have the outside door blocked because we had two rooms and only used one door at night.

*The pack n play cannot fit in the "sink" room outside the bathroom without semi-blocking the bathroom sink. It has to go parallel to the sink because the sink counter is about 2 inches too deep, which is a real bummer.
You can push the chairs under the table and slide the table toward the dresser and put the pack n play there against the wall.
If you don't have connecting rooms, you could put it against the connecting door.
We put ours in the "sink" room and just let it partially block access to the sink. The kids are small and can still squeeze in to use the sink with the pack n play there.

They are the same.

The food is really yummy so far. I love, love, love the make your salad and the make your own pasta bar. Awesome fresh and really good.

The desserts seemed to be lacking in comparison to other resorts. Just eh. Cupcakes, all the same basically, and one flavor of cheesecake. They had a sampler pack of mini cupcakes and cheesecake bites. No chocolate cake, no chocolate eared mickey mouse rice crispie on a stick...so sad!

All in all, we really like it. It fits in well with the other value resorts. The theming is great and bright. It is very spacious.
I'll add pics of the pack n play in the "sink" room and the toddler aerobed on the floor tomorrow evening.

Just so excited to be here. If the resort is sold out, you can't tell. It doesn't seem crowded or super busy. It's so nice.

ETA: We have Sprint and the cell service and wifi seem fine. My Sprint has 3 out of 5 lines and my wifi has 2 out of 3 lines sitting on the bed furthest from the door.
It is quiet where we are. I haven't heard people at all. I did however just here a very noticeable toilet flush. I heard it earlier today, too. It's not bothersome, but recognizable.
thanks for the review!

so no more cookies and lemonade, must of only been for opening day

yuk about the bathroom, hope it gets all cleaned up for you...having the darker tile would make any stains more noticable!

we had stayed at POP shortly after the remodeled rooms were done, the the bedspreads where the same, sure they get better with time!

enjoy the rest of your trip!

Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #1315
jimandami
DIS Veteran

We had cookies and lemonade when we arrived Saturday!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #1316
candeeapril
Disney is my happy thought...now if I could only fly

is the ground floor in the suites any noisier than the other floors?

Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #1317
princessand2princes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
When are you going? I am heading there in 2 weeks I can check it out for you. I have a son who is autistic and that is the ONLY way he will sleep in a hotel so this is common for us. YOu can check out the pictures and kinda see from them. I know we have used an air mattress at pop and all the all stars in between the beds..
That would be wonderful, thanks! We are not going until January
Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #1318
princessand2princes
Earning My Ears

Quote:

They are the same.

Thank you!! Sounds like a small airbed just might be doable! Pics would be awesome!!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #1319
Idreamofmickey
Mouseketeer

We are renting a full sized crib for our stay in a Nemo suite. Anyone know if the nightstands or bed are movable in suites. Trying to figure out best spot for crib in master bedroom area.

1995 Off site (February)
1999 POR (October)
2007 ASSP (March)
2008 ASMO (January)
2008 ASMO (September-free dining)
2009 POP (February-My birthday trip)
2010 POP (November-It's about time trip)
Old 09-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #1320
candy0730
DIS Veteran

There were cookies, lemonade and punch when we arrived on Saturday 9/15 and again on 9/22. Maybe there are only doing it on Saturdays since it is a busy check in day?

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: