Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #646
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Totally psyched!!! I am going on the Disney fantasy and just booked art of animation LM room for my precruise hotel hotdog! Haha
Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #647
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Finally booked for the first week in April. We are going to WDW in January and I just couldn't decide where to stay for Easter break since we have another trip planned between now and then (this is the first time we have ever had two trips planned in the same year). We will be at WBC over NYE and I was waiting to decide on a resort that has a waterslide in case it is too cold to swim over the holidays and the kids miss out on using WBC to the fullest. Reality is, I am always an early planner so I was starting to get nervous about not having something booked for spring break. Knowing that we will more than likley not get an AP rate over Easter, I went with the next obvious choice.... staying in a new LM room! So we are booked for 3/29-4/6 and I know DD8 and DS5 will love checking out the new resort!!! And based on the number of people here that are staying in the LM rooms, I am glad that I have it booked because who knows how long there will be availability. As with all of my WDW planning...better safe than sorry!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #648
xApril
DIS Veteran

My friend and I spent the night in a LK suite on Saturday. We were in Building 6 with a good view of either Mufasa or Simba (I'm such a huge fan of the movie but I can never tell the difference between them). We checked out both the Cozy Cones pool and the Big Blue Pool. Our favorite was easily the Big Blue Pool. Loved the audio underwater. I enjoyed the food -- I had the pasta for dinner, then the World of Flavors for breakfast.

We loved it and did not want to leave! We only wished that they had DVD players available so we could've watched the Lion King. We did get to see their evening movie. We talked to someone in the lobby and apparently Saturday was their first day not having it at the pool. They had it in the Lion King courtyard, basically right by the Mufasa or Simba that we saw from our room. If there hadn't been a tree, we could've stayed in the room and watched without audio. They played UP, which was nice. My friend loves the movie and I hadn't seen it before, so it worked out well.

I slept on the pull-out bed on the table, which was mainly because Simba was over my head, haha. I thought it was comfortable and I slept pretty well. My only complaint was the noise. We slept till about 9am, and around 7/8am, everyone was up and walking around in the halls and of course, kids were making noise so it disturbed me as I was right by the door and could hear it all. My friend slept in the bedroom with the door shut and heard no noise.

I wish we could've stayed forever, but I'm sure we'll be back sometime in the future.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #649
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApril View Post
My only complaint was the noise. We slept till about 9am, and around 7/8am, everyone was up and walking around in the halls and of course, kids were making noise so it disturbed me as I was right by the door and could hear it all. My friend slept in the bedroom with the door shut and heard no noise.
Thanks for the review! I'll never understand why people think everyone else should be awake just because they are awake.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 09-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #650
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
Thanks for the review! I'll never understand why people think everyone else should be awake just because they are awake.
I always tell my troop that if we wake everyone else up, they will get there before us. Shhhhhhhhhhh.

ps. nice review!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #651
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApril View Post
My friend and I spent the night in a LK suite on Saturday. We were in Building 6 with a good view of either Mufasa or Simba (I'm such a huge fan of the movie but I can never tell the difference between them). We checked out both the Cozy Cones pool and the Big Blue Pool. Our favorite was easily the Big Blue Pool. Loved the audio underwater. I enjoyed the food -- I had the pasta for dinner, then the World of Flavors for breakfast.

We loved it and did not want to leave! We only wished that they had DVD players available so we could've watched the Lion King. We did get to see their evening movie. We talked to someone in the lobby and apparently Saturday was their first day not having it at the pool. They had it in the Lion King courtyard, basically right by the Mufasa or Simba that we saw from our room. If there hadn't been a tree, we could've stayed in the room and watched without audio. They played UP, which was nice. My friend loves the movie and I hadn't seen it before, so it worked out well.

I slept on the pull-out bed on the table, which was mainly because Simba was over my head, haha. I thought it was comfortable and I slept pretty well. My only complaint was the noise. We slept till about 9am, and around 7/8am, everyone was up and walking around in the halls and of course, kids were making noise so it disturbed me as I was right by the door and could hear it all. My friend slept in the bedroom with the door shut and heard no noise.

I wish we could've stayed forever, but I'm sure we'll be back sometime in the future.
We would love a water view when we stay at LK in Dec. Do you know what room numbers we should request to get a water view?

Thanks for the review - enjoyed it.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #652
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana

We would love a water view when we stay at LK in Dec. Do you know what room numbers we should request to get a water view?

Thanks for the review - enjoyed it.
We had 6610. This was second floor. The water wasn't super close because there is an expanse of grass and a walkway. But it was a pretty view of the lake and a great view of POP on the other side.

6610 was a nice location because it is relatively close to the outside stairs, closest to the pool and main hub. If you feel like walking the stairs, it is quicker than going through the main doors and using the elevator.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #653
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie View Post
We had 6610. This was second floor. The water wasn't super close because there is an expanse of grass and a walkway. But it was a pretty view of the lake and a great view of POP on the other side.

6610 was a nice location because it is relatively close to the outside stairs, closest to the pool and main hub. If you feel like walking the stairs, it is quicker than going through the main doors and using the elevator.
Thanks so much - just the info I needed. Sounds like the location we are looking for. Thanks again
Old 09-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #654
jenjie
DIS Veteran

No problem. I'll post a photo of the view later.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #655
popcenturylover
Mouseketeer

19 days- LMR!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #656
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
I always tell my troop that if we wake everyone else up, they will get there before us. Shhhhhhhhhhh.

ps. nice review!

LOL....Love that what a cute thing. ll have to use that with my troop when we are there in November - December this year.

I cant wait to go and all these reviews and updates on the resort are making me even more excited

Oh my goodness how am I going to get through the next 2 months and approx 3 weeks until we arrive

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #657
candeeapril
Disney is my happy thought...now if I could only fly

Can't wait to be at the Nemo suites!!! I want to get nemo balloons delviered to surprise my little guy. Will they put them in our room or the front desk?

Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #658
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Has anyone tried to ship to AOA yet for their stay.
Our family wants to ship a box of diapers, wipes, gluten free snacks, gerber graduate snacks for our little one etc?
I know others have shipped to other on property resors and we will use UPS but I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with AOA yet?

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #659
Loftus
Don't vote...it only encourages them.

Can anyone who has been recently (or who is there now) confirm that they still sell cases of water in the food court please?

Ta.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #660
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Pop/AoA movie schedule September

Courtesy of Janet B on the Pop Century FAQ thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
MOVIE SCHEDULES

POP Century: 8:30PM - By the Hippy Dippy Pool

Sunday - A Goofy Movie
Monday - Dumbo
Tuesday - Hercules
Wednesday -The Emperor’s New Groove
Thursday - Lady and the Tramp
Friday - Meet the Robinson's
Saturday - Pocahontas

And, for our "unofficial" sister resort across the bridge ....

Art of Animation: 8:30PM by the Big Blue Pool

Sunday - Pocahontas
Monday - Alice in Wonderland (original)
Tuesday - Toy Story 2
Wednesday - The Lion King
Thursday - Camp Rock
Friday - Oliver and Company
Saturday - UP!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread