Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #481
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

We've always enjoyed decorating our window when we've stayed at Value resorts in the past. Since we're staying in the Nemo suites, there really won't be any reason to decorate our window, if we aren't on the first floor. Can you decorate your door? Do they allow you to use tape on the doors?
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #482
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I took quite a few photos of the grab and go section of the food court when we visited this month. I will have to upload them when I get finished processin all the photos. (over 700 )
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #483
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thej View Post
We were there in Late January for MLK several years ago, and whole it was cold most of the time there were a couple of days we could have easily been in the pool 70ish). We went in Feburary another year and were in the pool several times no problem.

BTW, we're from Georgia/Florida so we're not exactly polar bears when it comes to swimming weather
Thanks for the info! We'll have a pretty jam-packed schedule but would love to hit the pool area for once if it works out. When we were there in Feb this year, the weather was perfect for walking the parks, but not warm enough for me to get in a pool. It needs to be sunny and probably upper 80s for me to get wet unless the pools are super heated. We shall see I guess.

Anyone know about the WiFi? My hubby is going to need it to check into work. His company will pay for it if there is a charge, but just wondering if there is and if so, how much?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #484
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
Thanks for the info! We'll have a pretty jam-packed schedule but would love to hit the pool area for once if it works out. When we were there in Feb this year, the weather was perfect for walking the parks, but not warm enough for me to get in a pool. It needs to be sunny and probably upper 80s for me to get wet unless the pools are super heated. We shall see I guess.

Anyone know about the WiFi? My hubby is going to need it to check into work. His company will pay for it if there is a charge, but just wondering if there is and if so, how much?
The WiFi worked very well, and it's FREE.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #485
Keith
DIS Veteran

Deleted post.

Last edited by Keith; 08-23-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Sorry. Thought I was starting a new post.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #486
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/08/...mation-resort/
Photos from the Lion King area

Wi fi was ok in the room. The one day it kept dropping the signal. Phone reception in the suite is terrible.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #487
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdislover View Post
We've always enjoyed decorating our window when we've stayed at Value resorts in the past. Since we're staying in the Nemo suites, there really won't be any reason to decorate our window, if we aren't on the first floor. Can you decorate your door? Do they allow you to use tape on the doors?
I am a decorator too, but I cringe at the thought of tape residue left on the doors. Are the interior doors metal? Then you could use magnets!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 08-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #488
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Great thread, we're staying at LM section for 8 nights in July next year, can't wait.

Looks absolutely fab, and I love Disney overload, so it's no problem to me.

Bit of a bizarre question I think, but do they play music from the films (or even just Disney music in general) throughout the resort?

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #489
Newdmof2
Earning My Ears

Aoa or por?

My family and I r goin to Disney oct26th-nov2nd and r currently booked at aoa w a standard rm. I'm torn if I should switch to por for the free dining. I'm trying to take EVERYTHING into consideration. My dd is 3 ds 1. Any recommendations?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #490
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Well, we had to change from AoA Cars suite to POFQ, now we are moving from POFQ to BWI and we have to drop one night because of DH's job, but I don't mind since we still get to go

Glad you still get to go! And Waaaaarrrrr Eagle! We're neighbors sort of. I'm in Valley but from Beauregard.

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #491
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMacJ View Post
Glad you still get to go! And Waaaaarrrrr Eagle! We're neighbors sort of. I'm in Valley but from Beauregard.
I'm am so glad we still get to go, too. Waaaarrr Eagle! I know exactly where Valley is, you're not that far away.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #492
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMacJ View Post
Roll Tide from B'ham! :
Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #493
Shan88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247
I took quite a few photos of the grab and go section of the food court when we visited this month. I will have to upload them when I get finished processin all the photos. (over 700 )
Wow, thats a lot of pictures.
I can't wait to see them!

Old 08-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #494
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdislover View Post
No tape is allowed on anything in the rooms at Disney.I have heard of people getting in trouble and even charged a cleaning fee for doing it. but you should be able to put magnets on your door.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #495
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
Roll Tide from B'ham! :
Boooo!! haha, just kidding. You're a Disney fan so I'll let you slide!

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: