Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #1156
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Just checked in yesterday for a 2 night stay in a LM room....overall I live the resort! It's amazing!

My only negative is that the LM room are a bit of a hike from the main bldg but it could also feel worse than it is since I came from a YC room that was right off the lobby (I got spoiled).

I also ran into some cleanliness issues with my room which was a bit of a shock since this section just opened - garbage on the table, both bars of soap open in sink and shower that looked dirty and used, half used shampoo bottle and dirty towel by sink... I did mention it to the front desk and they offered to switch rooms but I was exhausted and just wanted sleep...they sent housekeeping to do a quick sweep of the room for me and all was well. I just wanted to make sure housekeeping was aware I would hate for it to happen to someone else and I just didn't want it to spoil my stay...

The pools are great - all very quiet ..

I'm sure I've missed something but if you want to know anything else just ask
Old 09-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #1157
motofox4
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this has already been asked ~ I've tried looking and don't see it anywhere.. do any of the LM standard rooms have connecting rooms? Thanks in advance for your help!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #1158
parqueen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by candeeapril View Post
We've been watching Lion king, Little Mermaid, and Cars to get prepared for our trip too Tonight we are going to see Nemo in 3d. I can't wait it's my favorite movie!!
Just ordered Finding Nemo. I should really see it in the movies. LOL. Enjoy
Old 09-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #1159
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahon View Post
There was speculation that there might be one. Now that LM section is open, can anyone comment in this? Thanks!!!!
Unfortunately there are no reports of a refill drink station in the LM section, so that speculation did not pan out.

The drink stations are inside the Landscape of Flavors and there is one at the Drop Off pool bar in the Nemo section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox4 View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked ~ I've tried looking and don't see it anywhere.. do any of the LM standard rooms have connecting rooms? Thanks in advance for your help!!
Yes, we assume there are Little Mermaid section rooms with interior connecting doors, but we don't yet have the extra detail as to exactly which floors/rooms have them. Same with king bed rooms in LM.

As for the suite buildings, pretty sure the word is none of those rooms were built with interior connecting doors to connect suites.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 09-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #1160
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Just booked a Nemo suite for April. The countdown begins.....
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 09-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #1161
lynn71092
DIS Veteran

I just got back from LM section where we were for the grand openng on Saturday. The resort is awesome, I can't say enough. Our room was beautiful.
Loved it. I went through the Lion King section on my way to the Food Court and the landscaping and decor are totally amazing. That being said, I am going back to Pop. We were in Building 8 in LM section and the distance to the Food Court is just too far for me. I saw someone take their car to the Food Court b/c it was just too far away.But that would be my only issue. A friend was also there at the AKL with the savannah view and he complained how his room was so smalll. For that kind of money I would recommend the AoA Family Suites instead.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #1162
RSHale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, we assume there are Little Mermaid section rooms with interior connecting doors, but we don't yet have the extra detail as to exactly which floors/rooms have them. Same with king bed rooms in LM.
I can tell you that I had a room in the Little Mermaid section with a king bed and what appeared to be a connecting door on the inside. I don't have the room number here in front of me, but I think it might have been 9829. I was on the fourth floor of the King Triton building.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #1163
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn71092 View Post
I just got back from LM section where we were for the grand openng on Saturday. The resort is awesome, I can't say enough. Our room was beautiful.
Loved it. I went through the Lion King section on my way to the Food Court and the landscaping and decor are totally amazing. That being said, I am going back to Pop. We were in Building 8 in LM section and the distance to the Food Court is just too far for me. I saw someone take their car to the Food Court b/c it was just too far away.But that would be my only issue. A friend was also there at the AKL with the savannah view and he complained how his room was so smalll. For that kind of money I would recommend the AoA Family Suites instead.
Funny you mentioned someone driving over there...I had the same thought!! I guess we will just see how far it is for ourselves, and see how tired we are!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress
Old 09-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #1164
parqueen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHale View Post
I can tell you that I had a room in the Little Mermaid section with a king bed and what appeared to be a connecting door on the inside. I don't have the room number here in front of me, but I think it might have been 9829. I was on the fourth floor of the King Triton building.
Did you request a king bed? Just wondering. I requested one and I hope I get it.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #1165
lynn71092
DIS Veteran

We were in room 8750 with 2 beds and it had a door for a connection. However try not to stay in Building #8 unless you have a car to take you to the Food Court.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #1166
motofox4
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your answers I'm really torn between staying at the Art of Animation in a LM room and Pop... Has anyone stayed at Pop before and then in the LM section at Art of Animation?? I'm wondering if the distance from the LM section to the main building is any further than the 80s or 90s section at Pop is from their main building... can anyone comment on this? I don't mind the walk at all but we're going with my mom and dad and I'm going to be dragging them around enough at the parks, I don't want them to have to do much more walking back at the resort! LOL
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #1167
RSHale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by parqueen View Post
Did you request a king bed? Just wondering. I requested one and I hope I get it.
I didn't request one, but I was travelling alone this trip. I'm not sure if that made a difference.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #1168
RSHale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for your answers I'm really torn between staying at the Art of Animation in a LM room and Pop... Has anyone stayed at Pop before and then in the LM section at Art of Animation?? I'm wondering if the distance from the LM section to the main building is any further than the 80s or 90s section at Pop is from their main building... can anyone comment on this? I don't mind the walk at all but we're going with my mom and dad and I'm going to be dragging them around enough at the parks, I don't want them to have to do much more walking back at the resort! LOL
Pop has been my "go to" resort since it opened. I've stayed in the 80s/90s sections many times. After three nights at AoA in a Mermaid room, I didn't feel like there was much of a difference in the distance, but it may be my imagination. If you get that Roger Rabbit building at Pop, it seems to me like you're walking just as far as you would to the Mermaid section. At AoA, you get to walk through the Lion King area to get to the LM rooms.

The thing at Pop is that there's a chance you could get something closer to the main building. At AoA, you know if you are in the LM section, you are going to have a little bit of a hike.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #1169
lynn71092
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, Pop Century is our resort of choice but since we were coming down on Sept. 14th, we wanted to try out LM. So on the 14th we stood at Pop since AoA wouldn't open until the 15th. Checked out and went to AoA on the 15th. As stated earlier the rsort is amazing but the walk to the Food Court is very far. Plus the 90 degree heat wasn't helping. If you have a car it shouldn't be an issue. If not, if you walk you might want to take your time and check out the scenery which is amazing from what I saw of the Lion King section. Plus we were in Building #8, which is the farthest from the Food Court. At Pop we always try to get the 70's section. Hope this helps!!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #1170
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

When we went a couple of years ago we were in the 50's section of POP and that walk was a little rough at the end of the day. The most annoying thing about it though was that it just added on to time to get out of the resort and to the buses. This trip we're staying at LM but we're driving there instead of flying, so we'll have the option to skip the buses. When we first saw the map of the resort and saw the difference between LM and the suites we looked at upgrading. The difference for a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids) is $1500! For that much I'll gladly walk. Plus with the number of miles we already will be walking each day an extra quarter to half mile a day won't hurt us.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: