Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #961
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer
 
AshleyD1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177
Have a magical day 1st dayers!! Can't wait to hear the updates!!
I second this!
__________________
Our First Disney World Trip - April 26-30, 2012 - Polynesian Resort
AshleyD1983 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #962
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer
 
AshleyD1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy0730
We are leaving for the airport in 1 hour! I can't believe the day has come at last. I haven't shown my family any pictures because I want to see the look on their faces when they see how awesome the resort is.

Hopefully check in won't be too crazy.

I hope everyone has a magical trip!
Awwww how exciting! I hope you guys have a super magical trip! I think I speak for all of us in saying that we can't wait to see pics and updates.
__________________
Our First Disney World Trip - April 26-30, 2012 - Polynesian Resort
AshleyD1983 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #963
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The city that smells like Cheerios
Posts: 591

LM opens today!!!

Since I have seen some of the photos, I am more interested in hearing about the details of the room (well and if there is a drink station in the LM area but it sounds like the answer is no....same for coffee makers).
__________________
sixkristy6 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #964
jenaemmaFL
I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything.
 
jenaemmaFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
LM opens today!!!

Since I have seen some of the photos, I am more interested in hearing about the details of the room (well and if there is a drink station in the LM area but it sounds like the answer is no....same for coffee makers).
There are no coffee makers in the room (I don't think any value resorts have them?) The fridge also did not have a freezer section, like I thought it would. I did not see a drink station at all in the LM section, but I was not looking specifically for it, so not 100% on that one.
__________________
Mom 39 DD 3 DD 19
~Since birth..too many magical visits to count!~And now DD is earning her ears! As a Restaurantosarus Fry Girl
jenaemmaFL is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #965
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The city that smells like Cheerios
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaemmaFL View Post
There are no coffee makers in the room (I don't think any value resorts have them?) The fridge also did not have a freezer section, like I thought it would. I did not see a drink station at all in the LM section, but I was not looking specifically for it, so not 100% on that one.
Thanks, I knew there wouldn't be. I don't intend on putting anything in a freezer section but I am not surprised one is not there anyway.

It's 29 days for us and I am so excited! Especially now that it's open!
__________________
sixkristy6 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #966
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed
 
dnsmills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 388

77 days to check in for us. Counting them down 1 by 1.
__________________
All Star Movies - Dec 2004
Pop Century - Dec 2010
Disneyland - June 2012
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
dnsmills is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #967
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran
 
KittyKat1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 990

8 days for me. I have been out of town for the last 2 weeks and just got back yesterday. I can't wait to see pictures of the rooms!
__________________
WDW - ASMu Sept 09/ Pop Sept 11/ AoA Sept 12/ POR RR May 13/ POFQ Nov 13/ BC May 14

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #968
Shykat
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 40

I arrive October 16 so that's pretty much 1 month and 1 day. I'm very excited to be staying on property this time.

Some perks I'm looking forward to are shipping purchases back to the room instead of having to carry them around.

Not driving is a simi perk. I don't really mind that as I use my gps and have no trouble getting from point a to b that way.

I will miss not having a washer and dryer in my room as I have had when staying in my usual condo but, I always can run a quick wash near the pool and read/relax for a bit there. Just have to remember to bring my 3-in-1 Purex sheets.

I'm watching this group closely to see postings for the LM rooms... and some more of the food at the food court!

Jan
__________________
Shykat is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #969
jenlov
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282

I have been stalking the AoA threads all morning! Can't believe no one has posted pics yet!
jenlov is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #970
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran
 
squirrel4569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 902

We're down to 63 days before our stay at AoA LM.

Really hoping to hear that a drink station will be near the LM rooms so we don't have to make the quarter mile hike to the food court for a drink, but with the fridge in our room that will allow us to keep some stuff in the room rather than using the mugs at the drink station if there isn't one close.

Looking forward to pictures of the pool and lounge area too. We'll be arriving early in the day on our first day so we may spend some time hanging out at the pool until our room is ready.
__________________
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #971
jenaemmaFL
I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything.
 
jenaemmaFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlov View Post
I have been stalking the AoA threads all morning! Can't believe no one has posted pics yet!
I posted some several days ago! I was only there for a day, and in my excitement, the pics did not come out so top notch..but it is something!

Here is the link to them:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenaemma/
__________________
Mom 39 DD 3 DD 19
~Since birth..too many magical visits to count!~And now DD is earning her ears! As a Restaurantosarus Fry Girl
jenaemmaFL is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #972
MWillis
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569
We're down to 63 days before our stay at AoA LM.

Really hoping to hear that a drink station will be near the LM rooms so we don't have to make the quarter mile hike to the food court for a drink, but with the fridge in our room that will allow us to keep some stuff in the room rather than using the mugs at the drink station if there isn't one close.

Looking forward to pictures of the pool and lounge area too. We'll be arriving early in the day on our first day so we may spend some time hanging out at the pool until our room is ready.
No drink station in LM area. Only in food court and the big pool.
MWillis is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #973
Arspring99
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15

My first post! Going next week and staying in the LM suites! Couldnt be more excited. How is the weather?
Arspring99 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #974
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer
 
AshleyD1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaemmaFL View Post
I posted some several days ago! I was only there for a day, and in my excitement, the pics did not come out so top notch..but it is something!

Here is the link to them:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenaemma/
Thanks for sharing!!!
__________________
Our First Disney World Trip - April 26-30, 2012 - Polynesian Resort
AshleyD1983 is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #975
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran
 
squirrel4569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillis View Post
No drink station in LM area. Only in food court and the big pool.
Waah! Oh well, we'll survive.
__________________
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: