Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #1141
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
When I booked a few days ago, I asked about bringing our own coffeemaker. Gotta have our Folgers. The CM said so long at it has an auto shut off. There's a plug in behind the round table that we were planning on using. Or use a plug in the sink area. Whether it's "allowed" or not I don't know, but we got approval from the CM so we're going on that.
We take our own all the time. I have even asked management before we even got there if it was ok. We just unplug it when we are done! I drink coffee all the time and I can't drink the coffee there
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #1142
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
Yes, both families would be in different buildings. Only the Little Mermaid section has standard rooms. The other sections are all suites: Lion King, Nemo and Cars.
If they went to the Lion King Suites and asked to be at the back and the other family in the Little Mermaid rooms asked to be towards the front then you'd be 'close' to each other at least.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #1143
opal
Mouseketeer

Just Back from the Mermaid!

The theming of this resort was amazing! Not just the resort, but the details in the rooms are amazing. Make sure to look carefully at the tile in the shower! Turned my 30 year old daughter back into the 8 year old little girl she was when The Little Mermaid movie first came out. It was the room she always dreamed of as a child!!! We enjoyed the Food Court for breakfast and an occasional snack. Food was hot and fresh! Our only complaint was the bus coming back from the MK on Sunday night. As we arrived at the bus stop, there were two busses pulling away. We waited a full half hour before we saw another Art of Animation bus arrive. By then there were hundreds of people waiting, just at our stop. After 14 hours on your feet, that was a little hard too take. I wouldn't wait that long in line for Soarin!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #1144
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parqueen View Post
No Starbucks????!!! Are there any on the DW site?
So within the WDW property, the Dolphin and Swan hotels are examples of locations that serves Starbucks. The first factor to note here is that these hotels are operated by Starwood, not Disney, so the food and beverage operations are different.

There has been an announcement within the last year that Disney will be adding locations to each of the six U.S. theme parks that serve Starbucks products. The only one open and operating right now is the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe at Disney California Adventure. When and where locations in any of the WDW parks (or the Disneyland park) will open is still TBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a place in the LM rooms where we can put and plug in our own coffee pot?
This has been adequately answered above, but wanted to add that the moderator of the Pop Century thread, Janet B, has previously confirmed with Disney that small coffee makers actually are allowed at that resort, so we can assume the same thing is okay for AoA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan1 View Post
I am sure this question is somewhere in this thread but after looking at 20 pages I can't see straight

If you are traveling with others and one family has a suite and another has a standard you would be in different buildings is this correct?

Thanks for any information provided
This was also answered above regarding that standard and suite rooms will be located in different sections/buildings, but it occurs to me that multiple suites could be located in different physical buildings within the same section, which is why people tend to want to request at least adjacent if not connecting rooms when they have more than one room in their party. (Although I think no suites have inner connecting doors, only LM does.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstgood View Post
if you got an upgrade from LM to a suite which would you choose?
I would choose the Cars section. I like the mini Cars Land theme of that section, plus I like the building 1 location at Pop Century so I would want the similar Cars building 1 at AoA. As long as we're speculating that is...

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #1145
popcenturylover
Mouseketeer

3 days!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #1146
RSHale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstgood View Post
if you got an upgrade from LM to a suite which would you choose?

2 MORE DAYS
I just got back from a three night stay in the LM section. I'll second what jcarwash said above and vote for the Cars suites. It's my least favorite of the four movies represented at the resort, but the exterior theming is great. I walked through the Cars area three or four times during my stay even though my room was on the other end of the resort.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #1147
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
There is also a way to override the sensor! If you press the power button and down arrow button at the same time, it will show "BP" on the thermostat, and the sensor will be bypassed.
We tried this a few weeks ago in the Lion King Suites and this did not work. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
We booked a Finding Nemo Suite for Nov 2-5. Does anyone have any recommendations on room requests? Is there a better location or building to be in? So many people staying in LM!
Thanks!
All the Finding Nemo Suites are close to the main buildling. I wouldn't have had an issue with any of them.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #1148
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
We booked a Finding Nemo Suite for Nov 2-5. Does anyone have any recommendations on room requests? Is there a better location or building to be in? So many people staying in LM!
Thanks!
Pretty much the only thing i heard in this regard is that if you want peace and quiet ask for a room which is not facing the pool. Seems like they play music and stuff until at least 10 at night.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #1149
tracyheartsmickey
Mouseketeer

Can anyone comment on the bus situation since LM section opened up?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #1150
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

I emailed my TA (we have AAA) to ask her if we could bring a small travel coffee maker in our carry on. She told us yes, but also called AoA and asked them if there were coffee makers in the LM rooms. She said that the CM told her yes but to bring the coffee maker anyway. I emailed her back and told her that per the people on Dis who stayed in the rooms, there is no coffee maker. It is another reason I am glad to be on this board!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #1151
hannahon
Mouseketeer

Drink station in LM section????

There was speculation that there might be one. Now that LM section is open, can anyone comment in this? Thanks!!!!

July 1987- Disneyland
December 1987- Disneyland with marching band. Marched on Main Street
August 1992- Offsite
July 1995- Dixie Landings-honeymoon
September 2008- ASMu- free dining!!!
October 2010- POP- free dining!!! surprise trip for the kids!!!!
October 2012- AoA- free dining
November 2013- POP- free dining and I get to see the Christmas decorations!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #1152
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Has anyone staying in the LM sections asked for or used a rollaway bed yet? Or brought a blow up? I'm planning on bringing an air mattress in Dec for my DD5 as she is impossible to share a bed with - and sharing a full with my 6'2 and broad husband isn't ideal. Both could be done but will equal no sleep for me.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #1153
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
The balloon is an awesome idea!! I am going to bring a few with us. You are talking about a regular balloon right? Not helium? If I bring a balloon and some ribbon, I could blow it up and leave it on a chair or something. I don't know how much it will move at night though.
i meant a helium balloon - like you can buy in the park...

i didnt know you could bypass the system by pressing on those buttons.

I'll try that when i'm there...

only 23 days from now!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #1154
parqueen
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Documents Came Yesterday!!!

I just got my AoA documents (approximately one month before my trip) and my Little Mermaid DVD in the mail all in the same day, how great is that. I'm getting so excited now. I also have the Cars 1 and 2 and Lion King. I just have to get Nemo. This month I'm going to have so much fun brushing up on my stories and characters before I go October 22. I know I will really appreciate the great theming at AoA when I go. Now if I can only get my husband to watch them with me it would be great too. LOL:hipp ie:
Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #1155
candeeapril
Disney is my happy thought...now if I could only fly

We've been watching Lion king, Little Mermaid, and Cars to get prepared for our trip too Tonight we are going to see Nemo in 3d. I can't wait it's my favorite movie!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: