Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #796
Highway in the Sky
Earning My Ears

Looking great for LM!
Though I won't lie, very disappointed in the pool. They should have had Sebastion or something at least with some water effect going into the pool. But at the same time, there are other pools. However, considering its the only area with standard rooms, they should have done more theming.

Still excited though and can't wait to be there next week!!!! Happy to be one of the first to stay at the resort. Although I'm usually against staying at values, I'm sure I will not regret the switch this time as it really does seem to be a step above and it looks like it will be lots of fun to take a nice walk through the property, especially in the evenings!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #797
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

OK, I am not impressed with the LM section, especially the pool area.... Now I am thinking about switching my reservation to POP preferred location.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #798
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr
OK, I am not impressed with the LM section, especially the pool area.... Now I am thinking about switching my reservation to POP preferred location.
I'm with you a little bit on this. I dont love the pool. I'm a little worried about the distance from the main building. I'm just not sure now. The pool really has me reconsidering. I do love POP too so it wouldn't be an awful thing if I had to switch. Im really second-guessing.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #799
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
I read on a blog that AoA has real brewed coffee, but I thought the food court had Nescafe. Any idea?
I'm 99% sure the food court coffee is the same Nescafe as everywhere else.

Maybe this fact is coming from that the suites have in-room coffee makers where you can brew your own coffee that's not Nescafe.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 09-12-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #800
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky33006 View Post
I'm with you a little bit on this. I dont love the pool. I'm a little worried about the distance from the main building. I'm just not sure now. The pool really has me reconsidering. I do love POP too so it wouldn't be an awful thing if I had to switch. Im really second-guessing.
We are really torn right now. We have never stayed at POP so either resort would be a new experience for us..... For now, I will keep our reservation for AoA. Has anyone confirmed that there will be a refillable mug station at the LM pool?
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #801
vicky33006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr

We are really torn right now. We have never stayed at POP so either resort would be a new experience for us..... For now, I will keep our reservation for AoA. Has anyone confirmed that there will be a refillable mug station at the LM pool?
The mug station would be huge for us too! That would negate the concern over the distance to the food court. I do love POP, but I'm sticking with AoA for now too. I want to hear others experiences in the rooms before making any decisions.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #802
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I like the Little Mermaid section but the pool is a little off. I saw some night pics and it is gorgeous!! I have to say I think the Little Mermaid section is still better than Lion King with the exception of that huge tree branch with Simba on it!

I am looking forward to staying here in exactly 50 days!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 09-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #803
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Just so excited every new picture is sooo awesome!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #804
Sunshinepixie27
Earning My Ears

Sigh. I have to admit I am a little underwhelmed at LM. I do hope there is a drink refill station as that will be its only saving grace for me. (Walking back and forth to the main building for a refill that would be consumed by the time I get to my room would be too much for my pooped feet to handle I think.) Too bad we leave in 17 days, if I had more time, I think I would try to switch our Ressie back to POFQ. Please don't flame me....I was just so excited to see Cars and Nemo and am very said that the ball seemed to be dropped on the last two sections to open.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #805
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

LM looks kind of lame to me. While I agree with most that the LK section was underwhelming as well, having stayed there I think it's beautiful and serene. I think they dropped the ball on LM. Combined with the distance to the food court and buses, can't see myself ever wanting to stay there.
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #806
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Ok this is a question for those that have already been.

1.) Do they have speakers in the landscape around the resort that play different songs or parts of the movie pertaining to what section you are in.
Like for instance around the LK section do they have songs play from the movie like "The Cirlcle of Life" etc or any sound clips from the movie (character talking parts)?
Just curious if that was something Disney did?

2.) Also for those that have heard the audio in the Nemo pool.....What is the audio? Is parts of the movie or songs etc? Or is it just radio music not pertaining to the resort?

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 09-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #807
candeeapril
Disney is my happy thought...now if I could only fly

I have always ordered food and water bottles from gardengrocer, but this year it's just my family going and I will only need water bottles. What is the best place to order from?? Costco, walmart, etc

Old 09-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #808
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I'm sorry so many are disappointed in LM. At least those coming after will have a more realistic mind set. I know that AoA LM rooms are not priced too far off of the other values so I wasn't really expecting much at all. Hopefully I'll be happy with the food court which is kinda why I booked there, well that and I only needed a night before I checked into my Mod.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Old 09-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #809
Highway in the Sky
Earning My Ears

Its just tough after making an exception for this resort even though it was a value, and now to be somewhat disappointed. Part of me would rather switch to POR because I LOVE the boat service. Huge time saver when needing to get to DTD for transportation reasons for Dinner reservations. Unless the buses are good at AoA??? Or even switching back to Caribbean Beach which we originally were booked.

I dunno what to do now, part of me wants to switch
No, I can't.....don't knock it until you try it! It will be nice to be one of the first to ever stay in the room and maybe I will end up loving it still
Old 09-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #810
candy0730
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candeeapril View Post
I have always ordered food and water bottles from gardengrocer, but this year it's just my family going and I will only need water bottles. What is the best place to order from?? Costco, walmart, etc
I placed an order with Walmart a few days ago. The total was $13.35 for 3 cases of water. Hopefully the water will be there when we arrive.

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: