Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #541
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Question for you guys...how fast do y'all think rooms will fill up? I'm planning on booking the Nemo suite. I'm waiting until November 1st, because I'm going to book the whole trip with my Disney Visa (currently has no balance...I like to keep it that way!!), and I'm going to pay it off with my tax return. This way I get the 6 months interest free but also the Disney Rewards, and will ultimately keep my CC balance at ZERO once I get that tax money.

I want to wait until November 1st to give me until May 1st, just in case...I mean, you never know when that tax check will be in, but I figure that will give me plenty of time. Also the date to book my ADR's is November 5th so I definitely want it booked before then to get my 180 + 10.

I really want Nemo, but wouldn't be terribly upset with Lion King. I do not want Cars. It's really cute, but I don't think my two girls would enjoy it as much. I'm starting to freak out a little, the more AoA seems to be climbing in popularity, that Nemo will be all booked by 11/1, or even Lion King will! Somebody talk me out of my obsessive paranoia, please! (Or agree with me, then I'll have to go ahead and book!)

offsite 1987
TreeHouse Villas 1993
offsite 1998
Port Orleans FQ (DisneyMoon) 2007
AoA Nemo suite, May 2013

*hopeful for POR in 2016!*

Me DH DD6 DD4
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #542
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMacJ View Post
Question for you guys...how fast do y'all think rooms will fill up? I'm planning on booking the Nemo suite. I'm waiting until November 1st, because I'm going to book the whole trip with my Disney Visa (currently has no balance...I like to keep it that way!!), and I'm going to pay it off with my tax return. This way I get the 6 months interest free but also the Disney Rewards, and will ultimately keep my CC balance at ZERO once I get that tax money.

I want to wait until November 1st to give me until May 1st, just in case...I mean, you never know when that tax check will be in, but I figure that will give me plenty of time. Also the date to book my ADR's is November 5th so I definitely want it booked before then to get my 180 + 10.

I really want Nemo, but wouldn't be terribly upset with Lion King. I do not want Cars. It's really cute, but I don't think my two girls would enjoy it as much. I'm starting to freak out a little, the more AoA seems to be climbing in popularity, that Nemo will be all booked by 11/1, or even Lion King will! Somebody talk me out of my obsessive paranoia, please! (Or agree with me, then I'll have to go ahead and book!)
why not book it now - you just have to put down the $200 deposit at booking. Then on Nov 1st put the remainder on your Visa and you have the 6 months to pay. If you're getting a package you don't have to pay Disney (via Visa or whatever) until 45 days before your trip.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #543
Newdmof2
Earning My Ears

Wow that's great. I have aoa booked the end of oct and they said I couldn't get the free dining w the little mermaid rooms. How do u get the pins?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #544
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post

ILOVEJSPARROW: Thanks for the food photos. So many of the things you showed looked very good, but I have some questions if you don't mind. Is the yogurt in the parfait plain or do they have vanilla or other flavors? What is the Naan bread like? I've often wondered about the egg white omelets. Is it something you have to get used to or are they tasty in their own way? I really should try these when my trip comes up. Finally, how are the homemade chips? They look delicious; I can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing; I look forward to your resort photos, also.

I'm glad they were helpful for you! The yogurt in the parfait was plain, and on that day they only offered plain yogurt for the parfaits.

The naan bread was delicious. Kind of like a pita. Not greasy, and the one side had a nice toast to it from being put in the oven. It looked big to me but I had no problem eating it all!

I was skeptical about the egg white omelette but it really didn't taste much different to me. Maybe a little bit more fluffy, but the ingredients in it are still the more important part to me so the egg didn't matter much

The homemade chips were awesome! They were like kettle chips, with some salt and some other seasoning on them. Heavenly!
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 08-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #545
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
why not book it now - you just have to put down the $200 deposit at booking. Then on Nov 1st put the remainder on your Visa and you have the 6 months to pay. If you're getting a package you don't have to pay Disney (via Visa or whatever) until 45 days before your trip.
Because I'd wanted to put it all on the CC to earn the Disney Rewards points--BUT. I just spoke with Chase (Disney Visa) and they said I could use the CC for the $200 deposit now, and I will not get charged the interest on that until the end of Feb (6 months from today) and I could charge the rest of the vacation to the CC whenever and I wouldn't get charged the interest on that money until 6 months from the date I put the rest of it on there. I hope all that makes sense. So I'm booking tonight when I get home!! (I don't have the card on me)

offsite 1987
TreeHouse Villas 1993
offsite 1998
AoA Nemo suite, May 2013

Me DH DD6 DD4
Old 08-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #546
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Quote:
Because I'd wanted to put it all on the CC to earn the Disney Rewards points--BUT. I just spoke with Chase (Disney Visa) and they said I could use the CC for the $200 deposit now, and I will not get charged the interest on that until the end of Feb (6 months from today) and I could charge the rest of the vacation to the CC whenever and I wouldn't get charged the interest on that money until 6 months from the date I put the rest of it on there. I hope all that makes sense. So I'm booking tonight when I get home!! (I don't have the card on me)
Have fun booking your trip tonight I bet you cant wai to get home!!!
It was so exciting for us when we booked our trip.....now if only there were away to make November come quicker.......Im already havin a hard time sleeping at night thinking about all the fun we are going to have on our trip and I cant hardly wait to see AOA.....it will be exciting to see what section they put us in for our fmaily suite

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #547
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Good luck getting the room you want! Nemo seems like a popular section!

Welcome to the AoA thread as a future guest!
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #548
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

I'm booked! I'm booked!

We're officially arriving at AoA and staying in a Nemo suite on May 4th for an entire glorious week. I can't wait until November 5th to book my ADRs and BBB for my girls!

Hoping for wonderful, magical trips for all of us.

offsite 1987
TreeHouse Villas 1993
offsite 1998
AoA Nemo suite, May 2013

Me DH DD6 DD4
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #549
Catnmouse3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslexis'mom

Was looking to book LM for fall/free dining promo,but they said LM rooms were excluded from Free dining. Do you know if something changed? Hoping to be able to stay there this November as well!
We are going this November and we are staying in the LM room and we got the free dining. I would call to see if you can get the promo.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #550
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnmouse3 View Post
We are going this November and we are staying in the LM room and we got the free dining. I would call to see if you can get the promo.
My understanding is that free dining was only available on LM rooms in November by Pin Code. It was specifically excluded under the GP offer. Likewise, those rooms are excluded from the room only offer that came out today.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #551
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinepixie27 View Post
19 days folks and AOA will be complete!!!!!! Any more spoiler pics from LM section out there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
I'm so excited to see some LM pictures!!! We are staying there 11/24-11/29. My DSD6 and I watched the AoA video on the home page of this site and she is so excited, but is definitely anxious to see some more LM stuff.
I want to see more photos and yet I want to be surprised!!! It's such a big decision! DeeDee, we're really getting close aren't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottzz View Post
I am so excited to go on this trip I may just burst! I love reading all of the posts and seeing pics. I must keep my mouth SHUT and not ruin the suprise for my son. (As I type this in my Mickey t and Mickey Pants) PS....I am addict to DIS where are the 12 step meetings held? Thank you!!
You sound like me; everything I own seems to have Mickies on it! Why bother with a 12 step program; it's a good addiction. Although.... it may be an opportunity for more Disney talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1978 View Post
If they are the same ones they have in DL (which looks like they are), they are sooo good! Crunchy and salty (but not too salty). Kind of like kettle chips.
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnmouse3 View Post
I think that I'll call tomorrow, great advice.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #552
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejsparrow View Post
I'm glad they were helpful for you! The yogurt in the parfait was plain, and on that day they only offered plain yogurt for the parfaits. The naan bread was delicious. Kind of like a pita. Not greasy, and the one side had a nice toast to it from being put in the oven. It looked big to me but I had no problem eating it all!I was skeptical about the egg white omelette but it really didn't taste much different to me. Maybe a little bit more fluffy, but the ingredients in it are still the more important part to me so the egg didn't matter much The homemade chips were awesome! They were like kettle chips, with some salt and some other seasoning on them. Heavenly!
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to trying their food.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #553
julieanddanny
Mouseketeer

We just returned last week and did enjoy some food from Landscape. We were super disappointed with the service though Way too slow, and ackward. They aren't allowed to wear gloves so have to serve EVERYTHING with utensils. And while the real plates and utensils are good - to us it was just inconvenient come clean up time.

With the trays being even heavier, the kids couldn't help carry. One adult trying to get food for 5 while the other tries to keep 2 or 3 kids from turning the dining room into a jungle gym for a good 30 minutes - just wasn't fun. But that did work better than having them wait for food with us and trying to keep them from playing with the line ropes or all the food in the coolers or bickering and fidgeting and fighting...sigh

We've stayed on property 5 times now and eaten at countless Disney QS resturants but this by far was the most frustrating one for us!

I should add that this is the one and only complaint I have - we really loved this resort! The rooms are so perfect for us and we will probably be back!!

Last edited by julieanddanny; 08-27-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: because I do love AoA!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #554
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye
I think that I'll call tomorrow, great advice.
It never hurts to call, but I can tell you that there is no general public offer for free dining at AoA-LM right now. The PINs that offered free dining at AoA-LM are all expired, to the best of my knowledge, so even if you had one attached to your account that you were unaware of, it would be very odd if it was still valid for booking. On top of that, there was limited availability for those PINs, and I can't see how any rooms would be available for booking under the PINs. The GP offer for room discounts also excluded AoA-LM, as did the Disney Visa offer that opened up a few days beforehand.

Many dates at AoA-LM are fully booked. A number of us have had problems even trying to add days at the beginning or end of our existing reservations. And since PINs and GP offers are intended to encourage booking when demand is low, I can't imagine you're going to find any discounts at all from WDW for a room in AoA-LM. You might be able to rebook with AAA if you're a member and get a small percent off the room, but that's the only discount I've heard of still being active for LM.

I've had a major learning experience trying to find ANY discount for us in November in AoA-LM, and despite all the calls, PIN-garnering tip-following, searching, waiting, jumping on rumors and beseeching of the WDW discount gods, I have found nothing. Back in May, I added Nov. 1 to our trip to try to get GP dining or in case we got a PIN. That cost us more and saved nothing.

So, call, yes, but do not expect any discount of any sort unless you're prepared to move to an AoA suite or another resort, or reschedule your vacation for 2013 in the slight hope that LM rooms will eventually become less in demand (unlikely, at least for a long while...). That's just the reality of the situation. They underestimated the demand for standard rooms at AoA, and LM is going to be well booked for the foreseeable future, which means no discounts for most or all of us...

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #555
popcenturylover
Mouseketeer

26 days!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: