Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #3691
Mansion Mom
Earning My Ears

We stayed in LM last October and loved it. A little far from the main building but the theming was awesome, especially in-room.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #3692
Snipster2569
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the email address of the front desk at the art of animation, I can't find it on line anywhere
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #3693
KTMcCulloch
Earning My Ears

Do they have pack n plays or baby gear available at AOA?
Old 05-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #3694
mskermit
Mouseketeer

we are going in august 3 adults, daughter 17 and granddaughter 2. we are booked in an acessible LM room. I am concerned that we will be squished in that room. This was supposed to be a "quick low budget" trip for DD graduation. it has now turned into a full blown vacation, but its all good. just a little over budget. Moving up to a suite means another 700.00. can anyone tell me about the accessible rooms or anyone feel squished in those rooms?? last august we stayin in a royal room at POR, just 2 adults and my 17 year old, it was ok not too squished up. are the LM rooms comparable to those rooms??
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Art of Animation 08-13 & 03-14
Pop Century 9-14

Old 05-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #3695
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipster2569 View Post
Does anyone know the email address of the front desk at the art of animation, I can't find it on line anywhere
I'm not aware that the front desk of any Disney resort uses an email address. I'd be glad to be wrong.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #3696
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskermit View Post
we are going in august 3 adults, daughter 17 and granddaughter 2. we are booked in an acessible LM room. I am concerned that we will be squished in that room. This was supposed to be a "quick low budget" trip for DD graduation. it has now turned into a full blown vacation, but its all good. just a little over budget. Moving up to a suite means another 700.00. can anyone tell me about the accessible rooms or anyone feel squished in those rooms?? last august we stayin in a royal room at POR, just 2 adults and my 17 year old, it was ok not too squished up. are the LM rooms comparable to those rooms??
The Royal Rooms & AoA LM rooms are similar in layout, but the AoA LM rooms are a little smaller. You may want to consider one of the Alligator Bayou rooms at Port Orleans Riverside because they have an additional murphy bed (which would be perfect for your granddaughter). If you still really want to stay at AoA, consider how much time you'll actually be in the room and decide whether an upgrade would be worth switching.
WDW 1983 • Disneyland 1987 • WDW 1990 • Contemporary Resort 1997 • Dixie Landings (POR) 2000 • Magic Kingdom 2003 • Pop Century 2004 • Easter in WDW 2005 • AS Sports Feb 2006 • ASMusic Family Suite Nov 2006 • AS Sports 2007 • Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2008 • F & W Festival Oct 2008 • Discovery Cove/ ASMoviesDec 2008 • POP March 2009 • Very Merry Un-Unbirthday in Disney July 2009 • Pop Century Dec 2009• Caribbean Beach Resort May 2010 • Polynesian Nov 2010 • Disneyland March 2011 • POP Oct 2011 • The Dolphin May 2012 • Disneyland June 2012 • CBR Oct 2012 • Art of Animation June 2013 • Ft. Wilderness Cabins March 2015
Old 05-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #3697
mskermit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_Tink View Post
The Royal Rooms & AoA LM rooms are similar in layout, but the AoA LM rooms are a little smaller. You may want to consider one of the Alligator Bayou rooms at Port Orleans Riverside because they have an additional murphy bed (which would be perfect for your granddaughter). If you still really want to stay at AoA, consider how much time you'll actually be in the room and decide whether an upgrade would be worth switching.
thanks for the info. Thats exactly what i was thinking about how much time is really spent in the room. Its just the whole morning routine part that will be difficult. We have never done a value resort, just this time because this is the little ones first visit and i thought it would be cool for her. she loves ariel. i may think about the upgrade tho
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Pop Century 9-14

Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #3698
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskermit View Post
There is a room size and bed size difference, that may be worth considering when your party includes 3 adults and a teenager.

A POR room is 314 square feet and has two queen beds.

An AoA LM room is 277 square feet and has two double beds.

You also have to imagine the pack-n-play for the 2 year old in the room as well.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #3699
kristenm514
Mouseketeer

We "downgraded" from YC to AoA LM to save a little money on this trip (and because DD5 is going to be far more impressed with AoA than some silly deluxe resort) ... the discounts for the end of August came out today, and we could save a little bit more by switching to Pop or Music. I feel like it's silly to spend that much more on a value room, but I'm just not willing to give up my LM room. I guess this is why they don't discount them! Looking forward to our stay! I just won't mention the $200 we could have saved by switching to DH
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #3700
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Will not return

Just got back from a week stay in a LM room at AOA. While the decor of the resort and room was awesome it did not make up for some major downfalls in my opinion. First off the rooms are too far from the bus and main building. So we did not use our mugs at all. Landscapes of Flavor was unorganized and the staff were not very pleasant and many did not speak english which made ordering difficult. The bus system was hit and miss, first thing in the morning they never had anyone managing the buses to bring more. And of course the bus stop at the parks was always the furthest away.

One evening I had the veggie burger which looked and sounded yummy but it was just a pile of goop, missing the fried green tomato and the bun was soggy. My wife and I agreed that we would go back to POFQ next time as everything was close.

The only way I would go back to AOA/LM section is if they added a second food court or at least a bus stop to that section like some of the moderates have.

Last edited by dmbcanada; 05-06-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Omission
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #3701
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainK View Post
I posted this in a seperate thread with no responses so i figured I'd add it here.....please forgive me if its already addressed in this thread, as there is too much to read.

We are booked at AOA LM.....although I would LOVE to be closer to the food court and main pool, I refuse to pay the suite price.

My question is, how far of a walk is it from LM rooms to the food court? We enjoy our refillable mugs

Is it as far....or further than: the 90's room at POP or Mighty Ducks room at ASMO? We've stayed at both those resorts and those were the furthest from the main buildings. OR Trinidad South at CBR?? I was just wondering if it's comparable to those distances or worse.

Thanks to all that can help.
We stayed in LM building 7 last week and it was 7-10 minutes to the bus and food court. We walked from Pop Century one day and didn't find it any closer. So if you don't want to upgrade to a suite you have to do the walk. This resort is meant for families so I think they should have forgotten about the LM section, since it is too far away.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #3702
mskermit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
There is a room size and bed size difference, that may be worth considering when your party includes 3 adults and a teenager.

A POR room is 314 square feet and has two queen beds.

An AoA LM room is 277 square feet and has two double beds.

You also have to imagine the pack-n-play for the 2 year old in the room as well.
we will also have an accessible room since my 17 year old is handicap, ill have to check and see the sq footage difference. i really good idea would be for the kids to chip in and pay for something for once!!! LOL the kids are getting older and this is the first disney trip she has done with us since 2008 so im pretty excited. i guess if i just get up and get out of the way in the morning they can do their thing while i sit by the pool! thanks for the info
Caribbean Beach 08-12
POR Riverside 08-12
Pop Century 9-14

Old 05-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #3703
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know SF for LM room with King bed? I assume it is the same.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #3704
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Callie View Post
Does anyone know SF for LM room with King bed? I assume it is the same.
Yes, the same at 277 square feet. Just one big bed in that space instead of two smaller ones.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #3705
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor mantιnganse alejado de las puertas

Just got back 5 days ago...it was amazing!!! We stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and I honestly don't know what all the talk is about the long walk to the main hall. Sure out of the other sections its the furthest but its not long! I was so pleasantly surprised!! Plan on staying there again next time! Ive always stayed at Pop but the theming here blew me away! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: