Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #901
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop's Mom View Post
I actually like the LM rooms, they are super cute and more fun than a regular All Stars room, which is what I was expecting. We would stay there in a heartbeat (and I am a hotel snob), but honestly the distance of the rooms puts us off. At the end of the day, the last thing we want to do is take a half mile hike to our room. Its also a pain just for grabbing a refill too.
Yes, I am still waiting for some definitive report on whether or not there is the speculated separate drink refill station out at LM. It's still early, but no one is rushing to report one...

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 09-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #902
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, I am still waiting for some definitive report on whether or not there is the speculated separate drink refill station out at LM. It's still early, but no one is rushing to report one...
I think this may be the rumor that was shot down as there is seperate themed eating areas at the food court and the LM eating section has it's own drink station.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #903
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I think this may be the rumor that was shot down as there is seperate themed eating areas at the food court and the LM eating section has it's own drink station.
I agree; generally I've been skeptical that there would actually be a drink station located in the LM section, and likely the source of the idea came from the LM section of Landscape of Flavors.

As the LM section is now open, it will be interesting to confirm that there is no drink station out there. Glad to be surprised -- perhaps Ariel has a soda fountain dispenser among her collection...

"I've got sodas and coffee aplenty...I've got punches and water galore...you want Coke flavors? I've got three!"

Old 09-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #904
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
I'm sorry that people are feeling let down by the LM area, but it's your vacation and money so you should definitely do what you think is best! I however cannot wait for my DD5 to see all this - she is going to love love love it!
I feel the same way and I can't wait to get there in just over a week! DD4 is going around telling everyone how she's staying at "Ariel's place". And I have to admit I'm happy about staying in a place that will only be open for a short time when we get there!

Just returned from a fabulous trip, no planned trips at this time.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #905
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
I don't think the disappointment was actually about LM as much as FN and Cars was SO themed and had lots of stuff and LM is pretty on par with every other value as far as extras and it was just sort of normal compared to the suites areas.
Exactly! That and the pool seems a little small for how many rooms are in the section. But I am still waiting to read more reports before I make up my mind about switching. I was impressed by the LM interior photos though!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 09-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #906
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

i had heard the lm rooms with have a fridge but have not seen one in any pictures. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #907
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

For those that have stayed in the suites, how comfortable are the sofa and murphy beds for adults? Would they be able to accommodate larger adults that are 200+ pounds?
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #908
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Theres's a photo upthread. It's the small square dorm fridges and it is in the cabniet in front of the beds and under the tv.

No on the coffee pots, not that Disney actually serves coffee.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #909
jenaemmaFL
I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything.

Quote:
I don't think the disappointment was actually about LM as much as FN and Cars was SO themed and had lots of stuff and LM is pretty on par with every other value as far as extras and it was just sort of normal compared to the suites areas.
Oh, Ok, I gotcha..I thought the whole place was pure amazement, but I could see how other people would feel this way. Thanks for the clarification
Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #910
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"I've got sodas and coffee aplenty...I've got punches and water galore...you want Coke flavors? I've got three!"

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #911
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom88 View Post
Hello all!!! Loving the thread so far
I have a question about bed rails... when should I request it? And do they usually give you one or two? (like for each side of the bed?) TIA
The last few times we've needed bed rails at Pop I've just requested them when we checked in. You can ask for 2 if that's what you want (I've done that when the child was sleeping alone in the bed. If they were sharing with an older sibling I just asked for one.) They're delivered to your room shortly after you request them. On our last visit we left the front desk, walked out front door to the car to grab a few small bags, and then went straight to the room and when we opened the door, the bed rails were already in the room.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #912
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

Quote:
Who cares? No big deal. I want more!
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #913
Betsy82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There was not a soda station in LM that was obvious to me.

I looked for one in all the public areas and found nothing.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #914
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy82 View Post
There was not a soda station in LM that was obvious to me.

I looked for one in all the public areas and found nothing.
Thanks so much for looking. Unfortunately this is what I expected. Without any kind of obvious food service area, it seemed unlikely there would be a drink refill station in LM.

Last edited by jcarwash; 09-13-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #915
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

If you stay in the LM section, can you go to the other pools (finding nemo, etc)? Can you go to the drink stations in the other buildings?
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: