Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #3661
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
Slightly embarrassing question- does anyone know if you can purchase the everything brownie at breakfast?
We could, but I think they were from the day before. Still yummo! New items like cupcakes and brownies are generally put out around 10:30 am.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 05-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #3662
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

We stayed at AoA LM for Thanksgiving week last year and loved it. We didn't book the BB offer :facepalm: because we didn't think we'd be back this year. Sure enough we're coming back and we're bringing a friend with us. The addition of the friend has moved us to a Nemo suite and I was reading about the kitchenettes. If I understand correctly they come with paper plates, bowls, cups and plastic silverware. If that's the case I'm re-thinking placing an order through Garden Grocer and ordering some sandwich stuff to make lunches with. Most of the ADRs we have booked are breakfasts and we're on the DDP so we'll have one CS meal for the remainder of the day. We're thinking about doing midday breaks so if we did a midday break at the room and had sandwiches or something that we could pop in the microwave then we could potentially save some cash on lunches.

For those that have stayed at places with a kitchen or kitchenette what did you do with that?
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #3663
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a suite, we were also on the dining plan, it was so much food, we never ate 3 meals. On the days that we left early, we just grabbed something easy for breakfast, like donuts, poptarts or left-overs from the night before ( for our desserts, we would get something we could eat for breakfast the next morning & take back to the room), had CS for lunch in the parks & then dinner. I did take something for sandwiches & some things for my DD to have in the room. We did keep extra drinks in the refridgerator, took frozen juices & water to the parks.
They do keep the paper plates, plastic ware, ect ect filled up, the maid fills it up everyday when they do the rooms.
Landscapes opens at 6am.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #3664
Jamby001
Earning My Ears

We stayed in the little mermaid section last month. We had 3 rooms. One for my daughter, mom and I and one for the extended family. Wouldn't stay again for a lot of reasons but mostly the strange food court and the small rooms. I'd rather stay at the all stars.

Oh, and the thermostat kept making the room warm. Weird.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #3665
smidgy
dimples

we got back monday from WDW. we were at AOA for 6 days, followed by 6 days at BWV. I admit, we were happy to get to Boardwalk.

we knew there would be a lot of kids, which is fine (we are 2 empty nesters.) the resort was very pretty, colorful and CHEERY!!! but it seems very congested. the walkways seemed more narrow than at the other values.

we stayed in Littel Mermaid, and I admit it, I was wrong when I posted earlier. it WAS a long walk! I know I posted that it's a long walk from some buildings at POR to the food court etc, and the same for Coronado..and Carribbean.. but those far away sections at least have their own bus stop. and it seems like the disigners tried to make the walk longer by making you walk around a useless grassy circle. or having you walk out of the way to get to the center walkway (we werein bldg 9, and what was posted earier is true. you have to walk in the oppostie direction of the center walkway (towards the parking) and then back again. .... I really don't know why they didn't put in a walkway to the main path.
we were thrilled to not get a parking lot view.. but we ended up walking along the parking lot every time we went to the bus anyway.. shorter.

they did have a stand selling some muffins etc and coffee, tea in the morning. and YES!!! they did fill the mugs with coffee and tea. I think the LM section would be much better if they also put in an automated refill station like they have at BLY and Vero Beach. (or a bus stop! tee hee

also hubby didn't care for the food court, but we knew that going in. we walked over to Pop's food court one night.

butI'm still glad we stayed there.. I would love to stay there with the grandkids in a suite. like I said, it's very cheery and pretty. I think a great resort for families with kids.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #3666
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Distance Question

A friend will be staying at AoA in October. Any advice on what Cars Building she should request?
Thanks!!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #3667
KTMcCulloch
Earning My Ears

We are booking an AOA suite this week for dec7-12 and can't decide Finding Nemo or Cars...any thoughts?
Old 05-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #3668
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaPetunia View Post
A friend will be staying at AoA in October. Any advice on what Cars Building she should request?
Thanks!!
As a distance question, buildings 1 and 3 are positioned closer to Animation Hall than building 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMcCulloch View Post
We are booking an AOA suite this week for dec7-12 and can't decide Finding Nemo or Cars...any thoughts?
FWIW, The Nemo buildings are popular, probably because they are the closest to Animation Hall and to the Big Blue pool. Sometimes they are not available to book because they are full.

If you are a Pixar Cars fan, the design and theming of that section is well done, and mirrors the feeling of Cars Land in California Adventure.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #3669
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

We'll be in the LK suites at the same time! We are checking in on May 9 for 6 nights!!!

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
Old 05-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #3670
heycher
Mouseketeer

Are paper products (bowls, plates, forks) replenished during stay?

Hi !

I know the suites come stocked with (6) each of forks, bowls etc.... , but my question is, does mousekeeping replenish these thoughout your stay? We plan to eat breakfast cereal in the room each day and don't want to re-use.

Thank you!!
Cheryl
Old 05-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #3671
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycher View Post
Hi !

I know the suites come stocked with (6) each of forks, bowls etc.... , but my question is, does mousekeeping replenish these thoughout your stay? We plan to eat breakfast cereal in the room each day and don't want to re-use.

Thank you!!
Cheryl
Yes they do. Though they were missed one day but the cart was right outside our hall and housekeeping gladly gave us a new supply then.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #3672
MissBritt
It's a small, small world.

So you can only get a standard in.Little Mermaid theming???

December 2009-Port Orleans Riverside DXDDP
January 2010-All Star Sports QSDP
December 2010- Coronado Springs DDP
December 2011- POP Century

MK 9Xs, HS 2Xs, EP 2Xs, AK 3Xs, BB 1Xs, CdS 1Xs
Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #3673
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBritt View Post
So you can only get a standard in.Little Mermaid theming???
Yes. The suites are finding Nemo, cars, and lion king.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 05-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #3674
afinnteach
Mouseketeer

Just upgraded from LM to cars suite! So excited I can hardly stand it!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #3675
Michaella
Mouseketeer

Would it be worthwhile to catch a taxi from AOA to FW for HDDR? About how much $$ would it be?

DS 12 DD 9

Jan 1996 Tokyo Disney
Sept 1999 Disneyland
Sept 2010 Disneyland
Sept 2013 Disneyland and Disneyworld... and MNSSHP
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: