Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #3541
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Reading a lot on Trip Advisor that guests of AOA in April said that the Mermaid rooms had a breakfast to go and beverage station in the courtyard. Hopefully this trend continues. Will be quick and convenient instead of having to deal with the crowds at Landscapes in the mornings.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #3542
lazer
Mouseketeer

Just went to look at rooms again for the week we're going (already booked) and there are no little mermaid rooms available. Hoping it is not too crowded! (Going sept 13-22nd)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #3543
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbcanada View Post
Reading a lot on Trip Advisor that guests of AOA in April said that the Mermaid rooms had a breakfast to go and beverage station in the courtyard. Hopefully this trend continues. Will be quick and convenient instead of having to deal with the crowds at Landscapes in the mornings.
I have not heard that at all and it wasn't in Nov. maybe they got enough complaints since then. Or maybe it was for Spring break?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #3544
switch15foot
Mouseketeer

trying to locate a resort map with specific room number on it ... any help would be appreciated; i feel like i was able to find one for the AllStars but can't remember where i go it

Dec 2010 - 1st Taste of Magic - All Star Movies w Free Dinning
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #3545
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbcanada View Post
I've never heard of anything like that at a Disney resort. Do you have a link?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #3546
lazer
Mouseketeer

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...o_Florida.html

The 2nd review listed mentions it.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #3547
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer View Post
Definitely not heard of the coffee and snack stand in the courtyard - not even sure what courtyard they mean, I guess by the pool. I would have to assume they did that to try to alleviate high spring break crowds.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #3548
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met

We'll be staying in one of the LM rooms during the first night of our September trip.

I was wondering how long is it to walk from building 9 to the main building and bus stops? I'm having trouble getting a sense of scale from the map.
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #3549
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Has anyone been there recently that can confirm the snack and coffee stand?

We are booked at AoA and I was waffling between a value and mod depending on discount (specifically FD) but have decided even if it is a 100 or so more I would rather be at AoA. Between the bigger bed, two bathrooms and not having to take a bus to get to a pool, it wins out over the cabins. Sorry DH - no hot tub for you lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #3550
Melchiour
Earning My Ears

We get to AOA tomorrow. I will see if there is a breakfast cart and let everyone know.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #3551
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
We'll be staying in one of the LM rooms during the first night of our September trip.

I was wondering how long is it to walk from building 9 to the main building and bus stops? I'm having trouble getting a sense of scale from the map.
It's about 10 minutes to the bus stops.

We really liked the resort, it's beautiful, the theming is incredible. The pools and the characters and landscaping were truly wonderful. Loved the food court, not a bad meal tge entire time. BUT, we have a large family and need 2 connecting rooms, that's why we stayed in the LM rooms, but I found the distance from the food court and bus stop to be inconvenient. It wasn't so much a problem in the morning when everyone was energetic and excited to get to the parks, but at night after a very long day in the parks, that walk seemed never ending. My husband started driving our suburban to the front each morning and parking near the bus stop and then we would all drive back over to the LM section when we got back each night.

Glad we got to experience it once, but I'm sure we will head back to All Star Movies for our trip this year. We stay in the Mighty Ducks section there and it is , literally, across the street from the All Star Music bus stop.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #3552
jenhum
Earning My Ears

I was there last week and it was fantastic! We stayed in a Lion King suite and I didn't have any complaints. A/c was plenty cold (and it was HOT last week), fridge kept our drinks icy cold, buses were really fast, food court lines weren't too long....it was great!

We mostly ate breakfast I mour room but I saw this sign when we were checking out the Little Mermaid section:

Old 04-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #3553
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhum View Post
I was there last week and it was fantastic! We stayed in a Lion King suite and I didn't have any complaints. A/c was plenty cold (and it was HOT last week), fridge kept our drinks icy cold, buses were really fast, food court lines weren't too long....it was great!

We mostly ate breakfast I mour room but I saw this sign when we were checking out the Little Mermaid section:
This perfect, I don't need the bacon and eggs every morning!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #3554
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
It's about 10 minutes to the bus stops.

We really liked the resort, it's beautiful, the theming is incredible. The pools and the characters and landscaping were truly wonderful. Loved the food court, not a bad meal tge entire time. BUT, we have a large family and need 2 connecting rooms, that's why we stayed in the LM rooms, but I found the distance from the food court and bus stop to be inconvenient. It wasn't so much a problem in the morning when everyone was energetic and excited to get to the parks, but at night after a very long day in the parks, that walk seemed never ending. My husband started driving our suburban to the front each morning and parking near the bus stop and then we would all drive back over to the LM section when we got back each night.

Glad we got to experience it once, but I'm sure we will head back to All Star Movies for our trip this year. We stay in the Mighty Ducks section there and it is , literally, across the street from the All Star Music bus stop.
Ah well, what can you do? It's only my wife and I, so the LM rooms were the only ones that made any sense. We're only there for the one night, so the long walk to the bus shouldn't be a big deal.
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

Old 04-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #3555
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post

Ah well, what can you do? It's only my wife and I, so the LM rooms were the only ones that made any sense. We're only there for the one night, so the long walk to the bus shouldn't be a big deal.
Definitely wont make a difference for one night, by it did after 10 nights ;-) I think you will definitely enjoy the resort itself, we don't regret staying there, just found the LM rooms too far off from the rest of the resort for our taste.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: