Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #3406
jackie311
Earning My Ears

thank you!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #3407
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I have been following these AoA threads since before construction even began and finally.........................we will be there in less than 48 hours! Hope it lives up to my expectations!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #3408
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

I just booked our flight for our next Disney vacation. We just have to make some final decisions and I will be booking our suite and AoA.

I am undecided as to which theme to pick. The kids won't know about the trip until later so I can't just ask them. I've been trying to ask them in other ways but it is just confusing the issue. I am tempted to just pick the generic family suite and let fate decide where we stay. Has anyone done this? Where did you end up?

I'm also booking a suite for the ILs. We would like the suites to be close (same building, same floor). Do you think this is likely? More likely if we don't choose a specific theme?

Just thinking out loud....
- My kids have never seen Lion King (though my youngest loves to walk around and roar so that may be entertaining).
- They like Cars, but don't love it. I have to go back and look at the pictures to see if Sally or Holly Shiftwell are shown. My DD would want the girls represented.
- They like Nemo. The DW attractions (The Living Seas) even more then the movie. I think that would be my first choice.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #3409
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHMcG
I just booked our flight for our next Disney vacation. We just have to make some final decisions and I will be booking our suite and AoA.

I am undecided as to which theme to pick. The kids won't know about the trip until later so I can't just ask them. I've been trying to ask them in other ways but it is just confusing the issue. I am tempted to just pick the generic family suite and let fate decide where we stay. Has anyone done this? Where did you end up?

I'm also booking a suite for the ILs. We would like the suites to be close (same building, same floor). Do you think this is likely? More likely if we don't choose a specific theme?

Just thinking out loud....
- My kids have never seen Lion King (though my youngest loves to walk around and roar so that may be entertaining).
- They like Cars, but don't love it. I have to go back and look at the pictures to see if Sally or Holly Shiftwell are shown. My DD would want the girls represented.
- They like Nemo. The DW attractions (The Living Seas) even more then the movie. I think that would be my first choice.
If I were you I would pick Nemo. Big blue pool and close to everything. But I've never been there yet and that's what I picked lol. If they don't love cars and don't know lion king Nemo seems like the best choice. I don't think you can go wrong with any theme. I'm sure we will be back to stay at cars when my little guy is older!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
Old 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #3410
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=HHMcG;48066901]I just booked our flight for our next Disney vacation. We just have to make some final decisions and I will be booking our suite and AoA.

We stayed in the Cars Section, my DD was into cars at the time I made the reservations, but a few weeks before we left, she started watching the Lion King, she had seen Nemo & Little Mermaid, but was not to thrilled with themnow she wants to go back & stay in the Lion King Suites The Cars section was great, the pool was not a busy as the Nemo one was, which I thought was nicer, because you was able to keep better tabs on your kids. We were on the third floor & building 3 with a view of the pool.
You might have a better chance getting side by side suites in the Cars or Lion King section since they are not as popular as Nemo.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #3411
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I booked Nemo because 1) kids hate Cars so that section was out; and 2) Nemo was closer to the front than Lion King.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #3412
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I have been following these AoA threads since before construction even began and finally.........................we will be there in less than 48 hours! Hope it lives up to my expectations!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards
Have fun and enjoy your trip
Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #3413
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

We just arrived here at AOA today! This resort is beautiful! We are in building 7 LM with a king bed (as requested). The walk from the main building is a little long compared to our usual POP or POR preferred, but not as bad as i had read about in the past! Today we tested out the pool in our (LM) section and it was great! tomorrow we plan on tying out the big blue pool! The theming of this resort is amazing! We have a lake view looking across to POP which is nice too! I think we made the right decision staying here!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #3414
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
We just arrived here at AOA today! This resort is beautiful! We are in building 7 LM with a king bed (as requested). The walk from the main building is a little long compared to our usual POP or POR preferred, but not as bad as i had read about in the past! Today we tested out the pool in our (LM) section and it was great! tomorrow we plan on tying out the big blue pool! The theming of this resort is amazing! We have a lake view looking across to POP which is nice too! I think we made the right decision staying here!
That's great! So, is it 1 king bed instead of 2 fulls? We are a family of 4 w/kids age 4&7. We prefer suites at most hotels, but we're gonna give LM a try in building 7(requested). Enjoy!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #3415
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Yes, it's one king, instead of 2 doubles. Everything here in the room from the carpet to the shower curtains/ tiling of the bathroom, it's all amazing! Pictures didn't do it justice for me!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #3416
operationremie
Mouseketeer

My girlfriend and I were looking at hotels for when I go down in January for the Marathon Weekend. We (more her cause of the Little Mermaid) decided to stay here. I can't wait.

My Training Blog: http://ageekintraining.blogspot.com/
Total Miles in 2013: 235.84
2013 Races: 5/13 - Pineapple 5K (Greenwich, CT), 6/23 - Bluff Point Trail Run (Groton, CT), 7/14 - 5K Foam Fest (Haverhill, MA), 7/20 - Run or Dye 5K (Hartford, CT), 9/15 - Surftown 13.1 (Westerly, RI), 9/28 - Color Me Rad 5K (Providence, RI), 10/12 - Hartford Half Marathon (Hartford, CT)

Old 04-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #3417
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Question Please give YOUR opinion of the Bed Comfort at Nemo Suites!!!

HI..20th visit to WDW but FIRST to AOA...
Can anyone review the comfort of the Beds there?
We are staying in the Nemo Suites....But have stayed
at Pop a few times and know from experience how "HARD"
the mattresses are there...!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #3418
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFYsince71 View Post
HI..20th visit to WDW but FIRST to AOA...
Can anyone review the comfort of the Beds there?
We are staying in the Nemo Suites....But have stayed
at Pop a few times and know from experience how "HARD"
the mattresses are there...!!!!
I stayed in LM room sand thought they were wonderful, but I thought Pop bes were fabulous too and I have a bad back and hard beds REALLY bother me. I have not found a bad bed yet at Disney, but when I got to other hotels, other than Marriotts I bring an air mattress to sleep on.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #3419
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Hi,

Thanks for all the information on this thread. We are just back from a week at AoA Little Mermaid. We had a great room in the Ursula building, 3rd floor & very quiet. Mousekeeping was great. We asked for extra towels on the first day & they made sure we had them all week without asking again, same for the shampoos. We got towel animals the first day which we kept in our window. The room was very clean & comfortable. I thought it would be hot at night but the temperature was at 68 & just fine for sleeping. The pillows were from the Flintstones (very hard).

The walk from the buses to LM was 5 minutes. We timed it on my cell phone. It was not as long as I thought it would be.

The pools were great. Zero entry at a Value...awesome. The theming was over the top & very fun.

We ate at the foodcourt & it was ok (we like POR's better.) I had read the menus before we left so I knew what to expect. The one thing I did not like about the foodcourt was the silverware at toddler level at the end of the registers. Twice I saw little kids playing with the silverware which was enough so I asked for to-go utensils each time we ate there. It's just not sanitary.

The buses were great, we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a bus to come so we lucked out.

Overall we really loved this resort & would return. Any questions, let me know!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #3420
sechem32
Earning My Ears

I've had fun reading this thread and learning lots! Thanks!
But today was a really exciting day - we got our Magical Express paperwork and luggage tags in the mail today! Just 37 days until we fly down and let Disney wisk us to our LM rooms! Can't wait!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: