Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #1261
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturowski View Post
Just got off the plane from our 6 day stay at the resort.. We were in a LM room, section 9.. Had a great time. I honestly did not think the walk was long at all.. We had to walk further at the pops and Caribbean in previous years... With the kids in tow did not even feel like 5 minutes.. Rooms are small but that was expected since we have stayed at value resorts before.. And like previous posts, drawer space is limited but we managed with 2 adults and 2 kids... Nemo pool is great, my kids did not want to leave! Food was greasy, but expect a wait for the made to order foods
Food was Greasy?!
Can you expound on that please?
Also, did you notice if LM corner rooms had windows on 2 sides like they do at Pop & All Stars?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #1262
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

So excited! We're planning to book in a few weeks when a check we've been waiting for arrives.

Here's the thing: AoA looks so popular. Do you think it's going to be difficult to get a LK or FN suite for the last week in April when booking in mid-October? I wouldn't have thought so, but I'm starting to wonder.

Also, since the whole resort is open now, is it crazy busy? DH was worrying about that.

(Side note: I see a number of fellow Buffalonians on this thread. Hello! Go Bills! :D)

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #1263
DanieD0909
Mouseketeer

Lol!!! I live in NC now but originally from Buffalo!!! Go bills indeed!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #1264
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Food was Greasy?!
Can you expound on that please?
Also, did you notice if LM corner rooms had windows on 2 sides like they do at Pop & All Stars?
I'm confused... I don't think the corner rooms at the All Stars and Pop Have windows on 2 sides. I am assuming that the LM rooms are the same, with only one set of windows in the corner rooms. I know the mods have corner rooms with 2 sets of windows, but I've never noticed any value resorts like that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

ASMu side view.

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #1265
noahdove
DIS Veteran

My last trip/August I took a couple of ziplock plastic containers and I must say, it saved many bags of grapes and not eaten dessert..no smush no mess
Old 09-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #1266
joshreed
Earning My Ears

We are staying in a LK suite in November. We've asked for a view of the courtyard but want to know for those that have stayed. Any preference on which floor to stay on? Top floor?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #1267
sturowski
Mouseketeer

Stupid spell check did not mean food was "greasy" meant food lines were crazy.... Long lines for the made to order
Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #1268
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I'm confused... I don't think the corner rooms at the All Stars and Pop Have windows on 2 sides. I am assuming that the LM rooms are the same, with only one set of windows in the corner rooms. I know the mods have corner rooms with 2 sets of windows, but I've never noticed any value resorts like that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

ASMu side view.

Thank you, DisneyFreak06, for replying.
Boy it sure does not look like it in that photo, does it.
I had a corner room in Jazz Inn at ASMU, that had windows on 2 sides. But it was on the center corner of the T, if you know what I mean, where the breezeway goes through. You would think the outside corners would too.
I called supposed AoA today, but you know that is a call center no where near the resort, to ask them. The CM said first thing, "You mean like the All Stars do?". But she did not know if AoA did. But, she also told me I couldn't request lake view, because I had paid for a standard room, which is the only booking category there is in LM.
Oh well, I will find out soon. More light in the room makes it not so claustrophobically small.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #1269
sturowski
Mouseketeer

We were at the 2nd to end room of a corner and I did not see two windows at that corner.. Reason I noticed is because my son kept trying to wave at the neighbors, lol...
Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #1270
TSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janatmovies View Post
Movies are at 10 right?
Last week they were 830
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #1271
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post

(Side note: I see a number of fellow Buffalonians on this thread. Hello! Go Bills! :D)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieD0909 View Post
Another Buffalo girl here. I prefer the Sabres though
Old 09-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #1272
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieD0909 View Post
Small world. We live in NC now but are originally from Buffalo and still Bills Fans. Hope this will be "the year".
Old 09-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #1273
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Small world. We live in NC now but are originally from Buffalo and still Bills Fans. Hope this will be "the year".
It seems like many Buffalonians end up in NC
Old 09-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #1274
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Has anyone ordered a pizza and had it sent to the room? I thought I read that it comes from Pop but I have no idea if this is true. How much is it for those who know? We would not use TS credits for it but pay OOP.

ETA: I just found the answer, figured I would look on the site below and it was there (added in July).
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...ArtPizza.shtml

6 wings for $7.99!! (not that we'd order wings outside of WNY anyway but still)
Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #1275
gigi729
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Anyone who has already stayed...can you tell us if there is a hair wrapping station at AoA???? I know a lot of resort pools have them, but not sure if they have one her too. Thanks for your help...16 days!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: