Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #1081
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
thanks for the link!

regarding motion controlled A/C - we've found having a balloon in the room keeps the A/C going at night.

most (if not all) Disney resorts are motion controlled.
The ballon trick has worked every time.
The balloon is an awesome idea!! I am going to bring a few with us. You are talking about a regular balloon right? Not helium? If I bring a balloon and some ribbon, I could blow it up and leave it on a chair or something. I don't know how much it will move at night though.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #1082
Winue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6

The balloon is an awesome idea!! I am going to bring a few with us. You are talking about a regular balloon right? Not helium? If I bring a balloon and some ribbon, I could blow it up and leave it on a chair or something. I don't know how much it will move at night though.

I would assume a helium balloon. How could a dangling air filled one move around enough to cause the motion sensor to detect it? The helium one would blow with the a/c being dispensed. Of course, I could be wrong, but that seems to make more sense to me?
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #1083
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I saw someone had asked about the drawer space... Can't seem to find it now! (forgive me, I'm on the app and it's confusing me! Haha) but in case anyone is still wondering...
Personally for two of us, not enough drawer space. Lots of space for hanging clothes but not enough hangers. I would have liked to bring some cheap hangers and hang most of our clothes.
It is nice to have a fridge though
Old 09-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #1084
TSM
Mouseketeer

Just timed my walk from my room inbuilding 9 to animation hall (through lion king section)and ittook me 4 minutes.really not bad!no issues with temp in room at all staying very cool.no issues with bus last nightfrom Hollywood studios even leavint right after fa tasmic.walked right onto bus!!no issues with busses to parks either.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #1085
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Thanks TSM!
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 09-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #1086
ChiDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

love the look of the resort but those small beds and lack of drawer space will not work for our family of 3. Need good nights sleep when doing Disney! Back to Port Orleans we go, but will definitely visit the grounds.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #1087
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I saw someone had asked about the drawer space... Can't seem to find it now! (forgive me, I'm on the app and it's confusing me! Haha) but in case anyone is still wondering...
Personally for two of us, not enough drawer space. Lots of space for hanging clothes but not enough hangers. I would have liked to bring some cheap hangers and hang most of our clothes.
Thanks! Its just DH and I but I was still concerned it wouldn't be enough space. I think I might just go to the dollar store and get some cheap hangers or a storage space saver thing if I can find them. I dont want to take up too much room in my suitcase so I might just go with the hangers.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 09-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #1088
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Thanks! Its just DH and I but I was still concerned it wouldn't be enough space. I think I might just go to the dollar store and get some cheap hangers or a storage space saver thing if I can find them. I dont want to take up too much room in my suitcase so I might just go with the hangers.
you can always ask housekeeping for more hangers!

Old 09-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #1089
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winue
Quote:

Originally Posted by sixkristy6

I would assume a helium balloon. How could a dangling air filled one move around enough to cause the motion sensor to detect it? The helium one would blow with the a/c being dispensed. Of course, I could be wrong, but that seems to make more sense to me?
That's kind of what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure how long one would last.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #1090
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Can anyone please tell me if there is room for a roll away bed in the LM section? It's not like we're trying to sneak an extra person into our room. We only have three adults, but because of a sudden medical problem I need to sleep alone and the other two aren't able to sleep in just a double bed (queen sized maybe, but not double). Thanks. This is very important to me.
Thanks for all of the info that's coming thru; hope you're all having good weather and lots of fun!
The info for Pop Century is that rollaway beds are available, so perhaps we can assume the same for the LM rooms at AoA.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 09-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #1091
ChiDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

I second that request, may consider LM if roll-away beds are an option
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #1092
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
House keeping will give you more hangers.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #1093
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family

thanks for the link!

regarding motion controlled A/C - we've found having a balloon in the room keeps the A/C going at night.

most (if not all) Disney resorts are motion controlled.
The ballon trick has worked every time.
OMG!! I would never have thought of the balloon idea...awesome! Writing that one down.

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress
Old 09-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #1094
jimandami
DIS Veteran

There is also a way to override the sensor! If you press the power button and down arrow button at the same time, it will show "BP" on the thermostat, and the sensor will be bypassed.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #1095
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
There is also a way to override the sensor! If you press the power button and down arrow button at the same time, it will show "BP" on the thermostat, and the sensor will be bypassed.
Great hint - thanks for sharing. Seems a lot easier than a balloon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: