Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #1066
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I just looked at the video that was shot by AllEars of the inside of the LM rooms and it looks beautiful! One thing I did have a question about for the people who are planning on staying in those rooms or who have stayed there is, did your clothes fit into the drawers? They look pretty small. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on what to do about clothing storage? I dont really want to keep my clothes in our suitcases because its a pain to have to pull them out and dig through them. But I also dont want to spend a lot of money on an organizer or something of that sort, plus it would take up a lot of room in the suitcase. I was thinking about going to the dollar store and seeing if there was something cheap that would work for clothing storage there. Any ideas?
When we stay at Pop Century, I use a few fabric storage bins for extra "drawer" space. I bought them at Dollar Tree several years ago but all the Dollar Tree stores around me still carry them. They fold flat so they're easy to transport. I use the bins for the small stuff -- socks, undies, swim stuff, etc. and use the drawers for our shorts and shirts. I put the bins on the shelf in the "closet".
Old 09-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #1067
lemonpan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
At AoA right now and have to say it is beautiful!!!LM rooms are great!many extras from other values I e stayed!the walk really isn't that bad at all.we r in building 9 parking lot view and I would stay here again.sidewalk around parking lot which leads right to bus stop.I would request building 9 front half parking lot view.nice and quiet too and I know the area is full!!buses fine except last night abate MK waited hour and a half for bus!!!!pops was even longer than ours though!enjoying a great snack credit at landscape of flavors right now-oatmeal with brown sugar and nuts!yummy!
Wonderful!

And hearing the LM rooms are quiet made me so happy! We haven't stayed on property before and I worried that the hotel might be noisy. What floor are you on?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #1068
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

Cars Bldg 1-Walk to bus stop

Just diagnosed with a heel spur that may upset my trip a bit, AOA CARS bldg 1 does not look like a long walk to bus stop, anyone have any info?
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 Art Of Animation-Nemo Suite
Old 09-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #1069
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmtexas View Post
Just diagnosed with a heel spur that may upset my trip a bit, AOA CARS bldg 1 does not look like a long walk to bus stop, anyone have any info?
Me, also. It's quite painful. Not sure what this will mean for our trip. We leave in one week. Have been doing exercises and felt it was getting better, but today it is just as bad as ever. I ask for room close to the main building. Not that it will matter after walking all day at the parks.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ Dd(1)

Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #1070
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather View Post
Me, also. It's quite painful. Not sure what this will mean for our trip. We leave in one week. Have been doing exercises and felt it was getting better, but today it is just as bad as ever. I ask for room close to the main building. Not that it will matter after walking all day at the parks.
ICE your feet before bedtime EVERYDAY!!!!!

Even if your feet don't feel too bad, PLEASE ice them everynight. From my own past experience it makes a BIG difference! Hope you have a great trip!!!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #1071
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA
Quote:

Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather

Even if your feet don't feel too bad, PLEASE ice them everynight. From my own past experience it makes a BIG difference! Hope you have a great trip!!!
Ice for everyone or just for those with a heel spur?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Last edited by sixkristy6; 09-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #1072
Habbott
Mouseketeer

And get yourself some good tennis shoes. I would suggest stability running shoes. I suggest brooks either Ariel or Beast depending on gender. I wouldn't recommend the adrenaline as I don't like this years model (it is not as cushioned as previous years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post

Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #1073
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

Seeing the video and pictures have me excited for January. Can't wait!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #1074
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

I didn't see the article from all ears on here yet so here it is
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._mermai_1.html

Looks like the a/c is motion controlled. I did not see any posts here though about any issues w/it.

ETA: This is the best write up I have seen so far.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #1075
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

If you have foot problems and if your insurance will pay for it, get custom inserts for your shoes. I can't tell you what a difference this made for me( I broke my foot 3 yrs. ago, had surgery, and still have foot pain all over). Also, avoid walking barefooted or even in socks on non carpeted floors. My Dr. said that was one of the worst things you can do for a troubled foot. Wear shoes indoors. I hope this helps someone. I wish I had gotten my inserts sooner. We took a Christmas trip to WDW a few months after my surgery and inserts would have made a big difference for me.

I'm still wondering if anyone knows the walk time estimation from LM rooms to the food court. We were at POP and visited AOA and LM rooms looked so far away from the action.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 09-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #1076
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
If you have foot problems and if your insurance will pay for it, get custom inserts for your shoes. I can't tell you what a difference this made for me( I broke my foot 3 yrs. ago, had surgery, and still have foot pain all over). Also, avoid walking barefooted or even in socks on non carpeted floors. My Dr. said that was one of the worst things you can do for a troubled foot. Wear shoes indoors. I hope this helps someone. I wish I had gotten my inserts sooner. We took a Christmas trip to WDW a few months after my surgery and inserts would have made a big difference for me.

I'm still wondering if anyone knows the walk time estimation from LM rooms to the food court.
We were at POP and visited AOA and LM rooms looked so far away from the action.
I read a report someone wrote (I think on Dis) that said walking at a moderate pace, it was 6 minutes to the bus.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #1077
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Can anyone please tell me if there is room for a roll away bed in the LM section? It's not like we're trying to sneak an extra person into our room. We only have three adults, but because of a sudden medical problem I need to sleep alone and the other two aren't able to sleep in just a double bed (queen sized maybe, but not double). Thanks. This is very important to me.
Thanks for all of the info that's coming thru; hope you're all having good weather and lots of fun!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #1078
candy0730
DIS Veteran

I really don't know where you could fit a roll away bed. There's only about 2-3 feet in between the beds and between the bed and the wall. The only place that might work us if you moved the table and chairs from where they are. There is about maybe 6 feet by 5 feet of space. If it does fit there you would definitely have no room to walk around it.

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
Old 09-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #1079
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by singitalto View Post
Here right now, the hotel is really great- its everything that previous posters have said! You will not be disappointed!!!
We have had 2 glitches, (don't want to call it problems)
1. The Internet is pretty bad, so bad I was using 3G instead-I couldn't log on, then I called and they reset the modem.Better but It's very slow.
2. We stayed at Magic Kingdom last might for emh, when the park closed at midnight, we found the bus line loooong. Like it took 5 busses , before we got on one. The problem was it took almost an hour to get on the bus!! I have never seen it like this. We were the one of the last resorts left, us and pop!!!! I mean the other hotels lines were gone for like 20 min and we still had long lines!!!!! Finally after a few people complained some more buses came( after 1am!!!) I'm hoping it was a fluke, I have been to Wdw many times and this was a first. I was gonna call and complain but after this post I am gonna forget it, (it was very stressful)That was only one thing and I'm sure it was just an isolated thing.
Everyone have a great vacation!!!!!!
you should complain about the bus service after EMH - if you don't complain they won't know that it happened and that people are upset about it.

The suits upstairs don't always know what's going on in operations.
They need to be told - by complaining - so that they can fix it.

So by all means, go to the front desk of AoA and ask for a complaint form and also tell them about it.
But don't just tell them verbally, fill out a complaint form.
If no one complains, it won't be fixed.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #1080
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
I didn't see the article from all ears on here yet so here it is
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp..._mermai_1.html

Looks like the a/c is motion controlled. I did not see any posts here though about any issues w/it.

ETA: This is the best write up I have seen so far.
thanks for the link!

regarding motion controlled A/C - we've found having a balloon in the room keeps the A/C going at night.

most (if not all) Disney resorts are motion controlled.
The ballon trick has worked every time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: