Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #1171
RSHale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn71092 View Post
Yes, Pop Century is our resort of choice but since we were coming down on Sept. 14th, we wanted to try out LM. So on the 14th we stood at Pop since AoA wouldn't open until the 15th. Checked out and went to AoA on the 15th. As stated earlier the rsort is amazing but the walk to the Food Court is very far. Plus the 90 degree heat wasn't helping. If you have a car it shouldn't be an issue. If not, if you walk you might want to take your time and check out the scenery which is amazing from what I saw of the Lion King section. Plus we were in Building #8, which is the farthest from the Food Court. At Pop we always try to get the 70's section. Hope this helps!!
It sounds like we came away with some similar feelings about AoA. I love Pop and have stayed there almost every trip since it opened. I was afraid that after staying at AoA, I wouldn't want to go back to Pop, but that's not really the case at all. There were things I liked better about AoA and things I still like better about Pop. More often than not, I will probably be returning to Pop. In the near future, I expect that it will be easier to get a discount on a Pop room than a Mermaid room. AoA is just across the bridge if I want to walk around or get some gelato at the food court.

Still, I don't think you can go wrong at AoA. I wouldn't discourage someone from trying it, and I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance to stay there.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #1172
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

29 days till checkin!

I'm not too worried about the walk from LM since I'm only going to be there 1 night, but if I like it and decide to return there for a longer period, I don't know that the walk would be a deal breaker.

I do know that if it was so far that I feel like I couldn't stay there unless I drove myself to the parks, I'd stay somewhere else.

Transportation for the majority of my vacation is the reason I stay on site. I get a car for the week since I do some off site time but when I'm on property and traveling within the resorts/parks I really prefer to use the buses/boats.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #1173
ksh1111
Earning My Ears

AofA Connecting Rooms

We are here, and have a King Bed Room, with a connecting door. It is 7503.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #1174
DanieD0909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksh1111
We are here, and have a King Bed Room, with a connecting door. It is 7503.
Hi,
Is the King room a handicapped accessible room or a standard room? Please let me know if you can. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #1175
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

We also just returned from a 6 night stay in the LM rooms. Our room was 9619 and did have a connecting door. It was a VERY long walk to the main bldg and bus stops. When I read previous posters worrying about distance I honestly didn't think it would be a problem for us as we are walker/runner and have done half marathons. After all day in the park and in the rain it is really something to consider if you have children.

My other complaint was the free wi-fi that never worked and no cell service in the room. I made multiple calls to the help number and received the same response each time - my ticket would be referred to the next level tech and try again in 30 min. Never worked. I did take my iPad to the main pool where it worked with no problem. We stayed at Pop in May and had no issues with the wi-fi or cell service.

Also there is a lack of drawer space. I had to ask for additional hangers to hang our clothes.

It was a one time to AoA for us and back to Pop in Decenber.

Last edited by bgenew1; 09-21-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 09-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #1176
RSHale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgenew1 View Post
My other complaint was the free wi-fi that never worked and no cell service in the room. I made multiple calls to the help number and received the same response each time - my ticket would be referred to the next level tech and try again in 30 min. Never worked. I did take my iPad to the main pool where it worked with no problem. We stayed at Pop in May and had no issues with the wi-fi or cell service.
My service wasn't quite that bad, but it was close. The wi-fi wasn't great when I stayed at Pop Century in March, so I made sure I had a cellular data plan active for my iPad this trip. The cell service in my LM room was terrible. My wi-fi was a little better than the cell signal, but I kept dropping the wi-fi. I tried to remember to make any neccessary phone calls before I went back to the room.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #1177
TSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox4 View Post
Thanks for your answers I'm really torn between staying at the Art of Animation in a LM room and Pop... Has anyone stayed at Pop before and then in the LM section at Art of Animation?? I'm wondering if the distance from the LM section to the main building is any further than the 80s or 90s section at Pop is from their main building... can anyone comment on this? I don't mind the walk at all but we're going with my mom and dad and I'm going to be dragging them around enough at the parks, I don't want them to have to do much more walking back at the resort! LOL
We were in building 9 king Triton area and it took 4 minutes to walk to food court. A little less when we went to bus stop on outside of building.we had parking lot view and there is a walkway to buses.it really wasn't that bad.wexwalked back and forth several times a day.we also used the big blue pool a lot and even went over to cars pool.I loved the resort! Loved the scenery the room and food court! Will definately stay there again!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #1178
Bibbidi
DIS Veteran

We are booked for a LM room for Thanksgiving week. Since these rooms are sold out for that week but suites are not (when I last checked), is there a chance that we'd get upgraded to a suite at check-in?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #1179
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Anyone currently staying AoA (preferably Nemo Suites) I have a question about outlets and the windows...so if you could PM that would be great
Old 09-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #1180
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbidi View Post
We are booked for a LM room for Thanksgiving week. Since these rooms are sold out for that week but suites are not (when I last checked), is there a chance that we'd get upgraded to a suite at check-in?
Sure, there's a chance. Like if a pipe burst and your LM room was flooded. Or the A/C broke, toilet overflow, etc.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #1181
tianna26
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how good the wifi is at aoa & cell phone reception?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #1182
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy
Anyone currently staying AoA (preferably Nemo Suites) I have a question about outlets and the windows...so if you could PM that would be great
I was there 3 weeks ago. There are 11 open outlets throughout the suites. I counted because I knew inquiring mins would want to know.

Remember there is a false front panel on the from of the bureau - right under where the TV sits. Open that up and there is a double outlet plus a/v outlets as well.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #1183
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianna26
Does anyone know how good the wifi is at aoa & cell phone reception?
The wifi is very weak. 3g signal was strong, I used that to get online. I didn't pay attention to the phone signal because I wasn't planning on making any phone calls.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #1184
DW2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox4 View Post
Thanks for your answers I'm really torn between staying at the Art of Animation in a LM room and Pop... Has anyone stayed at Pop before and then in the LM section at Art of Animation?? I'm wondering if the distance from the LM section to the main building is any further than the 80s or 90s section at Pop is from their main building... can anyone comment on this? I don't mind the walk at all but we're going with my mom and dad and I'm going to be dragging them around enough at the parks, I don't want them to have to do much more walking back at the resort! LOL
I'll let you know in 9 days . We stayed in POP and will be staying in the LM section in 9 days! I did request building 7 so hopefully I get it. However, I will say that Dh and I will be driving so I'm debating on skipping the busses this trip and just driving to the parks.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #1185
essom71
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if roll away beds are available at AoA?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: