Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #571
ollyg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I was talking about the November offer. The deal back in March was for August/September.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
I will make sure I give you the "skinny"

I am a little nervous about it being hot and humid, but we wanted to be there for Olivia's birthday, which is October 5, so we had no choice. She does not know that we are going anywhere let alone Disney. We have family in Orlando and Melbourne so I plan on telling her we are going to The Villages to visit Uncle Bob and Aunt Marlene. She will not find out until we get to the Magical Express.

DH Me DD (8)
2009 WL---2010/2011 POP
September 2012 AOA
September 2013 POR
September 2014 POR
Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #572
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyg View Post

I am a little nervous about it being hot and humid, but we wanted to be there for Olivia's birthday, which is October 5, so we had no choice. She does not know that we are going anywhere let alone Disney. We have family in Orlando and Melbourne so I plan on telling her we are going to The Villages to visit Uncle Bob and Aunt Marlene. She will not find out until we get to the Magical Express.
Sounds awesome! I would love to surprise my daughter, but just don't know how to keep a secret! Now tha she's in middle school, I think this could be our last December trip. So I really am going to need the lowdown on October weather.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #573
stephie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We will be there the same time as you celebrating my DD 7th bday as well! This is her 2nd bday trip and in 2009 it was HOT! But were headed back anyway lol
February 2010-CBR
February 2011-offsite Star Island
Sept/Oct 2012 AoA
Old 08-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #574
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston

Yes that's the norm for values and they do lack luxury but for us, we'd rather stay for 8,9,10 days at a value then at a mod or deluxe for a much shorter time.

Beware you will find surprise enjoyment in the value resort, and you may not miss the luxuries! :-)
We're now planning our first stay at a value after all deluxes. I'm looking forward to the surprise enjoyment at AoA . What a great outlook!

Contemporary Sept 2009 • Contemporary Nov 2010 • AKL Sept 2011 • Contemporary Sept 2012 • AoA Sept 2013 • The Cabins Oct 2014
Old 08-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #575
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie1012 View Post
We will be there the same time as you celebrating my DD 7th bday as well! This is her 2nd bday trip and in 2009 it was HOT! But were headed back anyway lol
We were there for my daughter's birthday a week earlier in 09. That was certainly one for the record books.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #576
ollyg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Happy Birthday to your DD! Are you in the LM section? Maybe we will see you there

I am hoping that the temps in 2009 were a fluke.

DH Me DD (8)
2009 WL---2010/2011 POP
September 2012 AOA
September 2013 POR
September 2014 POR
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #577
ABDisney
Earning My Ears

Firstly, thanks everyone for so much information, makes planning so much easier. We have been to WDW and DL 5 times with different age groups. This time we'll be taking our 4 1/2year old nephew and I'm torn between booking A of A or All stars Movies. We do not need a family suite since there's only 3 of us and the standard room is themed little mermaid. Do you think the room is too girly for a boy? Also is it a long hike to the main pool and reception area? thanks in advance for your opinions.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #578
Jessij25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDisney
Firstly, thanks everyone for so much information, makes planning so much easier. We have been to WDW and DL 5 times with different age groups. This time we'll be taking our 4 1/2year old nephew and I'm torn between booking A of A or All stars Movies. We do not need a family suite since there's only 3 of us and the standard room is themed little mermaid. Do you think the room is too girly for a boy? Also is it a long hike to the main pool and reception area? thanks in advance for your opinions.
My DBFF and her boys are booking LM. The CM told her that the rooms were not girlie at all. Just like you she doesn't need a suite I'm a family of five so we booked Nemo suite.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Off site- 1989 & 2000
Old 08-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #579
stephie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Birthday to your DD! Are you in the LM section? Maybe we will see you there

I am hoping that the temps in 2009 were a fluke.
We are staying in the LM section....i really hope that heat was a fluke lol we moved last year more south so we are kind of getting used to it though.
February 2010-CBR
February 2011-offsite Star Island
Sept/Oct 2012 AoA
Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #580
DW2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We were there September 27-30 in 2010 to celebrate my DD's birthday which is October 2nd, and it was hot. I want to say the temps were in the 90's! We'll be at AOA from October 1-5 this year to celebrate DD's 6th birthday .
Old 08-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #581
jenaemmaFL
I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything.

Quote:
I remember early Oct 2009 was hot, but then I also remember Oct 17th, 2009 was freezing cold! I remember this distinctly b/c I just had had my daughter, and that was the day I brought her home from the hospital, and I only had a light cotton dress to bring her home in! I had to borrow several blankets from them to wrap and bundle her up. So basically, from living in Florida in October, one day could be a scorcher, the next day freezing. You just never know. And I just realized this really doesn't help anyone out at all, does it?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #582
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Does anyone happen to know what the weather is usually like in late November and early December?
Is there any chance we could deal with hot humid conditions???

We spent one of our vacations several years back in late August early September at the Boardwalk Villas (it was our first ever trip to Florida) and it was super hot and the humidity made it even worse.
All I can remember is that my clothes were sticking to me like glue and it was so annoying and uncomfortable.

Im hoping and praying that this isnt the trend for late November and early December.

We will be at AOA from November 28th through December 9th and I am praying for nice cool weather

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #583
jenaemmaFL
I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkandPooh View Post
Does anyone happen to know what the weather is usually like in late November and early December?

We spent one of our vacations several years back in late August early September at the Boardwalk Villas (it was our first ever trip to Florida) and it was super hot and the humidity made it even worse.
All I can remember is that my clothes were sticking to me like glue and it was so annoying and uncomfortable.

Im hoping and praying that this isnt the trend for late November and early December.

We will be at AOA from November 28th through December 9th and I am praying for nice cool weather
The temps in late November and early Dec are never anything like August temps, so don't worry about that. From all my years of living in Central FL, August/Early September are always the hottest, muggiest and stickiest of all. Your dates could either be warm and manageable, nice and an even cool, to even chilly. But I can guarantee with 99% certainty, nothing like August! I think you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased
Old 08-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #584
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkandPooh View Post

Hey TinkandPooh, we are going to be at AoA from 11/27-11/30. We are planning on staying in the Little Mermaid wing for my DD, but she doesn't know it. I don't plan on telling her until we leave. Partly because I like doing surprises, and partly just in case I need to change our accommodations at the last minute. I could certainly stay somewhere cheaper, but this is new, based on her favorite character, and DISNEY.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

Old 08-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #585
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1153rsmith View Post
Hey TinkandPooh, we are going to be at AoA from 11/27-11/30. We are planning on staying in the Little Mermaid wing for my DD, but she doesn't know it. I don't plan on telling her until we leave. Partly because I like doing surprises, and partly just in case I need to change our accommodations at the last minute. I could certainly stay somewhere cheaper, but this is new, based on her favorite character, and DISNEY.
1153rsmith......Yeah another DIS board member will be there during the time we are there!!! Arent you super excited!!! Will you have your lime green Mickeys? I have my Mickeys all set! I cant hardly wait to get on the plane in Noveber and while I know November is a short ways away technically, it seems like its going to take forever in the mean time!!!
Were you one of the ones to get a pin for the LM section for free dining?

We are staying in a family suite and got the free dining however we upgraded to the dining plan just above what they give at values so we could at least hve one sit down meal a day and then the 1 counter service plus snack per day.
When we made our ressies they said they had 2 options for us to get the free dining one was to book a cars suite and the other was just to book it as a family suite and not one section in specific and then just put in the notes what sections we hoped for and see how it turns out when we arrive!
Based on our choices we figured it would better to book as a family suite and put our preferences in the notes seeing as how the cars section would be our 3r choice. We put Nemo as #1 and LK as # 2 and left it at that and would be thrilled if we got either of the 2. If not and we end up in the cars section its still no biggy because its Disney and we will be there and can walk around the resort and enjoy the outside of the other sections. Either way we get to stay at AOA with free dining and I am thrilled about that and looking forward to a new fun experience. Our family is used to staying at Deluxe or Villa resorts when doing Disney in our home state of CA and the time we visited WDW we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas so it will be a nice change of pace to save a bit more money and put that money into more spending and also to see how things go at a value since we have no experince with the values.
We now have 2 little ones a 3 year old daughter and a 16 month old son so we really think that AOA will be much more appreciated by them verses the luxury Villas or deluxes (which would be nice for mom and dad) but we want our babies to really enjoy themselves so its more about surroundings for them verses us. Them being happy makes us happy
Im so beyond excited and cant wait to see the larger than life characters and be right in the middle of some of my all time favorite movies!!!
I am already having a hard time sleeping at night thinking about our trip and planning out the dining
Going to call in the next couple days and make our dining ressies, weve been going through Birnbaum Guides 2012 WDW book and researching all the dining and have almost made all our choices for our trip

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: