Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #1006
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsmills View Post
77 days to check in for us. Counting them down 1 by 1.
70 for us; it's getting so exciting, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
Alas it is in the pool of wishful thinking - rumor has been denied. Drink station at Big Blue and LoF
The 'pool of wishful thinking'?

Could someone please eye up the LM room and tell me if you think that there is anyway that a roll away bed could be used? We only have 3 adults in our room, but need the separate (extra roll away bed) for unexpected medical reasons. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #1007
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
LM check in report:

We landed at 1:50. We had to wait about 25 minutes for a ME bus. (Long line, got on 2nd bus that came) AoA was the first stop. I power walked past the newbies in to the lobby, fully expecting it to be packed. No one in line! I wait about 30 seconds and then someone took my ID and brought me my packet off to the side. (all the desks were full) While she was gone getting my packet, 3 people asked me of I had been helped!

There was a mixup with the packages - my name was on the front, but someone else's stuff was on it. She fixed it pretty quickly. They were handing out cookies and lemonade in the lobby, too. At that point, after no lunch, it was a welcome snack.

As we looked outside, it was sprinkling. We decided to go on to our room, and the skies opened up on us. ( that's why my kids look like drowned rats on the video)

Room is awesome clean and smells like fresh paint. Don't notice it anymore, though. Come to find out we have no hot water, though. It's 9:00 and I need to put my kids to bed. Someone is supposed to be on their way out to fix it.

Beds are nice and firm, and so are the pillows. Haven't had a chance to explore much with the rain.
Thanks for sharing! I have 2 questions if you see this (since I will expect you will be having fun on your vacation not hanging out on Dis all day!)

This will seem like an odd question, but are there plastic (not glass) cups in the room at all? I know most hotels have them in the bathrooms or near a coffeemaker (yes I know, there is not one in LM).

Also, if you happen to see it, how early/late can you use the drink stations (at both locations). I thought I read 6am-11pm but I could be wrong.
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #1008
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama loves planning View Post
Hi there, we are arriving in 4 days and I have been trying to phone AoA with our room requests but the number doesn't seem to work. As I am calling from the other side of the globe, I don't want to keep trying different numbers! Could you please let me know what phone number you used to speak to AoA about room requests? Thanks in advance!
Me again. They sent me the email confirmation with my requests, but they were wrong, so I called the hotel directly at (407)938-7000. They answered immediately and I was on hold for about 2 minutes. She noted my requests and was super super nice.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(10) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

Old 09-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #1009
candy0730
DIS Veteran

There are 4 plastic cups on the bathroom sink.

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
Old 09-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #1010
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6

Thanks for sharing! I have 2 questions if you see this (since I will expect you will be having fun on your vacation not hanging out on Dis all day!)

This will seem like an odd question, but are there plastic (not glass) cups in the room at all? I know most hotels have them in the bathrooms or near a coffeemaker (yes I know, there is not one in LM).

Also, if you happen to see it, how early/late can you use the drink stations (at both locations). I thought I read 6am-11pm but I could be wrong.
There are plastic cups in the room. Just had a beverage in one!

Old 09-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #1011
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb
LM check in report:

We landed at 1:50. We had to wait about 25 minutes for a ME bus. (Long line, got on 2nd bus that came) AoA was the first stop. I power walked past the newbies in to the lobby, fully expecting it to be packed. No one in line! I wait about 30 seconds and then someone took my ID and brought me my packet off to the side. (all the desks were full) While she was gone getting my packet, 3 people asked me of I had been helped!

There was a mixup with the packages - my name was on the front, but someone else's stuff was on it. She fixed it pretty quickly. They were handing out cookies and lemonade in the lobby, too. At that point, after no lunch, it was a welcome snack.

As we looked outside, it was sprinkling. We decided to go on to our room, and the skies opened up on us. ( that's why my kids look like drowned rats on the video)

Room is awesome clean and smells like fresh paint. Don't notice it anymore, though. Come to find out we have no hot water, though. It's 9:00 and I need to put my kids to bed. Someone is supposed to be on their way out to fix it.

Beds are nice and firm, and so are the pillows. Haven't had a chance to explore much with the rain.
We had to move. They couldn't fix our hot water tonight. And guess what! LM was full, so we got a Cars suite at no extra charge! SCORE,

Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #1012
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had to move. They couldn't fix our hot water tonight. And guess what! LM was full, so we got a Cars suite at no extra charge! SCORE,
Awesome! Do you stay there for your whole stay or are they moving you back?

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(10) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

Old 09-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #1013
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather

Awesome! Do you stay there for your whole stay or are they moving you back?
We get to stay here both nights. The 2 nights on LM was just and add on to our 9 dar stay at CSR. I really wanted to experience the resort and pools. And let me tell you, the Cars section outside is AWESOME.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #1014
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We get to stay here both nights. The 2 nights on LM was just and add on to our 9 dar stay at CSR. I really wanted to experience the resort and pools. And let me tell you, the Cars section outside is AWESOME.
That's really great! You got to check out the LM rooms and the Cars suites in one trip.
I'm just so excited to get there and walk around.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #1015
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is totally awesome. Although it would totally ruin my window decoration plans!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #1016
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy0730 View Post
There are 4 plastic cups on the bathroom sink.
Quote:
There are plastic cups in the room. Just had a beverage in one!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Awesome!!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #1017
Mama loves planning
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather View Post
Me again. They sent me the email confirmation with my requests, but they were wrong, so I called the hotel directly at (407)938-7000. They answered immediately and I was on hold for about 2 minutes. She noted my requests and was super super nice.
Thank you Mistress Merryweather. I will try to call in the morning Sydney time. I love how everyone on the Dis is so helpful, especially to those of us so far away! Just noticed our ticker says 3 days! Excited much? Yippee!!! (Not forgetting we have to endure 19 flying hours to get there ) Disney will make everything better My kids still don't know we are staying at LM. I love surprises!

DH ME DS12 DS9 G'ma
Old 09-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #1018
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Thanks for all the great posts!! So excited for our trip in November. I know my DSD6 is going to LOVE the LM room!!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062
Old 09-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #1019
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
That is totally awesome. Although it would totally ruin my window decoration plans!
Same here! We are even wearing LM garb on check-in day, but all that extra space would be nice.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 09-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #1020
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Luckily, the kids weren't a bit sad.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: