Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #496
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
The WiFi worked very well, and it's FREE.
Thanks!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #497
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofWD View Post
NOOOO!!!! That's the only pop I really drink!!
Don't forget that you can order from the gardengrocer.com. They will deliver it right to your room for you. I'm going to try them this year for water, and decaffeinated Pepsi and decaffeinated Coke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Well, we had to change from AoA Cars suite to POFQ, now we are moving from POFQ to BWI and we have to drop one night because of DH's job, but I don't mind since we still get to go
Wow, you're really bouncing around aren't you? I hope this all settles down and you get to go. Is your back getting better at least (I think it's you who has the bad back problem!?!? )?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
Thanks for the info! We'll have a pretty jam-packed schedule but would love to hit the pool area for once if it works out. When we were there in Feb this year, the weather was perfect for walking the parks, but not warm enough for me to get in a pool. It needs to be sunny and probably upper 80s for me to get wet unless the pools are super heated. We shall see I guess.
All WDW pools are heated. I live in a cold Winter area and this is my first Winter/Christmas trip. I can't tell you how excited I am about wanting to swim outdoors in the end of November!!!

3 months to my trip!!!!!!!

Last edited by mickeye; 08-25-2012 at 10:10 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #498
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I made 2 magnets for our door at AOA, but, since they aren't metal we put them on the refrig...
Old 08-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #499
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye

Don't forget that you can order from the gardengrocer.com. They will deliver it right to your room for you. I'm going to try them this year for water, and decaffeinated Pepsi and decaffeinated Coke.

Wow, your really bouncing around aren't you? I hope this all settles down and you get to go. Is your back getting better at least (I think it's you who has the bad back problem!?!? )?

All WDW pools are heated. I live in a cold Winter area and this is my first Winter/Christmas trip. I can't tell you how excited I am about wanting to swim outdoors in the end of November!!!

3 months to my trip!!!!!!!
No, no back problems for me, thank goodness. I do have a really bad foot, though, getting a second opinion on Thursday afternoon before we leave. Yeah, I am bouncing around, I usually do.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #500
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I made 2 magnets for our door at AOA, but, since they aren't metal we put them on the refrig...
Bummer. My guess is that the LM doors are the same as POP - metal - but then we won't really know until it opens.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 08-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #501
Dacia
Earning My Ears

For those who had been to the LK section, can you tell me where in the building the stairwell and elevator are located? If you were by a stairwell, were the doors noisy closing?

DB wants to know and I promised him I'd ask.

Thx in advance.

One month to go!

Old 08-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #502
thej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins

Thanks for the info! We'll have a pretty jam-packed schedule but would love to hit the pool area for once if it works out. When we were there in Feb this year, the weather was perfect for walking the parks, but not warm enough for me to get in a pool. It needs to be sunny and probably upper 80s for me to get wet unless the pools are super heated. We shall see I guess.

Anyone know about the WiFi? My hubby is going to need it to check into work. His company will pay for it if there is a charge, but just wondering if there is and if so, how much?
I don't know about *upper* 80s, but temps in the high 70s and occasionally low 80s are fairly common in Feb. That said the pools are comfortable in the water at that time of year. They are heated. Id say the water temp was 75-80. Not super heated but nice. If there's a breeze it can be a bit chilly when you get out.

1977 - 1st trip to MK | 85-95 - day trips | Jun 88 - Disney Inn | May 90 - Grad Nite | May 03 - DCL | Jan 09 - CR
Jan 10 - CSR | Jun 10 - PoP | Feb 11 - ASMu | Jun 11 - DCL Alaska | Jan 12 - PoP/AKL | Jun 12 - AKL | May 13 CSR
Oct 13 - 1st Disneyland visit! | May 14 SWW- AKL

Old 08-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #503
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Where did you hear they aren't metal?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #504
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

Is Cars wing at AOA is close to the Animation Hall? And Building is close to the Animation Hall Cars wing or Finding Nemo please tell me so i won't get confused?

Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #505
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
Is Cars wing at AOA is close to the Animation Hall? And Building is close to the Animation Hall Cars wing or Finding Nemo please tell me so i won't get confused?
Both Finding Nemo buildings are right behind AH...Cars building 1 is the closest to AH out of all the Cars buildings.

See the resort map in the first post for more help.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 08-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #506
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

thanks for the info! I can't wait to stay in Cars wing at AOA for Dec 7-9 2012!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #507
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacia View Post
For those who had been to the LK section, can you tell me where in the building the stairwell and elevator are located? If you were by a stairwell, were the doors noisy closing?

DB wants to know and I promised him I'd ask.

Thx in advance.

One month to go!

Hello-

Just got back from my stay in a LK suite. I believe there are four stairwells in each building, one at each end, and one right in the middle near the elevators (towards the center of the courtyards). Our room was right near a stairwell and elevator and we experienced no problems with noise.
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 08-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #508
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

So excited I found this thread. Its been awhile since Ive been on the boards because things have been so busy. As much as I wish I could sit at my computer all day and research, explore, and dive into all things Disney its just not possible, but Ill take in all the moments I can
Our family has been doing Disneyland often since we live so close and have APs but we are so excited to have booked a wonderful vacation from:
Nov 28th - December 9th 2012 staying at Art of Animation.
Its been several years since we have done Disney World and so look forwad to coming back as we now have 2 new members since our last visit to share the parks with.....our 3 year old daughter and 14 month old son
Last time we came we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas and had a wonderful time!
For this upcoming trip we were able to get the free dining however we paid the difference for the upgrade from 2 counter/quick service meals and a snack dining plan that comes with the value resorts to the regular dining plan that gives us 1 sit down meal, 1 counter/quick serve meal and 1 snack.
We requested either the Nemo Section or the Lion King section of the resort so we are all super excited to get to stay at this resort.
I cant wait to see how our little ones react to the surroundings.
Thanks so much for the thread it will be part of what gets me by until we leave in 3 months

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 08-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #509
TinkandPooh
Mouseketeer

Location: CA....Never too far from the Mouse!!! When it comes to relocation if it's not near a Disney Park my husband may as well never ask because it will never happen!

Did I mention Thank you for this thread!!!

Cast Members: Me DH DD DD DD DS
Old 08-26-2012, 02:19 AM   #510
Dacia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejsparrow View Post
Hello-

Just got back from my stay in a LK suite. I believe there are four stairwells in each building, one at each end, and one right in the middle near the elevators (towards the center of the courtyards). Our room was right near a stairwell and elevator and we experienced no problems with noise.

Good to know. I'll pass the info along to DB.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: