Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #1291
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
yes you can get smoothie as a snack. I think it's a limited kind. my family all got strawberry banana. That may be all that's eligible because my DH got it and he doesn't even like banana. The make your own smoothies are not eligible for snack credit.
Any flavor but "make your own" was a snack. We had strawberry banana, mango, and tropical energy. All were very yummy!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #1292
binkyj826
One "belong" coming right up
Forget PD under the pillow - just leave cash ;-)

Pre-apologies if this was already asked and answered:

Do any of the family suites have connecting rooms?

Thank you!!!

"Find a happy place! Find a happy place!! FIND A HAPPY PLACE!!!"
--Peaches "Finding Nemo"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #1293
ABDisney
Earning My Ears

Sorry if this has been asked before. For those that have stayed in the LM side, which building 7 or 9 is closer to the main reception? On the map it doesn't look much different. I would like to request a ground floor room on the east side of either buildings. I have a 4 year old so would like to be closer to the bus stop, etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #1294
princessand2princes
Earning My Ears

OK, so I have sat and read through all 87 pages, and didn't find the answer to my question, my apologies if I just missed it though. Does anyone who has stayed in a LM room know if a twin size (or smaller) air mattress would fit anywhere in the room? We currently have a LM room reserved, but I'm getting worried it may not be big enough....
Old 09-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #1295
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkyj826 View Post
Pre-apologies if this was already asked and answered:

Do any of the family suites have connecting rooms?

Thank you!!!
No, I've read from others who have stayed at AoA that only the LM rooms are connecting. The suites are not connecting.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
Old 09-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #1296
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23

Any flavor but "make your own" was a snack. We had strawberry banana, mango, and tropical energy. All were very yummy!
Well there you go. DH wouldn't like those other ones. So he would have had to pay OOP for just a strawberry smoothie?
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #1297
sturowski
Mouseketeer

We were in section 9 , 4th floor facing the parking lot.. It was very quiet... Never heard anyone. We were the 2nd to last room at the end, room 9814.. Great spot, we could see the fireworks from there
Old 09-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #1298
tracyheartsmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
Well there you go. DH wouldn't like those other ones. So he would have had to pay OOP for just a strawberry smoothie?
I was wondering the same thing. I love strawberry smoothies but I don't want bananas in them. I wonder if I can order a strawberry banana smoothie and hold the banana.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #1299
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
No, I've read from others who have stayed at AoA that only the LM rooms are connecting. The suites are not connecting.
Mmmm. When I made my reservation for 2 LK suites, I asked for connecting and was told they would try but could not guarantee it. I don't know if CM knew there if were connecting rooms or not.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #1300
candeeapril
Disney is my happy thought...now if I could only fly

Do the windows open in the suites?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #1301
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candeeapril View Post
Do the windows open in the suites?
I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing a way to open them.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #1302
ellynsoh
Mouseketeer

We just returned from LM, room 9720. All the LM rooms are a hike through the LK section; I would not consider any of the LM rooms close to bus stop, etc.

I don't think I will return to this resort. It was thrilling to be the first ones to check into a Disney room, but the rooms had too little soundproofing. Two nights, the child next door woke up crying in the middle of the night and woke me up. I fully realize children are going to make noise, but I think that is a soundproofing problem, not a child problem. I could hear every toilet flush, and the fan in the bathroom comes on loudly any time you get close to the bathroom. Not my most relaxing stay, unfortunately.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #1303
ellynsoh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom loves Disney View Post
What about the buses since the whole resort is now up and running? We are booked in a Cars suite, but if buses are too bad we are thinking about changing back to WL.
Buses were frequent but crowded. I was there Sept 15-22, and LM was fully booked.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #1304
ellynsoh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
I had perfect cell reception while in Triton building.I have verizon. Also busses were great except the night of extra magic hours at magic kingdom.all busses were backed up though.pops line was even a lot worse than ours.
I found the wifi inLM to be fine, but I had to step outside the room to use my cell phone.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #1305
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Shut the front door!

Best Resort yet! We were at WDW last week. We arrived on Sunday and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside; even got the room I requested. Rooms were spacious, grounds were lovely, everyone was very nice. But it was serene. And fancy. And utterly boring. I can imagine how some people would enjoy it but it just wasn't our cup of tea. We stayed 3 nights, trying to make the most of our stay but I woke up Wednesday morning and headed to the front desk begging to be moved to a more "colorful" resort. Previously, we've stayed at Movies and loved our stays at POP. But I wanted to try AoA and they put us in a Cars Family Suite!

Oh my gosh it was amazing! So bright! So colorful! So clever! So absolutely Disney! It really saved our vacation! Already booked Finding Nemo for April. No Bounce-back offers, though.

I loved our evening strolls over the Generation Gap Bridge to POP as well, being able to go to a different food court is great.

No cell phone service in the room and the wifi was hit or miss but that's not the end of the world.

I LOVE AOA!!!

Monica
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: